April 23, 2014 | 1728 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by MerMcClain9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING. I absolutely love this brush. It makes any powder blush look incredible; almost diffused and soft but yet, the pigment quality is still there. This is especially important because NARS powder blushes are incredible. Worth the money and you will have it forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a HG brush, no doubt about it. I'm sure that there are brushes out there that may do the job, but none does it whilst looking so incredibly delicate and beautiful. It has a far-eastern character that is uniquely traditional and modern. The quality is A+, and the craftsmanship of the person who made it is a testament to aesthetics. For £37, you are not only buying a brush, but a piece of finest industrial design and art.

Beauty of the design aside, this is an invaluable tool. The brush head is dense, yet incredibly soft. Whoever said it's like stroking the top of a cat's head has made an uncanny, but true comparison. The end is slightly tapered, which allows for immensly precise application of blush, bronzer or highlighter. It is in fact so accurate in its application, that I can use it to highlight the bridge of my nose, my cupid's bow, the sides of my nose and my brow bone without any hassle. As for blush, it applies it so flawlessly it gives me a 'glow from the within' look that only cream blushes have achieved so far.

Would I buy it again? Yes! Definitely! If you are reading this and have doubts, take the leap. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Another wonderful thing is that NARS sparked my interest in Kabuki brushes, which means that someday in the future I'll invest in more of these beauties.

Note regarding authenticty: I bought this brush on narscosmetics.co.uk. Unlike the reviewer before me, who also claims her brush is authentic, mine does not have anything suggesting its origin carved into it at all. Even though, I agree with her that NOT everything coming out of China has to be neccessarily fake, especially since most brushes are made there. I ordered a few NARS brushes from an eBay seller in Hong Kong, and I was told by a NARS Sales Assistant that they are indeed authentic. The only thing engraved on my brush are two sets of designations ('27' and 'I4OUN', see product pictures or my gallery) on the rubbery end. It is also wrapped in elegant wisteria, not thick reed as I've seen on some imitations on the internet and on Japanesque-brand brushes.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by cosmimonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this brush for more than a year now. When I first got it, I thought I may have died and gone to heaven! The NARS Kabuki Artisan Brush series is #27 Yachiyo makes is as perfect as a brush can get. The application of any powder blush or setting powder is movie-star perfect with this wonderful brush. The size is perfect for cheeks for application of all powder blushes and powders of any type! The quality is superb. The brush feels wonderful.

