December 22, 2014 | 1070 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by AirportHilton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not a bad product by any means. It didn't cause a breakout or any burning or anything like that. I just think that for my skin, Alpha Hydrox Soufle is just more effective for my skin. The Walgreen's version did seem to make my skin smoother, but I think the Alpha Hydrox was more effective with lightening brown spots and breaking down the dirt in my pores. I'll keep this on hand for when i run out of the other one or am on a no buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about two months. I wanted to use it for a while to write a fair review.

I have to say that I am really pleased with this product. I have dry skin, and have tried tons of thick, supposidly ''moisturizing'' night moisturizers, only to be dissapointed. The first couple of nights I used this product, my skin did not feel hydrated enough. After about a week, though - I started noticing improvements. The texture of my skin was better, I had less break-outs, my blackheads seemed to lessen. I wouldn't exactly call this a miracle product, because I still have blackheads and breakouts - but it does a good job with keeping the rest of my skin looking good.

I use this nightly and have barely made a dent in the jar in the past two months, I would still guess I have about 80% left. A little goes a long way, and you're not supposed to use a lot anyway, or it will have reverse effects.

I did not have any purging with this product initially, which was nice. It also controls the flakiness of my skin. It's totally gone! I pretty much love this stuff, and will continue to use it - and will definitely buy again when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by kooda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried everything under the sun it seems, I have been to the dermatologist so many times, and nothing seemed to work for my skin. I would try something new and it would work only for a few weeks and then my skin would just start to break out all over again. I read the reviews on this product and I decided to try this last thing before I go back to the dermatologist. It has been about a week and a half and so far so good, my pores have shrunk and my skin is sooooo smooth, it is definitely something new for my skin, my breakouts have slowed down, i still am breaking out, but the pimples are different that before, and they go away in about 1-2 days. it is drying, so i only use it during the night, and i use a daytime lightweight moisturizer. i will update in a couple of weeks. . hopefully i won't have to go back to the dermatologist.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Louzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so afraid that Walgreens was going to discontinue this because I didn't see this product on their shelves for several months. Turns out they were working on a new packaging, well, not so new, they just changed the look, it's still in the same jar container as before. Which by the way is my only gripe. It's very unsanitary and many of you agree with me. It's a thick cream with a slighly....ammonia-ish smell? It's hard to describe, but it's a distinct smell that most facial creams I own don't have. It takes some getting used to and I suggest to get a wiff of something very sweet like a strong perfume before applying it so it doesn't irritate your nose. I used this on my face when I was breaking up really bad. It helped in eliminating my active pimples, but after prolonged use it started to burn my skin and leave a shiny, but not oily, look on my face. I stopped using it and got prescribed Retin-A and this sat on a shelf for several months. After I ran out of Am-Lactin for my Keratosis Pilaris, I remembered owning this and started using it on my legs and arms and OH WOWWEEEE did it work. I even used it on my rough elbows and knees. It sloughed off the dead layers in a cellular level and my legs and arms never looked so good. You can touch and look at my skin and tell that it is neither dry nor flaky. It definitely helped in restoring the moisture and I found that my skin absorbed my body lotions a lot better than before. This cream is really afforadble, I bought mine for $5.99 and I definitely recommend this product to anyone suffering from mild acne and rough patches on your legs and arms.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by original

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's been about 5 years since my last MUA review....so yea that says alot already. lol I just had to write about this highly favored product that i've heard so much at MUA.
i finally went to my local walgreens (only two left) and tried this out.

ok, little off topic: i confess i used several different 5 year old skin product samples (yea, crazy i know but i didnt want to trash them nor swap them to a poor soul) in my stash along with a new claudie vinoperfect? for dry skin about 2 weeks or so prior to using this. my skin looked ok but no huge improvement. However, after one week i used Walgreens a-OH (and still did did my crazy ancient skin samples + claudie), my skin just suddenly felt better. honestly, my skin was so soft, i couldnt stop touching it!!! it looked better too. my light brown spots (though not so obvious from afar but can be seen really up close) were so much less obvious in close view. my naso-labial wrinkles are still apparent, no obvious change yet (hope this to change). also i feel my skin got lighter.

ok, so you may say: "hey it's the claudie + the old skin samples that did the change your face or could be the action of all of these working together." oh but wait! i also put some of the a-OH on my posterior hands. and if my memory serves me right, i only used the a-OH on my hands (not my expensive claudie or skin samples). my hands did look lighter, diminished age spots and softer in texture. they look like a baby's (lol, slight exaggeration there) but you get the point. so yes, i attribute all of this to walgreens a-OH.

