MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

4.2

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the paint pots, though I wish they had more colors. Currently I use Painterly and Bare Study, then add my color in the liner or crease as these are both pretty neutral. The paint pots are miles better than Bobbi Brown because they are so easy to get out of the much bigger, wider pot. Even a SA at BB told me not to expect their cream shadows to last more than half a jar as they dry up. But soft ochre is such a boring color. I have neutral skin, a little warm, and it does nothing to bring out my green eyes. It is just the color of flesh or my foundation. Try the other colors before you go for this one.

on 3/5/2012 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This made my eyes sad. I bought it on a whim (or because the MAC artist swindled me) and wish I stuck with UDPP. While my eyelids can tend to be oily, this was a pain to put on evenly and easily. It's pretty dry and difficult to spread. I used to use Bare Study which went on much nicer, but that has been too shimmery lately. I don't mind the price as I would have used this everyday...but I won't. :"( Time to go return!

on 2/23/2012 12:52:00 AM

I use this paint pot every time I I just want to look a bit more alive. I just spread it all over my eyelid with my finger and a little bit of eyeliner and that's my all i need for the day. It's pretty creamy and nice to wear alone or as a base for regular shadows. Definitely try it out!

on 2/6/2012 9:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I like this product! It evens out the skin tone on my lids and on the brow bone. Perfect colour for my skin tone (MAC NC15/20). It makes my eye shadow last longer.

The only negative thing I can say is that it is a little bit dry, so I have to store it in my bathroom, where the temperature is warmer than in the bedroom (where I keep all my other makeup).

on 2/5/2012 5:49:00 PM

I've used UDPP, Smashbox's eye primer, and Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. This is hands down the best eye primer out of them all. It creates a clean canvas for my eyeshadows and doesn't crease.

I'm definitely buying another one when I run out.

on 2/2/2012 12:53:00 PM

I've been a fan of MAC's Painterly for years and I finally decided to branch out and try Soft Ochre. I'm pleasantly surprised and really like this paint pot too. I find the yellow really does a better job of concealing the discolourations on my lids and like Painterly provided a smooth, creaseless, and matte canvass for my shadows.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I use this as a primer for my eyes. You can see every single vein on my eyelids. I used to prime my eyelids with concealer, but Paint Pots are way better for priming.
I wanted a primer with a coverage. The Paint Pots just do a great job.
Soft Ochre covers all of my veins and neutralizes the redness of my eyelids. It never ever creases. Works great for me and I highly recommend it, unless you have oily eyelids!

on 12/24/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product really does live up to the hype. It's a truly excellent, can't-be-improved eye shadow base that never creases and keeps eye shadow in place for hours and hours--even at a wedding with lots of dancing! Plus, the product is quite opaque, providing a great color base for folks like me whose skin is light, but whose eye area has permanent dark circles. Just be warned that, although it's a godsend for my oily eyelids, it's definitely not for dry skin. It will accentuate flakes as well wrinkles. For myself, though, I really could not be happier with this product.

on 11/30/2011 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This works great as an all over lid color. I just use my finger to sweep it over the entire eye area. It covers discolorations, and evens out the skintone on the lid. In a rush, this, plus eyeliner and mascara is enough for a neat, polished eye. No creasing on my oily lids even after 12 hours. Love it!

on 11/19/2011 8:52:00 AM

This paint pot truly is the perfect base for eyeshadow. I've only one other p.p. before this in the shade Artifact, and honestly it doesn't get that much use. I use my Soft Ochre nearly every day because I can tell the difference now on the days that I don't. It provides a flawltaess, smooth and even surface for your eyeshadow and I never have to worry about it fading or smudging with this on. I especially make sure to use it before using a liquid liner, even if I just wear my pp and liquid liner, it makes the liner stay all day without budging at all. I took a nap in my makeup and my liner was perfect with pp on underneath. I chose this shade in particular over any other neutral shade (there are quite a few) because this shade is completely matte, has a nice yellowish brightening tint and, because I have olive skin, this matched the best. I can get away with using it as concealer as well because it really matches my skin, but I prefer to use actual concealer instead. I think this is a great eyeshadow base especially if you just want to neutralize everything before eyeshadow but I honestly don't think it's that much better than NYX eyeshadow base in the skintone shade. This does keep your eyeshadow on longer but because it is somewhat drying. I would not use this if you have dry eyelids. In that case the NYX one would be a much better choice.

Top Rated MAC Products