Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

on 4/12/2008 8:45:00 PM

Does not contain any chemical suncreens, and doesn't feel sticky on your skin (it doesn't disappear though, I would say it feels like having a moisturizer on). Has a green tint to help conceal redness. I've only used it once so I can't say it's a wonder product, but as my ultra-sensitive skin can't handle most chemical sunscreens, I was super happy to find another mineral-sunscreen-only option. For reference, I have slightly dry, fair skin with neutral-cool undertones + moderate rosacea. (See previous review for ingredients.)

on 3/10/2008 12:09:00 PM

Love, love this product. I debated between this and the daily relief cream, but the clinique consultant recommended I tried this before I bought the pricier cream. I put this on after I cleanse and moisturize but not necessarily before I put make up on. However, you definitely could use this as a primer. It stays put, but is not too thick or heavy. The consistency is very nice and feels good on the skin. For the price, this multipurpose primer is fab!

on 2/17/2008 2:51:00 PM

I gave this a 5 based on a gentle oil free sunscreen that is stable. I have oily sensitive skin and this wears well under my mineral makeup. (Also posted under clinique Primer)
I paid $21.50 cdn during a GWP. This is a 40 ml tube.
I do like the sunscreen protection in this product. It is a stable spf 15 with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as the actives. The green tint is sheer and does help to diffuse redness. It is oil-free and absorbs under the skin and does well under my mineral makeup. I think this is a good sunscreen choice for sensitive skin especially those who can't wear sunscreen. Personally I would like to see a higher spf. This is something I will use in the winter only when I tend to be more blotchy/redness and can get by with a lower spf. I would like to see this formula but without the green tint so I can apply freely on back of hands, neck etc. It does not ball up like the Clinque City Block spf 40 tends to do (but I still like CSB 40 - see review)
INGREDIENTS AS FROM EMAIL INQUIRY FROM CLINIQUE***
phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate []
caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid []
hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht []
phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium
hydroxide green (ci 77289)

on 2/17/2008 2:42:00 PM

I paid $21.50 cdn during a GWP. 40 ml tube.
INGREDIENTS AS FROM EMAIL INQUIRY FROM CLINIQUE***

phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate []
caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid []
hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht []
phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium
hydroxide green (ci 77289)

on 1/25/2008 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great make up base if you are suffering from a red skin. So gentle to your face! First I was afried of the green color, had some experience with cheaper green makeup base creames and they didn't blend that well. This product does. It doesn't really conceals it, but it protects your skin very well. After a few week of use I can really tell the difference!
Tanja

on 1/10/2008 3:09:00 PM

This is a sheer light green product, very cooling. I don't think this can serve like the usual primer, because it is really a multipurpose product, a sunscreen, corrector and base. But I like it: use it after moisturizing, and before foundation. It feels good, sinks in, and doesn't break me out or cause the greasies....

on 12/29/2007 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I am liking this product. With my sensitive rosacea skin I know I need sunscreen but I never wear it because I can't find one that does not irriate my skin or is a bad base for makeup. While I wish the spf was more than 15, it's better than nothing. It doesn't irritate my easily irritated skin and the green does help reduce the appearance of my redness. It smells like their other sunscreens, but those even irritate my skin while this does not. Hopefully they can come up with a higher SPF, but until then I'll keep using this.

EDIT+++still okay and not iritating, but I found that Blue Lizard sport works much better. Higher spf, DOES not irritate, and feels GREAT going one. Try the Blue Lizard, you can find is at CVS.

on 12/28/2007 6:34:00 PM

Well, I have only had this for a week but I figured I would do an initial review because there seem to be many people who are curious about this. So far I am really liking this product. It feels very soothing, blends in easily and covers redness. This product has not irritated my skin in any way and so far I would recommend it. i will update if there is any change.
UPDATE: This is still working great! has visibly reduced redness and did not cause any breakouts. This tint can be used with or without makeup. It is not drying and blends into skin well.

on 12/10/2007 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this helps even out my skintone a bit when I have some minor redness. the spf is chemical free. the green tint is meant to neutralize redness. I dont have rosacea just the occassional redness from popping a couple of pimples. I will use this in the winter and will change to something w/ a higher spf in the summer.with this I use less concealer.

Clinique Redness Solutions daily protective base is a makeup primer that is suppose to conceal redness in the skin, mainly from Rosacea or redness from irritation. It has an gentle, physical broad spectrum SPF 15 protection from UVA/UVB exposure. I do agree that it is gentle, because it didn't irritate my skin at all. Unfortunately, it didn't cover the redness like it claims to do. If it does, it's very minor where I couldn't even tell if there was a difference. It also didn't make my makeup stay on longer than it usually does. I do like the fact that this is the first spf product that didn't irritate my skin though so I will keep on using it and will update this post accordingly. I just started to use this base but I wanted to give at least a partial review for anyone who is looking to conceal redness. I might change my rating for this product.