July 31, 2014 | 1021 users online

Treatments (Face) - Walgreens - Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 8%

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jter391

I have been using this for about a month and it is AMAZING! I am 23 and have never broken out until about 7 months ago. Now, I break out in cystic acne that makes it look like I was attacked by angry hornets. I guess it was going to happen sooner or later. I tried several things to prevent the acne and nothing worked except for this. It's sooooo cheap and works! I use this every night and I think, since I don't use much on my face, I'll start using some on my legs to make the skin look more even. They give you so much product! My skin have never looked this good and I don't have to wear makeup anymore. Just a tip: Only use this at night.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Been using this for a week now, and so far all it's done is irritate my skin and break me out. My face feels very rough & chapped, and it's slightly red too. It's both oily & dry at the same time, if that's possible. I started using this because I have a bit of unevenness on my forehead, but it's not really evening my skin out at all. If anything it's getting worse cause I actually HAVE to wear foundation now. And the breaking out- I've used AHAs before & I know all about "purging", but... this doesn't seem like purging to me. Every other time I've "purged" I got normal pimples, but this time I'm getting blackheads & clogged pores. I only get that kind of acne when its a *product* breaking me out. I think the Isopropyl palmitate(aka microcrystalline wax) is the main culprit, but there are all kinds of comedogenic ingredients in this. This cream feels VERY greasy, I honestly had to fight the urge to wash it off. Overall, a HUGE disappointment.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by nucosmojunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My chin has been breaking out lately, so I started using this at night. So far, it seems like it's evening out the bumpiness. This is doing wonders for my flaky legs.

I tried applying this right after towel drying my face and it stung. If I wait 'til my face dries first, I don't feel the stinging. =) I'll update if something extraordinary happens.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sbrie011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Currently I really like this product,
It has a slight burn when you put it on
my skin just began purging after my first two weeks of using it.
I'll update on my skin later on, when it makes some progress.

Edit: I stopped using this fairly soon after I started. I didn't notice any relevant changes within my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by LoHa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For reference:
--My skin is combination, leaning towards oily.
--I have quite a bit of redness in my cheeks.
--I don't usually get big blemishes, just small ones on my forehead, chin, temples, and an occasional one on my cheeks.

I just purchased Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Cream today. I know it's pretty early to write a review, but I didn't want to wait until after I've been using it for a month to write the review in case I forget something. I will update as I go.

Day 1: Applied a thin coat after rinsing Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask off and patting my face dry with a clean towel. It stung a little, but not unbearable. It was a slightly more than comfortable tingle feeling. Despite the slight burn, It did not make my face red or irritated, which is a huge plus considering most products used to treat acne tend to irritate my skin and turn it red and blotchy and it takes around 10 to 20 minutes for it to calm down.

As of right now I am rating it a 4, simply for the burn factor.

Day 2:
I woke up this morning and my face felt smooth. I did not notice a difference as far as oil production, but some small bumps near my temples seemed to have gone down a little and are not nearly as red and inflamed as they were. The Queen Helene Mask probably helped with that though.

Anyway, I put this on my face again tonight after cleasing with Clean and Clear Morning Burst scrub to wash my makeup off. It did not burn or tingle at all this time, apparently that was a one time only thing. Same as last night, it did not make my face red or irritated at all.

I think my skin is begining to purge. I noticed a small pimple on my chin this morning, as well as 2 or 3 small pimples on my forehead.

Will update again when my skin stops purging and/or I begin seeing results, unless something note-worthy happens between now and then that I feel is signifigant continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Asheema

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a week now .I know its too soon to write a review..but I wanted to write it because this product has not given me any breakouts except some purging which is huge for me because my skin is super sensitive.I will update soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I bought this because of the reviews and high recommendations of the skin and mu boards... I am so glad that I finally found it and tried it. I started having some allergy and acne problem. The combination of both just made my skin look like a disaster... I am not sure whether it was hormonal or something I used or ate but within two months, my face was almost unbearable to deal with. Do not expect this to be a miracle drug that could affect your skin immediately... You have to at least give it 2 weeks to see the results. Within a couple of days however, your will notice the better texture of your skin. Your skin becomes smooth and your pores become as small as possible. The redness and acne condition gradually go away. The fine wrinkles would disappear too. The last but not the least, this product is so inexpensive. I have bought products 20 times more expensive than this but they did not work as well. This product addresses and cures a lot of skin problems. I absolutely love it and I will use it for the rest of my life-

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by daniebug4h

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product after reading the reviews and various posts on the skin care board. I went to my local Walgreens and found 2 tubs of it, so I snagged both. I have been using this product for 2 months now and I will continue using it. Before I had constant red and inflamed skin with very noticeable laugh lines around my mouth. After use, my skin has cleared up, it's now more even skin tone, and the redness has drastically dissapeared. The laugh lines are less noticeable, and I have a slight glowing, dewey look to my skin. I will continue to use this product and repurchase. I'm very happy with the results. After this 2 month use, I believe maybe my skin is getting used to it, so I will add it to my morning skin care routine and see if that makes a difference. But then again, my skin could be reacting to stress. I will let you know.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Auntie_Von

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful beauty bargain at $6. The W Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream is helpful for anti-aging as well as acne. My face feels smooth and moisturized after I use it. (There is no scent.)

The cream seems be be absorbed rather than forming a layer that peels off like the acne.org alpha hydroxy gel I purchased.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by demureninja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up after failing to find the Alpha Hydrox brand products, which had been recommended to me by a friend who has lovely skin. I think I paid about $6 for the giant tub at Walgreens, so it was a good deal considering how spending other AHA seem to be. The texture of the product is kind of sticky and glue-y, and despite using it for about 2 months in a row, it never failed to sting my skin when I put it on. I can't recommend this product because not only did it not keep my skin from breaking out or seem to reduce any little wrinkles, I found it to clog the pores on my face and make visible blackheads on my nose and around my chin, which was never an issue before using this! It also caused my skin to become oilier in general, and the fact that the product remains sticky/tacky for awhile meant I had to slap it on before bed and then try not to touch my pillow or blankets. Overall, this didn't have a positive reaction with my skin (although admittedly, I have sensistive, combo, acne-prone skin), and seemed to make it worse while I used it.