August 21, 2014 | 1740 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by jazzercise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always heard that mineral products were great for your skin, but never knew that it would break me out so bad! My oily combination skin is usually quite moderate when it comes to acne, just a few here and there on my T-zone. But within the first week of using this powder, I got pimples in places I've never had before (ex. my cheeks).

Thank god for their return policy, I recently exchanged it for the MAC studiofix careblend in medium plus. Hopefully that one works out better!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by ilhwo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this powder! I have very dry skin in some spots (thanks to my eczema) and normal skin in other areas, and this applies smoothly without caking or emphasizing dryness or flaking. It actually gives me a really nice, natural, satin finish: not too matte, not too dewy. It feels very light on the skin too; I don't feel like I have anything on.
The coverage isn't really high, but a light layer is enough to even out my skin tone and conceal some of my lighter blemishes. It's also more layerable than other powders I've tried, so if I don't feel like using concealer for whatever reason, I can cover up stuff like darker spots or even my dark circles, if they aren't too severe. At that point, the finish becomes less "natural", but it still isn't super powdery or cakey.
The only cons I can think of are that the MUA might have matched me a little dark, which is more noticeable when I try to apply more of this. I also would have liked it if this this came with a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the first MAC powder i bought, hit pan on, and am now repurchasing. I always used Clinique's Stay Matte, until one day the MAC SA used this on me and i figured i'd try it out - what the hell, ya know? Well... I realized the price per oz is cheaper than Clinique and I love the satin finish compared to Clinique's matte finish! I love the almost luminosity this powder brings to my face as a finishing powder. I never feel over done and as another reviewer stated, i feel like my skin can breathe. It definitely is a very light/sheer coverage, but buildable, if you want to wear it alone. It doesn't settle into any fine lines for me - even under the eye - and it doesn't give me any orangey or pink oxidizing colorization. I'm NW25-NW30, depending on the season... and this color transitions me throughout the year. My one qualm with this is i feel like although there's more than Clinique's, I definitely used it up faster. Not sure if it was because I was just loving it so much or because the powder just tends to waste faster. Hm.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by CocoPinkXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For a powder this gives such a beautiful look that isnt too matte. I do think it emphasizes fine line's though if you over apply it and try to wear it as a full on foundation. I swear I instantly get compliments whenever I wear it, it just gives your skin an eventoned airbrushed look. I think it's a fab buy, it also makes the best bronzer if you get a shade 1-2 shades darker then your skin. Apply it with a light hand and you'll love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by diamondprincess21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of all the rave reviews, but whenever I put this on; my skin looks dirty. Maybe I have the wrong color, or maybe i'm not applying it properly. I'm a nc30 for reference and was matched with medium plus. I might try going to a MAC counter and try getting matched with a different color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Alissab123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually use this product in conjunction with my cg smoothers tinted moisturizer (but any tinted moisturizer works) to set it, give me a little more coverage, and end up with an airbrushed, flawless effect. It really delivers! I loooooove this powder SO MUCH. Only problem is if you apply too much or don't have quite the right shade etc. it can look a bit cakey. other than that 5 LIPPIES!!!!!! love this, REALLY reccomend for anyone who want a flawless airbrush finish!! (AKA everyone!) I really wish it had a mirror that came with it though :/

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by mickeyrdam

The attribute 'natural' comes from the fact that the finish of this powder is not completely matte, but more like a matte with just a bit of natural luminosity.

My main problem with this powder is its texture. It is not very finely milled and it can definitely look cakey on drier areas of the face. Using it in combination with fix+ helps with that issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by mrh625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gives my skin a beautiful airbrused affect. Love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by indie23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite MAC powder. I wear this over prolongwear concealer and it stays put all day. The coverage is good (not too heavy, not too light), it looks natural and I feel like my skin can breathe. I used to wear Studio Fix powder but after a while it just felt too heavy for me, so I switched to wearing this with concealer and it's the best my skin has looked in a long time. It's a little pricey, but the compact lasts me 2-3 months, so I guess it could be worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by cuyugang0322

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only reason I did not give this product a 5 is because the "medium plus" made my yellow undertoned skin look ashy pink. I went back to MAC to find a more suitable shade for my strong yellow undertones, and the rep suggested the medium dark. I'm normally an NC35 during the early summer days, but NC35 can run a little light as I tan throughout the summer. The mineralized skinfinish natural allowed me to keep my NC35 even as I tan. I use the Medium Dark as an all over bronzer to deepen my foundation. I use it to simply set me liquid foundation (currently the MAC pro long wear) or I'll use it by itself over concealer (for light coverage). The formula allows for natural finish that doesn't make you look cakey or overdone. An essential to my daily routine.