Neutrogena Healthy Volume

3.7

on 7/18/2010 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This has become my go-to mascara, I have purchased it several times. It makes lashes thicker and longer, and I swear that continual use actually helps your lashes grow too. I have pretty decent lashes anyway, so with this mascara they almost look like false lashes. When I do stray and try a new mascara I remember how other brands make lashes kinda crispy and brittle, but Neutrogena Healthy Volume keeps lashes soft. The wand is ridiculously big, and I have to be careful not to smudge my eyelids, but that's all part of the magic I guess. I tried the Maybelline one that has a similar wand, but it's not as densely packed so you don't get the same effect, and it's much messier on the lids.

on 7/14/2010 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been through 3 of these Healthy Volume mascaras. It is a good one! Give it a few days to "break it in" with the brush going in and out of the tube because at first use, or two, the mascara seems dryish.
However, after a few days of usage, this mascara goes up a notch. I buy the Carbon Black. My lashes are black and soft and nice and they definitely look nicer, longer, and natural. I have medium length lashes to begin with. Healthy Volume has olive oil in it so perhaps that helps my lashes look healthy and grow nice.
Mascara comes off easily with makeup remover or face wash. It is really black when it comes off so get an eye makeup remover to help.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

When I originally bought this I absolutely loved it! I loved the fact that it was a drier formula and hence held my curl better. I have straight lashes and have to curl them with a curler. The wetter formulas just straighten them back out again. The bad side was that it dried out too quickly. I repurchased and for some reason the second tube wasn't that great and did nothing for my lashes. Maybe it was just a bad tube but it totally turned me off. So I switched to NYX doll eye volume. I am still on my first tube and so far so good. I will wait until I go through at least a second tube before reviewing though :)

I bought this mascara not really knowing what to expect. (though I didn't expect a super dramatic effect) and at first it was whatever, nothing really special. However, I feel like I've achieved the look i want from it now. I've had it for a few weeks and since I wanted to like it I stuck with it Sooo now I do really like it! Oh and btw I have it in carbon black. I curl my lashes put two coats on. I let it dry while i do my hair and then once the mascara dries almost completely I gently curl the lashes again. (I have medium to long lashes but they're pretty straight so I have a problem with them staying curled) This mascara doesn't hold a curl too well if you put one coat on it will undo the curl but not completely. I haven't experienced any flaking or smudging, the product seems to be holding up well and i wanna say I've had it for about a month now.. so far so good. I've also tried covergirl lashblast and that's my favorite right now but I'll save more of it and only use it at night when i go out or want to look really done up. The difference about the two mascaras is that lashblast gives a bit more volume, i wanna say it holds a curl better too! so i'll give this product 4 lippies instead of 5..I do really like it though :)

this mascara doesn't give as much volume as other "volumizing" products, but i do feel like it's "healthy" as it promises. my lashes look better after i remove this mascara than when i remove other mascaras. it does give a good amount of volume... not the most dramatic look, but still looks great.

on 6/6/2010 12:19:00 PM

really dislike this mascara. i bought it because my lashes have been breaking recently and this mascara is supposedly infused with olive oil and good things, but it's SUCH a dry formula that i don't see how that's possible.

it's very dry, it doesn't necessarily clump my lashes together but there are like dry clumps everywhere that are just stuck to the brush when you pull it out, and i don't feel that the brush is a good shape for reaching all the lashes. as for volume, i find that maybelline full n soft gives a better look without all the cons i just listed.

fyi, this is brand new, straight out of the packaging. i bought the waterproof version at first by mistake and i figured that's why it was so dry. i was surprised to find that the regular formula is like that too.

on 6/6/2010 12:13:00 PM

I got this is black waterproof. So this mascara gives my lashes amazing length and volume- but it smudges terribly! My lashes looked so good i decided to ignore the smudging, but the older the tube got the worse the sumdging got so I had to give it up ;(
PROS: -length and volume -holds curl beautifully -nice rich colors
CONS: -difficult to remove -smudges!!!

A lot of times this product comes with a free mini neutrogena eye makeup remover which is my go to remover. Anyways, this mascara rocks on my big brown eyes. It's subtle but if I use the carbon black (which I have just started getting into last year) my eyes completely pop. This makes the whites of your eyes stand out and almost looks like you're wearing a little eyeliner (in a soft way, not intense liner) if you apply it to the bottom lashes. Also, I need a mascara that stays soft and flexible on my lashes so that if I go to wipe my eyes, my lashes don't fall out with the dried mascara. This product definitely feels like it's conditioning on the lashes. I would reccommend.

on 5/4/2010 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i actually like this. for days when i dont want to look like im wearing mascara this works realy well. it glides on, no clumps. i realy like it. so far out of the mascaras iv tried this and lashblast are def my favorite.
*i have dark long lashes without mascara though, so if your lashes are lacking you probably wont like this.

on 5/1/2010 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really liked this product BUT if you are looking for a mascara with 400% volume/length, this isn't it (The packaging was misleading :/ ).
Healthy Volume gives off very subtle volume, which is why I liked it. It's a great mascara if you are a first time user to makeup, or if you're just about satisfied with your lashes naturally. It didn't flake at ALL for me, and I actually found the smell pleasant, despite what the other reviewers said! Kinda girlie and... natural. I'm going to get another bottle ASAP!