October 25, 2014 | 1323 users online

Toners - Rosewater

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I get my rosewater from Holiday Market in Canton, MI. It's $1.99 for a 10 fl oz bottle, and it's from Lebanon. It has no color. I put it in a small spritz bottle with a bit of glycerine, and mist my face with it whenever it feels dry, or when I just need to freshen up. It's lovely. Very strongly scented too. Nice. The scent lingers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad I'm not the only one in LOOOVE with this amazing natural toner. I have been switching a lot of my skincare routine to natural items, as much as I can. Still need some mainstream products for deep exfoliation etc. I have used so many different toners in my lifetime and never really have run across one that is worth the price and lasts. I have really clog prone skin so sadly unless I use a toner I don't feel comfortable ven though my cleanser is amazing. I used to buy high end toners and put them in spray bottles to make them last longer. Recently I have been using a bunch of natural toners, have tried rose witch hazel etc but this is my favorite product. Love that it already comes in a great spray bottle with the perfect fine misting power (as in won't mase your eye out lol). I love the natural rose scent and rose water in that it is so versatile and can be used in homemade skincare recipes, food, etc etc. I can't say I use this on a cotton pad to rub over my face unless I have had a reaction to a peel or something as rose water is so healing adn the perfect thing to calm your skin down so for people with sensitive skin this is a msut as well. I love using this mainly as a refresher and I sapry it on my face every morning and night before I apply my moisturizer to my slightly damp skin which really helps everything sink in like a dream. Can't recommend this product more and it's super cheap! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by faaari

Awesome product! and sooo natural... im one of the people who is trying to turn my back on products packed with chemicals for every day regular use, i use cleansing scrub by simple, moisturise using primrose oil and tone with this (other way round i know i just love the feeling of rosewater last on my skin) so im on my second bottle of rose water and always make sure its purely rose and water in my bottle and no other chemicals, its totally refreshing for the skin. I use it in the mornings and night and find that when i wake up my skin still looks amazing and fresh, and not dull! ive also noticed that my skin tone has evened out with regular usage andddd best of all my pores have shrunk yaaayy!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I too have the Heritage brand in the spray bottle; it is the rosewater and glycerin one.It is a cheap alternative to Fix + Rose MAC's LE offering this summer.It smells wonderful and sets my makeup nicely-I also don't worry about using it liberally as the price is a lot lower than MAC too.
As a toner,not so much,but as a final freshening step after makeup application and aromatherapy,absolutely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is the best! Smells amazing and does great things for the face, skin, and hair. The smell does not last that long but that is okay with me since it does not contain any harsh chemicals to make it last longer. This will be a part of my beauty regimen forever:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by indiana2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Based on the reviews here, I decided to get myself a botle of rosewater from our local supermarket. At No Frills, it only cost $2.99 and its Cedar, which is a product of Lebanon. It smells so great that I sometimes dab it as a eau de toilette, too, LOL.

I've been using Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera with good results so that I was curious on how plain rosewater would fare. So far so good, its proving to be a really good toner. It doesn't dry up my skin at all. After washing face with Savon de Marseilles (which has great moisturizing qualities with no chemical additives), I wipe it with a cottonball soaked with rosewater. It tones and moisturizes so well that I don't feel the need to add another product for that purpose. Only when I need to step out will I apply a moisturizer with sunscreen.

Thanks, MUA, for another great but cheap alternative. This is so valuable for me as I have always been frugal and always on a hunt for inexpensive, natural beauty products that really work!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by ujinyoon

I have the Heritage products rosewater that comes in a spritzer bottle. I wasn't sure how I would like the smell of this products considering that I really dislike granny-esque smelling things in general (ie. crabtree and evelyn products makes me shudder, in a bad way). I spray it on my face whenever I feel like it, and I can't really attest to the toning properties and it definitely isn't moisturizing but I find that the smell alone is extremely soothing. It goes away pretty fast so which is kind of a shame but also kind of good at the same time since it makes me miss the smell and not get irritated by how overpowering it is. When I remember to spray it on in the morning, my stress just melts away as I run out the door and breathe in the heavenly scent.
EDIT: sometimes I wash my hands with soap and they get really dry afterwards. Well, yesterday just this happened and not wanting to put any lotion on, I spritzed some rosewater all over my hands. My hands went from parched to soft and moisturized. So I guess rosewater does moisturize and tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by ClariceD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes, yes and a thousand times yes. I adore rosewater. No matter what state my skin is in, applying it never fails to improve things. It soothes beautifully, is lightly hydrating but being a mild astringent takes care of any oil slicks, all while smelling just gorgeous. Another bonus is the endless range of ways in which it can be used. I like it as a straightforward toner, either by itself or mixed with various combinations of lavender water, roman chamomile water, and witch hazel. I also use it as a face mask ingredient (my simplest version is just to mix it with kaolin into a paste and apply to blemished or oily areas of my face). I spray rosewater onto make-up sponges before putting on foundation, or on my face to set make-up or cool down during the one day of British summer. It's also nice on clean bedlinen. I usually buy it cheaply from a local aromatherapy goods supplier. It's even cheaper elsewhere but theirs is alcohol-free and the amber glass packaging retains the active properties of rosewater better. Highly recommended, especially for those with sensitive skin. 4.75/100ml, from Iso Active (Edinburgh, UK).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

Rosewater is the final phase of my cleansing regime, I also mix rosewater into fresh masques or spritz on during the day to set makeup to refresh my poor irritated Retin A'd skin. I make my own rosewater as follows: Use a clean Mason jar and fill with rose petals, do not pack them down too firmly. Fill jar with bottled distilled water (not tap water which will spoil your rosewater). Steep for five days, turning jars once gently each day to mix. Strain into ice cube trays, freeze and empty cubes into freezer bag for future use. I melt one cube into a small jar which will keep for approx. 3-4 days at room temperature before it spoils. I get my roses from a friend who has a large garden. Every July I make enough to last me a year. These cubes can also be tossed into the bath for a treat. Using petals from dark pink/red roses gives a lovely rosewater however, it can be a bit staining, so now I use mainly light pink roses for my 'brew'.

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the brand sold a whole foods and the Home Health brand, in the spray bottle. Ever since i started using rosewater, my acne has cleared up significantly. I spray it on my face after cleansing and apply neutrogena's on the spot cream all over my face while my skin is still wet. and then spray more so it absorbs into my skin. I have been plagued with acne since i was 19, and it took 7 years to finally find something that works. I will never go without this, i really can't believe something so simple could work this good.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No