October 25, 2014 | 1880 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG HG HG Alert!!!

Love!! More brands that make eye primers need to think like this...make a tube packaged primer so it's good to the last drop! This is a fantastic eye primer that really keeps yer shadow on from dusk til dawn.

I don't like to use it with loose eyeshadows/pigment because it doesn't hold as well and they don't show as vibrant on. But for natural looks this is def great. I got this so i could use it on clients for sanitary purposes, i use it as well and have no prob with it.

It comes in a very cute mint green tube. 17 bucks is not bad since you get a lot of product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Works very well to keep shadow in place all day, but you have to be aware that if this product sits unused for a little while, it will separate in the tube, so make sure to shake it very well every time before use. I think this works a tiny bit better than the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but only marginally; they're basically the same and work as well as each other in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Smurf72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought my second tube. The only other primer I have tried is the ELF $1 one and it worked fine but dried up way to fast. This two faced primer works great and lasts FOREVER; that other tube lasted about a year. I don't have to use much at all and I like the small tip so that just a little bit comes out. I just know that eye shadows used to crease and melt away on me by the end of the day and now it does not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff actually does keep most of my eyeshadow on the eye for most of the day.

My skin isn't too oily but I will get a little here and there.

At the end of the day I still do have some creased eyeshadow that has migrated on the eyelid and a strip of non-eyeshadow skin where the crease in my eye is. But it is not very noticeable. This is still a pretty good product as it does MOST of its job well. Good packaging and gives you a great bank for you buck

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by lifnisanders

absolutely adore this! this is my first eye primer and it works so good! my eyeshadow usually crease in like 3 hours of using but when i use this, it stays all day long! i have a very oily eye lid btw ! love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by gabriellerae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My go-to eyeshadow primer for creaseless, phenomenal priming. Once I realized that this Too Faced primer offered all of the benefits I was looking for in an eyeshadow primer (no creasing, sufficient but lightweight coverage, etc.) I've stuck with it for the past 4 years. I often hear complaints about it being runny, which I have noticed when I first open a fresh tube, but have always been to alleviate by shaking and rolling the tube until product fully mixes. Would definitely recommend to others.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst eye primer I've ever tried! It's cheaply made & packaged. It's a complete waste of money. I wear Estee Lauder double wear foundation, this primer actually took off my foundation! Now for you ladies who wear double wear, you know that its a higher end good quality foundation that's not easily removed. I used the smallest amount of this & it just cut right through my foundation. It was oily and just gross.. I will stick with urban decay.

Note: Shake this primer before use, otherwise oil will squirt out first!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by viivijw

I think this eyeshadow primer is okay but for me it doesn't last as long as UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by georginags

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not sure about this. I purchased this yesterday because everyone raves on about how good it is. I'm still testing it out and so far so good. But why is this so runny?! It's seriously like water. I've tried shaking it and rubbing the tube in my hands to combine the mixture but still no luck. I'm reading that you just have to wait it out until you reach the good stuff but it's seriously wasteful!

But on the upside, this stuff does what it claims to do. Your shadow will stay put and look way better than it would without a primer at all. Creasing seems to be nightmare for everyone but I've really had any creasing issues to begin with. Before this I was using face of Australia eyeshadow primer and this creased like mad the second you put it on. As it's a lot like MAC prep+prime (texture wise), all it really did was make the eyeshadow "stick" to your eyelids. I would just pat the eyeshadow down over the crease and then blend away. And it would stay perfect for the rest of the day. My only issue with my face of Australia primer (or any other primer with similar texture) is that it can be quite difficult to work with. And I don't like the idea of pulling at my eyelids just to put it on. The too faced shadow insurance is a dream to put on! And it feels lovely too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Penglorraine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best eyeshadow or eye primers out there. I got it for 10 $ at ulta during their 21 days of beauty and even a free gift of sample honey by Marc Jacobs. It started a bit runny from the tube but then it was just when I opened it. Perfect for dry to combination skin, not sure about oily skin, maybe udpp is better for oily since it's of thixker consistency. Well I like too faced primer because it is light and helps my gel eyeliner stay on longer. Also I have sensitive dry skin, so no eye irritation and super light, I don't even feel anything when I use it. Doesn't have a bad smell and lasts pretty long for the price. Doesn't hurt to try it, it's as good or better than udpp depending on skin type.