April 18, 2014 | 1119 users online

Toners - Rosewater

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by ujinyoon

I have the Heritage products rosewater that comes in a spritzer bottle. I wasn't sure how I would like the smell of this products considering that I really dislike granny-esque smelling things in general (ie. crabtree and evelyn products makes me shudder, in a bad way). I spray it on my face whenever I feel like it, and I can't really attest to the toning properties and it definitely isn't moisturizing but I find that the smell alone is extremely soothing. It goes away pretty fast so which is kind of a shame but also kind of good at the same time since it makes me miss the smell and not get irritated by how overpowering it is. When I remember to spray it on in the morning, my stress just melts away as I run out the door and breathe in the heavenly scent.
EDIT: sometimes I wash my hands with soap and they get really dry afterwards. Well, yesterday just this happened and not wanting to put any lotion on, I spritzed some rosewater all over my hands. My hands went from parched to soft and moisturized. So I guess rosewater does moisturize and tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by ClariceD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes, yes and a thousand times yes. I adore rosewater. No matter what state my skin is in, applying it never fails to improve things. It soothes beautifully, is lightly hydrating but being a mild astringent takes care of any oil slicks, all while smelling just gorgeous. Another bonus is the endless range of ways in which it can be used. I like it as a straightforward toner, either by itself or mixed with various combinations of lavender water, roman chamomile water, and witch hazel. I also use it as a face mask ingredient (my simplest version is just to mix it with kaolin into a paste and apply to blemished or oily areas of my face). I spray rosewater onto make-up sponges before putting on foundation, or on my face to set make-up or cool down during the one day of British summer. It's also nice on clean bedlinen. I usually buy it cheaply from a local aromatherapy goods supplier. It's even cheaper elsewhere but theirs is alcohol-free and the amber glass packaging retains the active properties of rosewater better. Highly recommended, especially for those with sensitive skin. 4.75/100ml, from Iso Active (Edinburgh, UK).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

Rosewater is the final phase of my cleansing regime, I also mix rosewater into fresh masques or spritz on during the day to set makeup to refresh my poor irritated Retin A'd skin. I make my own rosewater as follows: Use a clean Mason jar and fill with rose petals, do not pack them down too firmly. Fill jar with bottled distilled water (not tap water which will spoil your rosewater). Steep for five days, turning jars once gently each day to mix. Strain into ice cube trays, freeze and empty cubes into freezer bag for future use. I melt one cube into a small jar which will keep for approx. 3-4 days at room temperature before it spoils. I get my roses from a friend who has a large garden. Every July I make enough to last me a year. These cubes can also be tossed into the bath for a treat. Using petals from dark pink/red roses gives a lovely rosewater however, it can be a bit staining, so now I use mainly light pink roses for my 'brew'.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the brand sold a whole foods and the Home Health brand, in the spray bottle. Ever since i started using rosewater, my acne has cleared up significantly. I spray it on my face after cleansing and apply neutrogena's on the spot cream all over my face while my skin is still wet. and then spray more so it absorbs into my skin. I have been plagued with acne since i was 19, and it took 7 years to finally find something that works. I will never go without this, i really can't believe something so simple could work this good.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by daphn3_t

I buy my rosewater from the pharmacies (generic brand) so it's super cheap, only SGD$4.50 (abt US$3) for a 120ml bottle. No fancy packaging, no fancy brand names, just plain ol' rosewater. That's good enough for me.

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and I absolutely detest alcohol in my products. Since cutting out alcohol in my skincare products, I find that my skin is less oily and more calm. I believe that alcohol may bring temporary relief (that cooling sensation and the fake matte feeling), but detrimental effects in the long run.

I'm now on my 2nd bottle of rosewater toner, and I might venture into using hydrosols as I've heard that hydrosols are even better than rosewater.