Some tips how i use it. i use it like some readers here. i use it only at night AFTER i wash my face thoroughly. washing face opens pores and allows the product to readily seep in to be more effective. i prefer nighttime b/c i dont have to worry about being mega-paranoid in the AM by slathering SPF. (though u must always use SPF at all times when going out! all anti-aging skincare regimen is in vain without use of sunscreen!!!!) You will also feel some stinging. even after one week of use, i do feel some sting (kind of like when u use lemon on your face). it does cause some skin breakout though mine were so very minor (like red pimple on the cheek) and went away in a day or two. this is normal (as many users have this) and probably due to the increased cell-turnover? i'd say start using a small amount first then build up. so far, very pleased with this...and hoping to see what happens in the next month. thanks MUA and thank you walgreens!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jter391

I have been using this for about a month and it is AMAZING! I am 23 and have never broken out until about 7 months ago. Now, I break out in cystic acne that makes it look like I was attacked by angry hornets. I guess it was going to happen sooner or later. I tried several things to prevent the acne and nothing worked except for this. It's sooooo cheap and works! I use this every night and I think, since I don't use much on my face, I'll start using some on my legs to make the skin look more even. They give you so much product! My skin have never looked this good and I don't have to wear makeup anymore. Just a tip: Only use this at night.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Been using this for a week now, and so far all it's done is irritate my skin and break me out. My face feels very rough & chapped, and it's slightly red too. It's both oily & dry at the same time, if that's possible. I started using this because I have a bit of unevenness on my forehead, but it's not really evening my skin out at all. If anything it's getting worse cause I actually HAVE to wear foundation now. And the breaking out- I've used AHAs before & I know all about "purging", but... this doesn't seem like purging to me. Every other time I've "purged" I got normal pimples, but this time I'm getting blackheads & clogged pores. I only get that kind of acne when its a *product* breaking me out. I think the Isopropyl palmitate(aka microcrystalline wax) is the main culprit, but there are all kinds of comedogenic ingredients in this. This cream feels VERY greasy, I honestly had to fight the urge to wash it off. Overall, a HUGE disappointment.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by nucosmojunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My chin has been breaking out lately, so I started using this at night. So far, it seems like it's evening out the bumpiness. This is doing wonders for my flaky legs.

I tried applying this right after towel drying my face and it stung. If I wait 'til my face dries first, I don't feel the stinging. =) I'll update if something extraordinary happens.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sbrie011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Currently I really like this product,
It has a slight burn when you put it on
my skin just began purging after my first two weeks of using it.
I'll update on my skin later on, when it makes some progress.

Edit: I stopped using this fairly soon after I started. I didn't notice any relevant changes within my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by LoHa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For reference:
--My skin is combination, leaning towards oily.
--I have quite a bit of redness in my cheeks.
--I don't usually get big blemishes, just small ones on my forehead, chin, temples, and an occasional one on my cheeks.

I just purchased Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Cream today. I know it's pretty early to write a review, but I didn't want to wait until after I've been using it for a month to write the review in case I forget something. I will update as I go.

Day 1: Applied a thin coat after rinsing Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask off and patting my face dry with a clean towel. It stung a little, but not unbearable. It was a slightly more than comfortable tingle feeling. Despite the slight burn, It did not make my face red or irritated, which is a huge plus considering most products used to treat acne tend to irritate my skin and turn it red and blotchy and it takes around 10 to 20 minutes for it to calm down.

As of right now I am rating it a 4, simply for the burn factor.

Day 2:
I woke up this morning and my face felt smooth. I did not notice a difference as far as oil production, but some small bumps near my temples seemed to have gone down a little and are not nearly as red and inflamed as they were. The Queen Helene Mask probably helped with that though.

Anyway, I put this on my face again tonight after cleasing with Clean and Clear Morning Burst scrub to wash my makeup off. It did not burn or tingle at all this time, apparently that was a one time only thing. Same as last night, it did not make my face red or irritated at all.

I think my skin is begining to purge. I noticed a small pimple on my chin this morning, as well as 2 or 3 small pimples on my forehead.

Will update again when my skin stops purging and/or I begin seeing results, unless something note-worthy happens between now and then that I feel is signifigant continued >>