October 25, 2014 | 1401 users online

Conditioner - Nioxin - Scalp Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2004 9:21:00 AM More reviews by ashlye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A MUST HAVE PRODUCT!!!

First of all, if you can find the shampoo and conditioner in the BIG bottles, buy them, they are a better value. I buy mine at ULTA in the salon section and then decant them into smaller bottles at home.

The price is a bit high, but for what the product does, however given the small amount used, I think it is worth the extra $$$.

My hair began to thin out in high school and after seeing my doctor, it was determined the causes were anemia, stress and the normal thinning process that can occur at any point in your life. *IMPORTANT: If you suddenly have thinning hair and you've never had a problem before or been diagnosed by a doctor, it is very important to have the issue checked out by a qualified medical professional. It could be a symptom of anemia, a thyroid problem, an eating disorder, or other serious medical conditions.

My hair stylist, not my doctor recommended this product and he should be given an gold medal and a million bucks. I have been using this product for 8 years.

I only use a quarter-size amount for my short, blonde, fine, thin hair. I love the way it makes my scalp tingle and I don't feel it weighs my hair down any more than other products.

Another review mentioned using this product on the face. I tried this and it feels soooo good. Yes, it does tingle like nothing you've ever felt before when you first put it on, but it is so refreshing and feels great. I really like to use the product on my face in the morning when I'm having a hard time waking up. The only downside to this technique is that it causes my skin to produce more oil : (
Now I only use it a few times a week or on the weekends when I'm not wearing makeup all day.

Sometimes when traveling and I don't want to worry about my shaving can exploding in my suitcase, I use this to shave my legs. That's right, I use the SCALP THERAPY to SHAVE my legs and it feels GREAT. Although it is a bit expensive if you use it for shaving.
My opinion is that if you are already bringing it along to use as a conditioner, why not multi-task and save room in your cosmetic bag?
Men might want to try shaving with this, especially if they are going to wash it off immediately. Just don't allow it to soak into your skin as it could cause your skin to produce more oil or cause breakouts.

As far as helping my hair, my stylist assures me it is working. (I don't buy this product from my stylist, so I feel he is giving me his honest opinion, and not just trying to get me to buy a product from him).

I have in the past "cheated" on Nioxin and used other products thinking I wanted a change, but I always go back to this wonderful invention. This is a great formulation, it has excellent qualities and I feel it would be a great shampoo/conditioner combo for just about everyone. I hope people aren't deterred from using this product because it is for thinning hair. If you are embarassed about the bottle, just put it into another (more stylish) bottle and no one will ever know! I can't say enough good things about this product. Try it, I think you'll love it!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2004 11:55:00 PM More reviews by hipmamma

A very good friend who is also a fab hairdresser recommended this and the shampoo. It's all she ever uses; she even uses the shampoo as a body cleanser and swears by it. I've been using this product for 4 months now and I will never use anything else again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2004 8:02:00 AM More reviews by dcolesco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While I don't have a hair thinning problem, I was looking for something to give my hair that extra boost and keep my scalp healthy and it has done all of the above. The best part about this product is that it has somehow managed to keep my oily hair from having to be washed everyday without actually making my hair dry. I've only been using it for 2 months, so I'm not sure if its actually having any positive effect on hair growth, but my hair sure feels great and I'll continue to use this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2004 4:25:00 PM More reviews by jalin

This conditioner is soooo soothing - it has a lovely tingle and minty fresh fragrance. However, I am a little skeptical about the whole Nioxin spiel. I would think ANY clarifying shampoo could clear your scalp of 'clogging debris' and any kind of shampooing action would stimulate your scalp. I'm not sure I buy into their whole sales pitch about it magically growing and thickening your hair, but this is a nice conditioner with decent detangling properties. It is similar to American Crew or Paul Mitchell Tea Tree, so if you liked the menthol-ation of those, you would probably like this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2004 9:58:00 AM More reviews by wonderfulcow

Probably the only "MINT" conditioner that I can actually feel the MINTY feeling on my scalp. Aside from aiding and prevent hair loss, it actually made my hair glossy shining! (I'm very surprised!) The texture is very unique as well, it is more of a cream than liquid-lotion-like texture. Easy to apply and rinse off easily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2004 8:27:00 AM More reviews by mere1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my. I've been suffering from a very dry scalp lately and thought this might help. Now, although it had a nice tingling sensation, the treatment reeked of urine! Gross, I felt like I was massaging piss into my scalp. Out of the shower the results weren't plesant either: although the odor was gone, I was left with zero volume at my roots. Bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2004 5:18:00 PM More reviews by phayse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makes your scalp feel refreshed and your hair healthy. I have thinning hair and this is great, seems to help with less hair loss, and it makes my scalp feel clean, my hair looks healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2004 1:29:00 PM More reviews by ChristiniBeani

This is a great conditioner. It makes my hair SO soft! If you leave it in for 3 minutes like the bottle recommends, it works even better! I also put this on my forehead along my hairline because it helps prevent breakouts and I love it! The smell is minty... it's not the best smell ever and the conditioner is a bit pricey, but it really is worth it! The bottle lasts for a while too, unless you just love putting a whole bunch of conditioner in your hair at a time... so yeah, buy this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 2:25:00 AM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Inital results are nice but long term use turned my scalp into a itchy horrible mess

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2004 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Dawn71675

I really like the Scalp Therapy (I use the Protectives). I use it on the top 1/4th of my hair and then use a few different products on the rest. The Scalp Therapy really wakes you up in the morning with the minty scent and tingle on your head. I really like it but it is a bit pricey. Trade Secret sometimes has bonus bottles for about $20 for 2x the product of the regular size for the same price. I don't know if I've really noticed any results in using it (I've been using it for a few months) but perhaps my hair is just stubborn! I will definitely repurchase. It does not weigh down my fine hair at all.