L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

on 10/29/2009 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have a few tubes of this and I'm not very satisfied with the color payoff. It does look rather dull, so I have to find that I layer this with another lip gloss/stain/lipstick. I already have pretty big lips naturally...this does slightly enhance that, but not by much. Honestly, not very impressed with this product. I only use it when I want a natural/nude lip, which I rarely do. Doesn't last too long, either. Doesn't plump like it says it should...all in all, this product falls short. I'll use what I have, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 10/28/2009 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

Stays on long, but not the shine. Looks dull after about 2 hours. Comes completely off in 6 hours.. And when it fades off/comes of, my lips feel dry and stiff, almost irritated. Sticky, so the product tends to pick up a lot of dirt - had my lips and nasty1Has a cotton candy-bubblegum type of smell that is so attracting at first, but gets annoying and a bit nauseating.

on 10/23/2009 10:48:00 PM

I just tried this lip gloss for the first time today. I only own one color (Petal: A muted pink and champagne-like color with shimmer). The color I have is very lovely, and I think it's an ideal color to wear with smokey eyes. The gloss is more pigmented than I expected it to be, and that's a good thing. It makes my lips look paler, but in a really good and flattering way.

I've found that this lip gloss actually does tend to last quite a long time (around 5-6 hours for me), so this gloss would be really good for when I have to go places that don't allow me time to reapply my lip gloss frequently.

The applicator is really something. I'm not picky when it comes to gloss applicators, but this one is pretty neat. It doesn't pick up a lot of gloss, but this is a good thing, because it's always easier to build up on gloss instead of working with too much gloss.

There's one negative thing I have to say about this gloss: I really don't like the smell. Lip gloss and lip stick scents usually don't have the tendency to bother me. You know that (in)famous Play-Doh smell in many drug store lipsticks? That smell doesn't bother me in the slightest. The smell in this gloss, though ... It bothers me. I'm fine as long as I keep my nose away from the applicator, but wow. The product smells like heavy chemicals that are trying to be hidden by a vanilla scent. Disgusting!

I think the smell is preventing me from truly loving this lip gloss, which is a shame, because the quality of the product is extremely good for a drugstore brand (and even high-end brands). I'm on the fence about whether I'll buy this again ... Perhaps if I am able to hit a sale on it, then I will.

on 10/18/2009 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I only buy these when they're BOGO at Walgreen's or Ulta, since they're a bit pricey for a DS brand. Infallible lip gloss is my HG, my absolute favorite, and I've tried lots of gloss, from all of Bare Escentuals' offerings to other drugstore brands (can't stand Rimmel glosses), Too Faced, MAC, and this stuff lasts longer than any of them (about five hours) and looks great. It doesn't have an unpleasant taste or smell, it's not too sticky (one must expect a little tackiness from any specialty long-lasting product, but I've had a lot worse), it really does last, and the color offerings are splendid. And the applicator! It's the best applicator I've ever had on lip gloss--it really gives you full control over application. I highly recommend this lovely, versatile gloss available in many, many lovely colors.

on 10/18/2009 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The only color I have of this is (815) Barely Nude.

Pros:
- The color was perfect for my lips… it made me look more lively!
- No glitter/reflexes
- Just the right amount of shine
- Not sticky
- It applicator makes it SO easy for the gloss to slide on your lips
- It smells sweet… kind of like candy! I usually never buy lipglosses from drugstores because of those cheap, plastic smell they provide, but this one is not like that!
- Very natural!

Cons:
- it can dry up your lips after a while

on 10/13/2009 12:54:00 AM

I own this in Plumped Pink. It's a soft baby pink with tons of gold shimmers. I have finally found a good gloss with GOLD shimmers! Lip gloss always comes with silver shimmer, or glitter that is just huge and cheap looking! I will likely try other colors as well now. This product goes for about $10 in drugstores (way too much money, I suggest you wait for a BOGO deal). A reader mentioned this below, but for some reason, the tubes of gloss are not sealed. That's disgusting, especially for drugstore makeup where teenagers love to open and sample the products. I'm a bit put off by that fact. When you buy this product, be sure to reach and take a tube from the back, like you're getting milk from the market. The product smells slightly like chocolate (ew) however the smell goes away the moment it hits my lips. It tingles just a tiny bit (not at all unbearable), but I do not see any kind of "plumping," nor was I expecting to. The formula is a bit tacky, where my hair will stick to my lips at all time, but still long wearing. Overall I'm very pleased with the formula and the color of this gloss, and willing to overlook the stickiness. Just don't wear this on a windy day :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know if I got a spoiled lipgloss, but this is by far the worst lipgloss I have ever tried.
I got the color in Suede. Its a gorgeous nude champagne. But its sheer so that doesn't matter.First of all, the product wasn't sealed. If yours was, LET ME KNOW, and i'll throw mine away. I don't like buy products that aren't sealed because its just unsanitary, but I figured I'd tried it out anyways because I got it in the clearance bin for $2. Second of all, the smell is horrible. It smells spoiled. I can't handle it, it makes me gag.
I will try out other infallible lipglosses, but this one is going to the trash can.

on 9/30/2009 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have this in color 115 (which I think says Blush but it's so tiny I cannot be sure!) and I really like it. I wear it over color-stay type lipsticks from CG, Revlon and Maybelline. I have horribly pale lips so if gloss or regular lipstick wear off I always have one of these colorstay type lipsticks underneath for backup.

So I wear this over lighter and darker pink colorstay lipsticks and it's very pretty. It does last all day but the top layer will come off all over your coffee cup or whatever you eat. But the bottom layer will last through lunch and the rest of your daily beverages. It's pretty sticky and I don't really dig that (hair in lipstick/gloss was something I happily said goodbye to when I started wearing the colorstay-type lipsticks) but the color makes up for that.

I would definitely buy this again and I have purchased it in one other color. It is nice but not as nice as this color - same formulation and it smells heavenly when applied! (Both colors.) If you don't like smell, it does disappear quickly.

on 9/20/2009 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i have this in truffle and sangria. i wear this lipgloss when i'm going to be in front of people all day at work and i won't have time to deal with retouching my lipcolor. truffle is a darker nude with shimmer and sangria is a slightly plummy pink with shimmer on my lips.

yes, this wears differently than normal glosses and lipsticks but that's because of the longwearing formulation. the color stays true for at least five hours in my experience. it doesn't last through a meal for me but i can easily reapply after eating and don't need a product that will last through eating.

someone else on MUA described the proper way to apply this product but i will paraphrase here: pull out the wand, apply on your upper and lower lips using only the product given in the one pull of the wand. do not dip the wand back in and add more to your lips.

this product is definitely a great buy esp if you can get it on sale. i can understand when others say it's uncomfortably dry on the lips. i just use burt's bees lip balm underneath and this makes it comfortable.

on 9/13/2009 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

In Europe, the Infallible Lip Gloss is called Glam Shine 6H and the shades are quite different (in names only) but the texture and the packing are identical.
I am a lip gloss fanatic and I have like 30 from different brands. This is, I must admit, my favorite one even though it was very very cheap (like 10$) compared to my other lip glosses from Dior, Chanel, MAC, NARS, etc. I am not a big fan of the drugstore brands; I think that their products are low quality but with this lip gloss...Oh my God! It is true, it is sticky but that is what makes it last so long. Furthermore, even if it tends to get into the lips and stay there, it provides a veeery loong lasting shine and the color on the lips it's gorgeous. I never thought I'll say this but YES! I will buy this again and not only this shade; I wanna try all the shades.

Popular Lip Glosses