I have some doubts about the consistency of how NARS produces this brush tough. When I first purchased the brush from NARS counter and took it to home, I was so amazed that I wanted to purchase a back-up as well. A back-up of a 37 GBP brush!! (which is even more expensive than 50 USD), lol :-) So this time I wanted to give Ebay a shot at half price! And guess what – the yachiyo from Ebay looked exactly the same, and both the authentic one and ebay one had craving of “China” on the handle. The only difference was how soft the bristles were. The original ones’ bristles are baby bunny soft and the Ebay one was rough and stratchy. My authentic one has no kinda code engraved on it either. So, I am pretty sure that NARS manufactures yachiyo brushes in China, like most cosmetic brands do these days, including MAC.
Anyway, other than this news, I want to conclude by saying - Buy this brush! Just buy it. You won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by tavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best blush brush I've ever use, not to soft so it can pick more pigment in one sweep and can be use with any blush you have,loved it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 5:56:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the Japonesque Kabuki brush (BA-010, from HQHAIR--not affiliated) after which the NARS Yachiyo is modeled -- or vice versa. It's approx. £17 less than the NARS and they look identical, except for the colour. The Japonesque Kabuki reviewed on MUA (squirrel hair, densely packed) is different to the Japanese one I have, a white goat hair brush with a bulb of bristles that tapers gently towards the end with a cream, bamboo wrapped handle.
Fabulous blush brush! Eliminates risk of clown cheeks when applying highly pigmented blushers by NARS, Ben Nye etc.. I've used the MAC 187 (duo fibre), professional fan brushes, MAC & Laura Mercier blush brushes -- and the Japonesque performs significantly better, picking up exactly the correct amount of colour and helping to slowly build blush/ bronzer in layers. I haven't washed it yet, but the quality seems good -- no shedding, soft, perfect idiot-proof application and therefore my new HG blush brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I have been lemming for this brush a year ago, although it wasn't available in Canada. The other day when I was shopping for YSL, I noticed this baby displayed at the Nars counter next to it. I think it retails for Cad$75 (can't remember exactly, but around that ball park)
I kept telling myself this will be the last brush I'll be buying as the SA took the Visa from my hand.
This is one of the best brush I owed, Mac 187 is the other, other than the handle, which has the dried wisteria wrapped around it, it looks pretty hum-drum, ordinary. But run this over bronzer, blush, or loose powder, I noticed the difference in the application right away. You have to experience it to understand. No regret at all.
p.s. the brush initially smells a bit like goat cheese, my cat actually took interest in attacking it. I shampooed it a couple of times & the smell was gone.
edit: upgrade to 5 lippies, if I can only have 1 brush, this will be it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought my Yachiyo brush from Neiman Marcus several months ago. I love it! I use pigmented blushes, like Chantecaille's Thrill and MAC's Pink Swoon. This brush delicately picks up just the right amount of pigment. It works beautifully. I tried it with Guerlain's Meteorites but the Yachiyo tended to pick up and drop whole ballz so I cancelled using it for Meteorites. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a Yachiyo brush that I got from eBay, which, to be honest, may or may not be fake. Other brushes from the same seller were verified by NARS sales associates, but it's still possible that this is a just a very good fake. Either way, it's a fantastic brush. I didn't pay any more for it than I would have for any other good blush brush, so it was worth what I paid.
~
This is a light and delicate blush brush with a slightly tapered dome shaped head that cups your cheek perfectly. Somehow it picks up only the tiniest bit of powder in one swipe, and this prevents you from accidentally applying too much blush at one time (something I'm very bad about). It blends like a dream, too. I always felt like blush looked a little awkward on me and it was so hard to get it applied and blended just right so that it looked natural. This brush makes it incredibly easy.
~
The Yachiyo currently retails for $50, and if you can afford it and are a fan of blush, it's definitely worth it. If you don't mind the possibility of getting a fake (but possibly still decent) brush, you can get them for half that on eBay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I have mixed feelings about this brush. It has quite a unique design with it's delicate bamboo stick..
I have used this brush as a blusher for roughly 1.5 months now and I have washed it 3 times. Maybe its the MAC brush cleanser not doing it's job but I find the brush a lil scratchy sometimes ... next time I will try to wash it with baby shampoo and see if it improves. This brush was very expensive!! $98 AUD ... we always get overpriced NARS products in Australia :(

I think the brush is hand made so I find the shape not symetrical? Don't get me wrong It's a good blusher, just not good enough for 5 lippies. For the price you can get much better blush brushes elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

Ok, so, I kind of feel bad ruining the straight 5 star reviews on this but I feel like I must. Four stars, one star off for price. Don't get me wrong, I do love this brush. It has the perfect shape for applying blush and the bristles are soft while being stiff enough to distribute product evenly on the cheek. However, I have to say that it isn't worth $50. It's made in China like every other brush these days, and it has already shed 2 big bristles. I think that was just the intial "new brush" shedding that many brushes go though, since it hasn't lost any other bristles since then. However, I have yet to wash it and I'm a bit worried about that. I'm not saying that this brush is bad by any means, but, in my opinion, a brush "worth" 50 dollars has to be life changing. It is great because it is very easy to use, but think you can get the same application by *carefully* using an angled blush brush. Yachiyo delivers the same application but within a shorter time, if that makes sense. If you have the money to spend, and want a brush that will apply your blush quickly and beautifully, definitely get a Yachiyo. I would buy again, but wouldn't say it is an essential brush.