July 24, 2014 | 1819 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by laconline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this after seeing the rave reviews the liquid version got, thinking a powder version would be lighter and therefore better for my oily, spot prone skin. I don't mind the packaging too much, I find it easier to buff in the powder with the smaller, tougher brush.
The actual powder itself has a very thick, chalky consistency, though unfortunately not much lasting power as my skin starts getting really shiny again after a couple of hours. Coverage isn't great, and while it does little to improve skin tone it gives your skin a harsh ashy appearance. On the upside it didn't break me out, but I wouldn't get it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the second Revlon foundation I tried, and the second to disappoint me. I tried the ColorStay liquid foundation and it was too heavy for me. I was thinking this one might be a bit lighter and would cover about as well, but neither was the case. The packaging has this odd twistable brush that pulls out and twists to open. The brush is small and gets too much of the product at once. But once you figure out the packaging it actually blends well to your skin. In fact well enough this might be suitable as an ultra light foundation or as a mid-day touchup. But as a full coverage foundation is where it fails. It really didn't cover a single blemish, and it looks very cakey if you apply enough of it to do so. It also has the odd feeling like plastic wrap is around your face. It looks light when you put it on, but it actually is very heavy. Overall not too impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by OrdPsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first mineral foundation and had quite high expectations for it. However it turned out to be non-lasting and the finish was not too much to my liking.

At first it gives a nice medium coverage but after some time it starts to go away unevenly. Mind you, I have oily skin so that may have been the cause.

Also it made me break out in tiny pimples (nothing too serious but still) and was quite disappointing. Application could be better too.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by toffeenut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, this is my first review on MUA and I wish it were for a better
product. I bought this mineral foundation at CVS in an attempt to find a cheaper alternative to my HG MAC msf in natural dark. The dark version of this was too red, so I picked up medium deep (I'm NC 45 for reference). Okay, can we say a waste of money?! The brush is a piece of crap. I use a kabuki brush to get the best finish, but this is just okay. It is a bit too light for my complexion (aka it looks ashy) and doesn't do much to "smooth" out my complexion. I was not looking for miracles, but this did nothing for me. (my msf in dark just smoothes out my skin and gives it a polish look.) I lost my receipt, so unfortunately, I couldn't return it. I use it at home when playing with makeup or for short errands around the way.
Update 4/9/10 - I threw this away. Just a total disappointment and waste of my money.It lost a lippie too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Tiff575

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my favorite foundation for a while now. It is much more natural looking than liquid foundations. I have found the packaging easy to use. I have oily skin with ruddy undertones, and it does quite well covering skin, though I have never found a product for my oily skin that really lasts all day. It's quick and easy to put on, and I don't need to use extra face powder to set it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by egy77

I bought this product because I was tired of using MAC studio fix since it was making me a greasy mess by end of the day and I wanted to find something cheaper. First, I agree with all the reviews that the packaging is terrible. It takes a lot of shaking upside down to get enough product to use so I have to pull the clear plastic part completly out and just dap my brush in it and tap it a little to get extra product off.. Yes I do recommend buying your own brush since the brush it comes with it isn't soft at all and is tiny. Now, the color is a perfect match for me (I use medium). It stays on through the day and even when I go out at night (my studio fix didn't last on as long).. The coverage is good enough for me. It gives me a natural medium coverage thats not cakey at all. I get shiny at times so I just blot with pressed powder during the day (so what..nothing is perfect)...And you can always find it on sale like buy one get one so you can't beat the price..I highly recommend it ..Give it a try nothing to lose :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by jensthirdsn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not bad for the price! Covers pretty well! My face did start looking a little shiny throughout the day though. I would buy it again if it was ever on sale for buy one get one free at Walgreens again hehe.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I have been a faithful user of the L'Oreal version which has been excellent in terms of look, wear, and quality. This one does seem kinda dry in consistency and texture, but I was attracted to the claim of the 16 hour long wear. I have yet to see how this fares over that a long a period of time, and when I have, I will update. Wish the spf was higher, but hey, can't have everything.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by vagirl4real

I would probably use this for a bronzer not a foundation its really dry looking I have had mines for about a year and still have a whole bottle.
I don't recommend this for a foundation its horrible..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ronitabandita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, first off, like everyone says, the packaging is awful, not because of it's design but int he quality of the materials. it is very hard to travel with. When I packed it for a vacation, the darn top broke and I had powder everywhere, causing me to waste a lot of the product (and it's not that cheap). the brush is hard and a bit painful
Now the good qualities about it. The color of deep works great on chocolate/medium brown skinned women (black, indian, samoan, etc.) It looks kinda reddish in the bottle but once you put it on, it blends well. Unlike Bare Minerals, it does not react to the skins oil and turn purple. With Revlon, my skins oil mixes with the powder and it turns into a liquid foundation after a while. It lasts throughout the workday, but definitely not more than 10 hours. If you have dark spots, be sure to weart a lighter colored concealer underneath.
I did buy it again, however, I will NOT travel with it this time.