Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer spf15

3.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5% Octyl Methoxycinnamate), Octisalate (2% Octyl Salicylate) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Methylparaben, Mica, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Propylparaben, Silica, Steareth 2, Steareth 21, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 6/2/09

on 10/2/2012 4:56:00 PM

Pros:
-Light Moisturizer-its not too heavy or thick.
-It has SPF 15 which is GREAT. You protect your skin every day without taking an extra step.
-It really does even out your skin. I get so many complements!
-It also smooths out your skin!
-Its great for sensitive skin, Aveeno is a great brand that wont destroy your skin.

Cons:
-The price sucks. I get mine for 14.95 at Walmart. Thankfully I only need to rebuy every three months or so.
-It may break you out at first, especially if you have acne-prone skin.

I've been using this moisturizer for several years and I am very surprised its getting so many bad reviews! Recently I switched to a (cheaper) more intense moisturizer for about a month. My skin went crazy. blochy, red, and even drier than before. I switched back and viola! I dont think I can ever use anything else, this is one of my must haves.

on 9/27/2012 8:53:00 PM

First of all, I do not have good skin-it is acne prone, blotchy/red, some brown spots, and it can get very oilly. Regardless of my skin issues, this moisturizer sucked because:
1. It had a grainy texture when I applied it. It sits on the skin and blocks pores. I have huge pores and it fills them up and just sits on my skin and looks grainy.
2. DO NOT USE UNDER MAKEUP. If you wear it under makeup, the makeup will look cakey and it was ball up under your skin after awhile. It also makes the makeup not last. I noticed by the end of the day my makeup either looked really cakey or it was gone, and it is because of this product.
3. It causes some breakouts. I got breakouts on my cheeks and I NEVER get breakouts there.
Do not buy this or their tinted moisturizer. That also sits on the skin and blocks pores and makes your pore extrememely visible. This is going in the trash

on 9/17/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 2

Price: 4 (For a drugstore product, really expensive)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: No

-------------------------------------------------

I was really excited to try this at first; it sounded exactly what I was looking for, providing light moisture, light SPF, and helping with discolourations. I am in my mid twenties, and have combination skin that tends to be very acne prone/sensitive.

Performance:

It provides light moisture. The weather is becoming cooler and drier, so my skin craves moisture after washing. I find that when I apply this my skin initially feels better but feels a little tight about 5 minutes later. I've also noticed my skin feels a little warm and slightly itchy when I wear this, which suggests I might have some kind of mild allergy to something in this. Initially, I found this lotion did help with the uneven skintone around my nose and upper lip, and even helped a little bit with some freckles on my cheeks. But after continued use, I didn't notice the same benefits and of course the aforementioned tingling and tightness made me think maybe this is causing it (I haven't changed anything else in my routine). I also noticed lately that I've been getting several breakouts -- they go away quickly, but the point is I'm getting breakouts... which I try so hard to avoid!

Price: for a drugstore product, this is really expensive. It was $20 CAN, but it came with a bonus full-sized matching Cleanser. For that price, I'm expecting a good product; for me, it's not really living up to expectations.

Packaging: Meh. Standard plastic bottles that you can't really see how much is left.It has a pump with a twist-lock mechanism, which is handy if you travel.

Summary:

I don't know what I'm going to do with this product now, since I feel like it's the cause of my recent skin issues... but if you have sensitive skin, I would beware of this product!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this product. It has helped to reduce my pimples and made my freckles less noticable. I was hoping that it would also take away some of my blotchiness but alas it didnt really help in that department. It does moisturise quite well but i have found that i have to apply a second or even third layer sometimes. If you have incredibly dry skin i would maybe get something a little richer or just apply more then one layer. If you have oily skin i am not sure if this would do well for you but my nose is pretty oily and it seems to be the place that sucks it all up in a few minutes. I have noticed that it has little specks of glitter in it but it isnt too much and doesn't Sit on the skin, not making you look like the cosmos unlike other shimmery products. I like the bottle and the pump but i hate the box it comes in, it just annoys me. I get it the cheapest i can which unfortunately still isnt that cheap but it lasts for two or three months so I dont mind too much. I have bought this about three times and would reccomend it.

on 8/19/2012 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

this product is an absolute pieace of sh*t !!
i cannot believe i used it! it fully ruiend my clean and clear skin!
it gave me a rash all around my mouth which i still effing have!
also it gave me pimples in places where i had smooth skin!
i was very upset and dissapointed! i cannot belive this happened im so sad i look so disguisting and ugly! i could cry and im not even joking! seriously not even makeup can cover the damadge made to my face.
please peoople do not buy this product!!! dont waste ur money!! buy better things!

I saw this product in a magazine ad and immediately wanted to try it.

After reading reviews for it on this site I decided to buy it. Within 1-2 weeks my skin looks AMAZING. My overall complexion is so clear and looks like I'm already wearing makeup.

I use less makeup now because of the way my skin looks!

on 7/29/2012 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have sensitive, dry skin and burn easily. As such, I'm a big fan of SPF moisturizers. I struggled to find one that wasn't too thick, went well with or without make up, and didn't leave a white cast. I found positively radiant moisturizer SPF 15 and fell absolutely in love. It isn't overly greasy and seems to help reduce dark spots without bleaching your face. It also goes on very well under make up.

on 7/29/2012 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is, dare I say, my Holy Grail daily moisturizer.

I used the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation for a couple weeks and liked the results I saw in my skin with that, but unfortunately I hated the feel, and the color was off. So, I began my search for skin-improving moisturizers instead.

I saw some reviews for this, and thought I would try it out, and I am so glad I did. It's a bit pricey, but it will probably last me half the year so it's no big deal. I have seen such an improvement in my skin with using this. I put it on every morning after I wash my face, and let it sink in before putting on makeup. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone, but this hasn't made it any worse.

My skin's clarity and texture has improved a lot, and the added SPF is nice as well. My face just looks brighter and more radiant and I love it.

It is a bit of a thicker moisturizer, but like I said, even with oily skin I don't really have problems with it. I don't use it at night, I only use one pump in the morning and spread it over my face and neck.

I will continue to buy this product when I run out and I really hope they never discontinue this stuff as it's really changed my skin for the better.

on 7/28/2012 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG morning moisturizer. I am easily tempted by skincare products but I always come back to this. I have sensitive, combo (oily with dry/flaky patches), acne prone, clog prone skin. This stuff gives me an excellent amount of moisture without being greasy. It takes a little bit for it to sink in but when it does I'm left with a dewy, dare I say radiant comlexion. My face looks bright and glowy, not oily or sparkly. I do have to use a richer moisturizer at night though so this might not work for those with super dry skin. But for slightly oily to slightly dry I highly recommend it. I've never had any breakouts or rashes of any sort with it, which is rare for me. It has a light smell but it's not offputting. I use this on my upper back, shoulders, and chest as well since they break out so easily and this never aggravates those areas. Using it once a day lasts me about 3 to 4 months. My makeup applies really well over this and makes my makeup look less dull. If this is ever discontinued I will be devastated.

on 7/22/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I would not recommend this product to anyone with even slightly oily skin. At first, i would out this on at night before i would go to bed and i would wake up with horribly greasy skin. I tried applying it in the morning for a few days and this just made my makeup look terribly cakey and it made my look way oilyer than usual. It was a waist of 20 dollars, it's just been sitting in my .

Popular Moisturizers