September 17, 2014 | 2087 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Recussion

I bought this powder after reading great reviews and because my other powders ran out. First of all, this powder makes your skin look very even, it gives you a matte finish (be careful not to apply to much as this will make you look powdery). The key is to apply a LITTLE. One huge downside of this product is the packaging. I seriously hate it so much. Whenever I open the jar, a lot of product just falls out, as I keep it in my make up bag (which moves a lot). This is rather wasteful as the product is really expensive. When you keep it on the shelf and don't move too much it's probably OK. I also hate the application spunge you get with it. It looks great over Kanebo Sensai Fluid Finish Foundation. I guess it lasts for 4-5 hours so re-applying throughout the day is necessary. All in all: very nice powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by katnchimo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As most other MUA-ers agree, this is a FANTASTIC powder. I've used it over any combination of the following: primer, concealer, liquid foundation, tinted moisturizer, etc. All with excellent results. I really like using the included poof applicator for the loose powder. I wish that there were a separate compartment or some way to keep the poof separate from the powder in transit so it doesn't get covered in powder (hence my one lippie off for packaging, though the rest of it is beautiful).

I also have the pressed powder compact to keep in my purse. Honestly, if you are going to buy the loose or the pressed powder, I like the loose powder more. It picks up and applies the product better, and thus it's easier to get a great finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by mimisang

Very smooth and pigmented product! Value for money and the quality is superb. Very fine and a little goes a long way. This product is my HG even powders like MUFE, MAC are not as good as this......I LOVE IT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I Am HUGE on Setting powders cause unfortunately I have OILY skin!!!
I have tried everything from NARS to Palladio and although the price is a bit steep this is still by far the BEST Setting POWDER ever!!! It sets everything.. DIMINISHES my small pits and big pores...
it stays matte for a pretty decent amount of time.. lets be honest.. NO powder will make an oily face stay matte FOREVER.

THIS makes my skin look super smooth and soft to the touch.
cause i hate my foundation feeling sticky on my face..
I am on my 3rd container.. decided to shop around and test other powders cause chanel is a bit pricey.. but this still tops it all!!! even the MUF matte is not as finely milled as this..

BEST BEST POWDER for oily, sensitive, acne prone skin!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in the pressed compact version because it's way easier to travel with and to take in your handbag. This powder is so beautiful. Not cakes, no white cast, it doesn't make all this little invisible hairs on your face stand out, it doesn't add a heavy layer to your face. It is magic, light weight, hides pores and diminishes shine. But it doesn't make your look unnaturally matte. Just lovely natural finish. Gosh I love this powder...go try it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by andreeamanu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i bought this powder 2 weeks ago from sephora and i like it so much! i decided to take 40 dore translucent 3, it is a bit darker than 30, my regular channel colour, but it gives a nice finish touch to the make up and the skin is getting a slightly tanned colour. generally i put make up for ever primer, teint innocence channel foundation and then this poweder using mac brush, then little blush. really great combination. i would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this powder. I don't generally buy HE powders as I have found that the 1.99 one I get from Boots is almost identical to the Clinique loose powder so dropping the extra cash didn't seem worth it.
I decided to treat myself to this though, and I'm glad I did. It is the finest texture I have ever used, which is good for my oily nose and large pores. It is a good colour match - but then translucent powder normally is! I think the pot it comes in is lovely, although a bit cumbersome for travel. I prefer the puff that it comes with it to the brush the Clinique one comes with.
All in all, if I'm feeling flush I would buy this again. Otherwise, my 1.99 powder is perfectly adequate.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Remarkable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My mother used to use this powder all the time and I had no idea what a treasure she possessed until I bought it in January. I knew she used it every single day and it was enough for her for 1 and a half year! I love this powder. It is invisible but it gives me radiance and fixes my foundation for a long time. It is not very good for touch ups as it really needs the foundation to stick to but it makes me beautiful for a long workday. During the day I prefer my Chanel pressed powder for touch ups. The packaging is exquisite, but I prefer using my own Chanel powder brush for the application. I will keep buying this product until its discontinuation or the end of my life.... :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by mashalli

ok so I love this powder, it gives you such a flawless face but the shade that the MA suggested and i bought so does not match my skin, it gives me a sort of a tan look when i am going for a natural look and it looks like i am wearing bronzer all over my face. The shade Dore is too dark for my skin. I dont know what i should do to make it look more natural-any suggestions? Someone said that there isnt much difference between the shades so maybe this shade is ok? If anyone has this powder in shade natural and would like to swap; this is more for people with medium/darker skin. I just opend mine so i cant take it back to change the colour so i would only swap with someone who haven't used theirs that many times (max 5x use).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by catdeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The greatest loose powder ever! I love it's consistency, application and finish - all of this make it the best loose powder out there for me! I have it in #20 Clair and it makes wonderful complexion. Highly recommended!