November 22, 2014 | 947 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by me12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, this is definitely not a substitute for Revlon Colourstay liquid. It is no where near the quality of the liquid. Actually, each day i apply the liquid then pat this on over the liquid, but only in places with spots. it makes the coverage over these areas last a little longer and makes the coverage more intense. I don't reccomend you use this on any dry or flaky areas and it looks a bit cakey if it's all over. This is also better if you have oily skin because after and hour or two, oils from your face mix with the powder and make it look more natural, when you first apply the powder it can look too fake and cakey. As it's a mineral foundation too, it's better to push the powder into the skin rather than 'dust' it on the surface if you want better coverage. Really, there's probably better powders out there but i try to use the products i have first. Might not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by kimg2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry to say that this foundation was a big disappointment to me. The packaging/brush is terrible - I never could figure out how to use it without making a mess, and the little brush is a joke, all rough and "scraggly". I ended up dumping some of the powder into another container and using my own Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki brush to apply it. I found that this foundation gave me no coverage at all, and like another reviewer commented, it starts looking cakey if you apply more in an attempt to get it to cover anything. After a few hours, my face was all shiny and looked like I had no foundation on at all. I have used it twice now with the same results both times. I'm returning this stuff today.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My first mineral foundation and i must say, i was pretty impresed. it gave a natural look overall. coverage was decent and so did the lasting power - of which i was kinda disappointed about as 'colorstay' sounded like it was gonna stay on for a good long while. but it's alright.

one thing was that the brush that came along was kinda sucky. it is rough, a lil too small and it shed. it's loosely packed and at times, you tend to get too much foundation on the brush itself. plus, the container makes it real hard to tap of excess powder - which often resulted in a messy makeup counter. oh well.

but nonetheless, a decently good product (:

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by kl87

For starters I agree with everyone on the packagaing. The brush supplied is too small, fiddly and not to mention every time I have used it I have ended up with the bristles on my face! The idea of having small holes for the powder to get through is good, but with the way the packaging is it just doesnt work - I had to turn it upside down to get the powder out and shake it about a bit.. The staying power is also not the best, it didnt really last all day.. it wasnt too bad at covering minor blemishes though..I wouldnt use it again as a foundation unless I only wanted light coverage and for a short event (not all day wear). It worked quite well as a powder to set liquid foundation and performed better at that task.. Also not quite sold on the colours, they come across okay but when on make you look quite pale (if used as foundation, not too bad when you use it on top of liquid foundation).
I won't be buying this product again, will be searching for a better product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by laconline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this after seeing the rave reviews the liquid version got, thinking a powder version would be lighter and therefore better for my oily, spot prone skin. I don't mind the packaging too much, I find it easier to buff in the powder with the smaller, tougher brush.
The actual powder itself has a very thick, chalky consistency, though unfortunately not much lasting power as my skin starts getting really shiny again after a couple of hours. Coverage isn't great, and while it does little to improve skin tone it gives your skin a harsh ashy appearance. On the upside it didn't break me out, but I wouldn't get it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the second Revlon foundation I tried, and the second to disappoint me. I tried the ColorStay liquid foundation and it was too heavy for me. I was thinking this one might be a bit lighter and would cover about as well, but neither was the case. The packaging has this odd twistable brush that pulls out and twists to open. The brush is small and gets too much of the product at once. But once you figure out the packaging it actually blends well to your skin. In fact well enough this might be suitable as an ultra light foundation or as a mid-day touchup. But as a full coverage foundation is where it fails. It really didn't cover a single blemish, and it looks very cakey if you apply enough of it to do so. It also has the odd feeling like plastic wrap is around your face. It looks light when you put it on, but it actually is very heavy. Overall not too impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by OrdPsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first mineral foundation and had quite high expectations for it. However it turned out to be non-lasting and the finish was not too much to my liking.

At first it gives a nice medium coverage but after some time it starts to go away unevenly. Mind you, I have oily skin so that may have been the cause.

Also it made me break out in tiny pimples (nothing too serious but still) and was quite disappointing. Application could be better too.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by toffeenut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, this is my first review on MUA and I wish it were for a better
product. I bought this mineral foundation at CVS in an attempt to find a cheaper alternative to my HG MAC msf in natural dark. The dark version of this was too red, so I picked up medium deep (I'm NC 45 for reference). Okay, can we say a waste of money?! The brush is a piece of crap. I use a kabuki brush to get the best finish, but this is just okay. It is a bit too light for my complexion (aka it looks ashy) and doesn't do much to "smooth" out my complexion. I was not looking for miracles, but this did nothing for me. (my msf in dark just smoothes out my skin and gives it a polish look.) I lost my receipt, so unfortunately, I couldn't return it. I use it at home when playing with makeup or for short errands around the way.
Update 4/9/10 - I threw this away. Just a total disappointment and waste of my money.It lost a lippie too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Tiff575

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my favorite foundation for a while now. It is much more natural looking than liquid foundations. I have found the packaging easy to use. I have oily skin with ruddy undertones, and it does quite well covering skin, though I have never found a product for my oily skin that really lasts all day. It's quick and easy to put on, and I don't need to use extra face powder to set it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by egy77

I bought this product because I was tired of using MAC studio fix since it was making me a greasy mess by end of the day and I wanted to find something cheaper. First, I agree with all the reviews that the packaging is terrible. It takes a lot of shaking upside down to get enough product to use so I have to pull the clear plastic part completly out and just dap my brush in it and tap it a little to get extra product off.. Yes I do recommend buying your own brush since the brush it comes with it isn't soft at all and is tiny. Now, the color is a perfect match for me (I use medium). It stays on through the day and even when I go out at night (my studio fix didn't last on as long).. The coverage is good enough for me. It gives me a natural medium coverage thats not cakey at all. I get shiny at times so I just blot with pressed powder during the day (so what..nothing is perfect)...And you can always find it on sale like buy one get one so you can't beat the price..I highly recommend it ..Give it a try nothing to lose :)