September 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by sysco9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product for $21 at mac and I luve this! Since I am very fair I can use this as a concealer wich is what I love it for! It has a yellow undertone so it counteracts the dark undereye circles. It doesn't crease as my concealer HOWEVER it did crease as an eyeshadow base but maybe I just applied too much. I really hope this doesn't dry out fast! As a concealer I find that is covers VERY well medium-full coverage yet you can't tell wether or not I'm wearing it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by marcigurl

This product dried up very quickly when I had only used it a few times and makes my light-medium skin tone look very sickly like on my eyes. It is so dry that it makes your eyeshadow look cakey. For those of you that have already purchased this and want to know how to solve the "drying" out problem is to use E.L.F. eyeshadow primer that is like a wand,put that on your eyelid first then apply this base. I don't trust E.L.F. primer alone because it is so liquidy and to me doesn't seem as if it will stay on long, so I guess the two work hand in hand.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulMistakex3

I was very excited to try this product because it had so many good reviews. It works great as a base for your eyeshadows but you have to apply a small amount if you dont it will crease and look cakey! but I regret buying this for the only reason it dried up so fast :( and there was so much left. Waste of money. Once its dried up no matter what you do to make it softer or atleast being able to use it, it wont work. It dries up like clay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful product. I use it as a lid primer before applying eye shadows, and just by itself on days I don't wear any shadow.

Worn by itself it really evens out the lid colour and perfects a flawless foundation look. I use NC15 studio fix and soft ochre is a perfect colour for the lids. It brightens my eyes, and yep I really do love it.

Worn as a primer under an eye shadow it works really well. First of all, if using MAC loose pigment shadow this product is a must. It keeps the shadow in place without it all falling or smudging off. No creases either.

Fantastic product! Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by supersophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you're looking for something to even out your eyelids (for pale-ish skin, NC15-NC25 I'd say) then this is for you. If you're cool toned (NW) then I'd go for Painterly - this is more for warm toned skin, IMO. I genuinely think a concealer works just as well though. It's EXACTLY the same colour as my Studio Fix concealer in NC20.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to hate any types of cream cosmetics except for lip products. This color actually works really well with my skin tone on the lid areas. If you put on a light layer of this paint pot, it will hold your shadows and it does make the shadows last longer. You can use it with a primer or without, since it's already creamy, it's not necessary to use a primer. I don't like the jar packaging, because of sanitation purposes. It's quite expensive but it last a very long time. I only wear makeup twice a week, so this will last me a few years. I would like to try the other neutral or natural paint pots colors by MAC.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by aPetiteDiva

Everyone loves this product, sadly I don't, it creases up no matter how I apply it or how long I wait for it to dry. The color is all wrong on me (none of the neutral paint pots do) and it's drying up now...need to chuck it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by opticvirgo77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this color for for a lid primer /base color. This color serves as a great base to build a great everday neutral look for me at work. My eyes pop with this color against my yellow toned darker complexion NC45ish. I am pleased with this product and will repurchase if I ever run out a little goes a long way with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Nikkers8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has become my permanent eyelid primer (even thought it's not marketed as one). I've tried Primer Potion and Mac paints but they all crease toward my inner eye about 7 hours in. This product pretty much matches my skin but brightens my eyelid a bit. It's the perfect base for shadow and it does not crease - ever! I'm going to look for some other colours that wold make a nice base. It also packs a lot of product in there - I see it lasting a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by daveandjudith

I have dark eyelids (matches my undereye circles!) and Soft Ochre is the perfect corrector for my medium to fair skin. The creme dries quickly so a light, swift application (I use my ring finger) is required so the product is blended; otherwise, it will dry in a thick layer and look crepey. This product is waterproof so a makeup remover is required. I use Soft Ochre every day either by itself or with other shadows. Soft Ochre really opens up my eye area and makes me look younger!