April 16, 2014 | 1899 users online

Conditioner - Nioxin - Scalp Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2004 8:02:00 AM More reviews by dcolesco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While I don't have a hair thinning problem, I was looking for something to give my hair that extra boost and keep my scalp healthy and it has done all of the above. The best part about this product is that it has somehow managed to keep my oily hair from having to be washed everyday without actually making my hair dry. I've only been using it for 2 months, so I'm not sure if its actually having any positive effect on hair growth, but my hair sure feels great and I'll continue to use this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2004 4:25:00 PM More reviews by jalin

This conditioner is soooo soothing - it has a lovely tingle and minty fresh fragrance. However, I am a little skeptical about the whole Nioxin spiel. I would think ANY clarifying shampoo could clear your scalp of 'clogging debris' and any kind of shampooing action would stimulate your scalp. I'm not sure I buy into their whole sales pitch about it magically growing and thickening your hair, but this is a nice conditioner with decent detangling properties. It is similar to American Crew or Paul Mitchell Tea Tree, so if you liked the menthol-ation of those, you would probably like this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2004 9:58:00 AM More reviews by wonderfulcow

Probably the only "MINT" conditioner that I can actually feel the MINTY feeling on my scalp. Aside from aiding and prevent hair loss, it actually made my hair glossy shining! (I'm very surprised!) The texture is very unique as well, it is more of a cream than liquid-lotion-like texture. Easy to apply and rinse off easily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2004 8:27:00 AM More reviews by mere1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my. I've been suffering from a very dry scalp lately and thought this might help. Now, although it had a nice tingling sensation, the treatment reeked of urine! Gross, I felt like I was massaging piss into my scalp. Out of the shower the results weren't plesant either: although the odor was gone, I was left with zero volume at my roots. Bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2004 5:18:00 PM More reviews by phayse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makes your scalp feel refreshed and your hair healthy. I have thinning hair and this is great, seems to help with less hair loss, and it makes my scalp feel clean, my hair looks healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2004 1:29:00 PM More reviews by ChristiniBeani

This is a great conditioner. It makes my hair SO soft! If you leave it in for 3 minutes like the bottle recommends, it works even better! I also put this on my forehead along my hairline because it helps prevent breakouts and I love it! The smell is minty... it's not the best smell ever and the conditioner is a bit pricey, but it really is worth it! The bottle lasts for a while too, unless you just love putting a whole bunch of conditioner in your hair at a time... so yeah, buy this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 2:25:00 AM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Inital results are nice but long term use turned my scalp into a itchy horrible mess

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2004 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Dawn71675

I really like the Scalp Therapy (I use the Protectives). I use it on the top 1/4th of my hair and then use a few different products on the rest. The Scalp Therapy really wakes you up in the morning with the minty scent and tingle on your head. I really like it but it is a bit pricey. Trade Secret sometimes has bonus bottles for about $20 for 2x the product of the regular size for the same price. I don't know if I've really noticed any results in using it (I've been using it for a few months) but perhaps my hair is just stubborn! I will definitely repurchase. It does not weigh down my fine hair at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 9:19:00 PM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product for my hair (used along with Bliss) but boy...it STINKS!!!! Even now my hair still stinks (I washed it earlier today).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2004 8:56:00 PM More reviews by sunniva

This product has done incredible things for my hair. I had to wait a month or 2 to see the results, but was persistent, since the friend that recommended it said to be patient. Lo and behold, i started growing new hair...soft fine hair along my browline, and spikes of hair on top. I have baby fine hair and after moving to the desert southwest my hair seemed even finer, dryer, with lots of hair coming out in my brush...i wish i found this product long ago cause now i look in the mirror and am like WOAH...i have more hair, it grows faster, looks REALLY healthy. unsure if it works for everyone, but its worth a try if you want a nicer head o locks! UPDATE: after using nioxin a long time everyday, I have *more* hair on my head. I have received comments from stylists, co-workers, even Mom "you have fine hair but a LOT of it" I no longer have to tease at the roots to make my hair look decent. This is coming from someone who has has short hair all her life, because my hair was so sparse and fine. My hair is now shoulder length and looks great! I'm not sure how or why this works and not sure it works for everyone, but this product is my #1 HG.