December 21, 2014 | 1044 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a sheer light green product, very cooling. I don't think this can serve like the usual primer, because it is really a multipurpose product, a sunscreen, corrector and base. But I like it: use it after moisturizing, and before foundation. It feels good, sinks in, and doesn't break me out or cause the greasies....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by derekb15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am liking this product. With my sensitive rosacea skin I know I need sunscreen but I never wear it because I can't find one that does not irriate my skin or is a bad base for makeup. While I wish the spf was more than 15, it's better than nothing. It doesn't irritate my easily irritated skin and the green does help reduce the appearance of my redness. It smells like their other sunscreens, but those even irritate my skin while this does not. Hopefully they can come up with a higher SPF, but until then I'll keep using this.

EDIT+++still okay and not iritating, but I found that Blue Lizard sport works much better. Higher spf, DOES not irritate, and feels GREAT going one. Try the Blue Lizard, you can find is at CVS.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by hannahjean55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I have only had this for a week but I figured I would do an initial review because there seem to be many people who are curious about this. So far I am really liking this product. It feels very soothing, blends in easily and covers redness. This product has not irritated my skin in any way and so far I would recommend it. i will update if there is any change.
UPDATE: This is still working great! has visibly reduced redness and did not cause any breakouts. This tint can be used with or without makeup. It is not drying and blends into skin well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this helps even out my skintone a bit when I have some minor redness. the spf is chemical free. the green tint is meant to neutralize redness. I dont have rosacea just the occassional redness from popping a couple of pimples. I will use this in the winter and will change to something w/ a higher spf in the summer.with this I use less concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2007 8:11:00 PM More reviews by BrandedPrincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Clinique Redness Solutions daily protective base is a makeup primer that is suppose to conceal redness in the skin, mainly from Rosacea or redness from irritation. It has an gentle, physical broad spectrum SPF 15 protection from UVA/UVB exposure. I do agree that it is gentle, because it didn't irritate my skin at all. Unfortunately, it didn't cover the redness like it claims to do. If it does, it's very minor where I couldn't even tell if there was a difference. It also didn't make my makeup stay on longer than it usually does. I do like the fact that this is the first spf product that didn't irritate my skin though so I will keep on using it and will update this post accordingly. I just started to use this base but I wanted to give at least a partial review for anyone who is looking to conceal redness. I might change my rating for this product.