July 31, 2014 | 1103 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by cidoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Kiss Me Heroine Make long and curl is a wear-all-day utility mascara that holds up through concerts, weddings and sneaking over rooftops in black jammies and a belt full of blowdarts. It's smudge and flake-free under absolutely ridiculous circumstances, and it holds a curl right up until you take it off. Add those qualities to a super black, super long finish with an extremely exaggerated curl, and we have a winner.

It's worth mentioning that Heroine make mascara is not perfect, considering that it 1) spiders somewhat and 2) absolutely hates to come off at the end of the day. So if you get this mascara, 1) get a lash comb and 2) get the Heroine Make mascara remover. And it LOOKS a bit dry, so it's not ideal for photoshoots or mascara connoisseurs. But as a utility mascara, it's pretty much unmatched. I'm not quite ready to confer HG status, but if you made me choose a mascara for til the end of time, this would be it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by supragurl7

I absolutely love this mascara. I choose it over Majolica Majorca Lash Frame. Although this mascara is for long and curl, it does provide some volume to the extent that is perfect for me. Compare to MJ, Heroine provides more volume. It holds my curl super high, like my lashes got a face lift. I first curl it with Shiseido curler and then apply this mascara. No matter how many coats I put on, it never clumps, serious! I've found 2 effective ways of removing this wonderful mascara. First using your pinky, get some vaseline, and brush it on your lashes. You must leave it on for at least 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, using your index finger and thumbs, gently pinch your lashes and rub gently. Remove residue with tissue, and continue with your face wash routine, preferably with an oil cleanser. Second method, is using the Heroine Make Mascara remover in the light pink tube. The instructions says to leave it for 3 minutes which is totally absurd. You must leave it for at least 15 minutes. And then follow the same steps as you would with the vaseline. Using these 2 methods, after cleansing entire face I will use Neutrogena eye makeup remover if there are still and eye makeup left.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by nettersbetter

This is one of my favorite mascaras. It gives me great length and volume with no clumping, but most importantly, it holds my curl ALL DAY! I never get any flaking or smudging. I really like the small plastic brush which is great for getting the base of your lashes and the inner/outer corners. This is EXTREMELY waterproof, so it is difficult to remove, but that is the same very reason it holds a curl. What I do is saturate a cotton pad with a dual-phase remover and gently press against my eye for 10 seconds. This will soften the mascara considerably. Then I lightly swipe my lashes up and down with the pad with light pressure (in the same motion of applying mascara, if that makes any sense). My mascara comes off with no scrubbing or tugging and I have never lost any lashes by doing it this way. The bottom line is you HAVE to use a dual-phase or oil-based eye MU remover, or else you will find it nearly impossible to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by idrish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is simply a perfect mascara. Beautifully lengthens and curls your lashes without clumps. No smudge. Just two coats of this mascara held up my short, straight Asian eye lashes for 10 hours! With good eye makeup remover (I found oil-based ones are much more effective) not so hard to remove.

For those in Asia, I recommend Missha's eye makeup remover as a dirt-cheap substitute to Kiss Me eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Long and curl is an amazing mascara. I use a fiber mascara on my lashes and layer a top coat to finish my lashes. After kiss me mascara I just know my mascara doesn't budge, smudge, flake or move even after 14 hours of wear. I use oil based remover to remove it and it comes off easily after soaking with oil for 2 minutes

Excellent mascara to top off your lash coats to ensure a waterproof and budgeproof day :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by sezling

The best mascara I have come across, having tried a few supermarket and department store brands. It doesn't flake, it's waterproof, it actually lengthens quite considerably. In short it's longlasting so I don't have to worry about it once its on. Only comes off with an oil cleanser though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by vickywang

This mascara is amazing. I used volume one before but I prefer this one. It is very black, waterproof and holds the curl very well. It takes more than six months to dry out. You do need to use eye make up remover to remove this.I am very happy with the purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by SunnySunjey

It's one of my favorite mascaras after I tried a lot of mascaras from maybelline, loreal, chanel, dior, lancome, clarins, clinique, guerlains, helena rubinstein....and so on.
For my asian lashes, which are fine, with no natural curl,normal long and very stubborn ;) this mascara is really good!!
But I have to say, that for the first application this mascara is too heavy/ hard for my asian lashes. It makes them just going down after I curled them. But after using inimtable by chanel and divinora by guerlain (which is not availible anymore and very bad for me, but I luckily buyed a lot of them before they were taken out) the kiss me mascara just gives them the wow effect. it gives them more drama, the color is deep black and they highlight my lashes perfectly. It does not clump my lashes together and it makes them longer AND thicker. I think the last effect dominates more although the mascara called "long and curl". And it fix the applications before really good so that the curl oh the lashes stay all day and all night!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by laserclam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this mascara for over a year and it is the best I've ever tried. It goes on smoothly, you can add volume with ease, the brush is a nice size and shape, and it lasts forever without smudging. It's not marketed as waterproof, but it definitely is, and it doesn't go on clumpy like other waterproof formulas.You definitely need makeup remover, which is the only drawback, I guess. It can be pricey at Japanese markets, but I buy a few at a time on Ebay for around $12 each, which isn't horrible. I recommend it to anyone who will listen.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by COOKIES

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Puts the loads of mascaras I've tried before to shame.