December 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush for awhile and am continuously astonished at how effectively it deposits just the right amount of color and is nearly foolproof- no massive streaking, blotching, or misplacement which you think would happen because it's not the fluffiest brush. I initially hated how the hairs are more coarse than what I'm used to, but that again is strategic- it picks up color extremely well, and is especially useful if you are going for very subtle contour, ie very light peach and nude shades, and again with the smaller diameter of the brush it's much easier to get on the sides of the nose etc for contouring. This brush really is a wonderful tool in my kit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is fantastic and has now become my HG blush brush. I was suckered into swapping for this brush because of all of the great reviews. I admit, when I first received the brush I was kind of disappointed... It didn't seem like anything special, to be honest. I thought it was just another hyped-up product and I just tucked it away in my brush belt, without any thought of it ever being used. Then one day when I was applying makeup, I forgot to wash my other blush/powder brushes and decided to just use this one real quick to brush on my highlighter. It worked wonderful, so then I tried it again with my blush - and PERFECT! It picked up just the right amount of product and made my blush look so, so natural. Now, this is the only brush I use to apply my blushes and highlighters. I'd *highly* recommend this for just about anyone & everyone.

The reason why this gets a 4 stars is because the bristles aren't the softest. It definitely feels like animal hair. I know it's goat hair, but I mean it *feels* like it's goat (I've tried other animal hair brushes that didn't *feel* like animal hair before, soo..). The other thing is that this thing sheds a hair here and there. I usually only have shedding problems with animal hair, so I guess that's nothing new (even my 7$ synthetic hair brush never shed on me!). Still, I would've hoped that a brush this expensive wouldn't shed & would be just a bit softer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 6:12:00 AM More reviews by JJPorter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite brushes. I ordered this specially from the US as even with paying postage to Australia through myus.com it was cheaper than buying from the ripoff merchants mecca cosmetica. I love this brush for contouing there is no other like it. It makes building colour fool proof and follows the natural contours of the face! Much prefer it to mac's angled contour brush, wish I had 5 of these!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by partymartyw

I decided to go for the hype and get this brush. At first I was let down. The brush was all right, but seemed a little large. I decided to use it anyway, and after a week I was hooked! This applies blush perfectly to the apples of my cheeks without being heavy or obvious. I can layer for more depth if desired, but I almost never have to blend my blush afterward. Perfect every time. I would highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by georgiekins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is the bomb when applying blushes! I have two other blush brushes, Shu Uemura brush 20 and Chantecaille Cheek Brush **BUT** I always find myself reaching for this one even if it hasn't been washed for a week! EEEEKKKKSSSSS! Yep, that's how much I love this. Whatever method it is that I choose to apply my blush, whether it's the swirling method or the patting method, etc, it never fails to make my blush look oh so natural when I use this brush. I am going to buy an alternate brush next month :) Hehe. I love love love love this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by MerMcClain9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING. I absolutely love this brush. It makes any powder blush look incredible; almost diffused and soft but yet, the pigment quality is still there. This is especially important because NARS powder blushes are incredible. Worth the money and you will have it forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a HG brush, no doubt about it. I'm sure that there are brushes out there that may do the job, but none does it whilst looking so incredibly delicate and beautiful. It has a far-eastern character that is uniquely traditional and modern. The quality is A+, and the craftsmanship of the person who made it is a testament to aesthetics. For £37, you are not only buying a brush, but a piece of finest industrial design and art.

Beauty of the design aside, this is an invaluable tool. The brush head is dense, yet incredibly soft. Whoever said it's like stroking the top of a cat's head has made an uncanny, but true comparison. The end is slightly tapered, which allows for immensly precise application of blush, bronzer or highlighter. It is in fact so accurate in its application, that I can use it to highlight the bridge of my nose, my cupid's bow, the sides of my nose and my brow bone without any hassle. As for blush, it applies it so flawlessly it gives me a 'glow from the within' look that only cream blushes have achieved so far.

Would I buy it again? Yes! Definitely! If you are reading this and have doubts, take the leap. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Another wonderful thing is that NARS sparked my interest in Kabuki brushes, which means that someday in the future I'll invest in more of these beauties.

Note regarding authenticty: I bought this brush on narscosmetics.co.uk. Unlike the reviewer before me, who also claims her brush is authentic, mine does not have anything suggesting its origin carved into it at all. Even though, I agree with her that NOT everything coming out of China has to be neccessarily fake, especially since most brushes are made there. I ordered a few NARS brushes from an eBay seller in Hong Kong, and I was told by a NARS Sales Assistant that they are indeed authentic. The only thing engraved on my brush are two sets of designations ('27' and 'I4OUN', see product pictures or my gallery) on the rubbery end. It is also wrapped in elegant wisteria, not thick reed as I've seen on some imitations on the internet and on Japanesque-brand brushes.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by cosmimonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this brush for more than a year now. When I first got it, I thought I may have died and gone to heaven! The NARS Kabuki Artisan Brush series is #27 Yachiyo makes is as perfect as a brush can get. The application of any powder blush or setting powder is movie-star perfect with this wonderful brush. The size is perfect for cheeks for application of all powder blushes and powders of any type! The quality is superb. The brush feels wonderful.

I have some doubts about the consistency of how NARS produces this brush tough. When I first purchased the brush from NARS counter and took it to home, I was so amazed that I wanted to purchase a back-up as well. A back-up of a 37 GBP brush!! (which is even more expensive than 50 USD), lol :-) So this time I wanted to give Ebay a shot at half price! And guess what – the yachiyo from Ebay looked exactly the same, and both the authentic one and ebay one had craving of “China” on the handle. The only difference was how soft the bristles were. The original ones’ bristles are baby bunny soft and the Ebay one was rough and stratchy. My authentic one has no kinda code engraved on it either. So, I am pretty sure that NARS manufactures yachiyo brushes in China, like most cosmetic brands do these days, including MAC.
Anyway, other than this news, I want to conclude by saying - Buy this brush! Just buy it. You won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by tavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best blush brush I've ever use, not to soft so it can pick more pigment in one sweep and can be use with any blush you have,loved it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 5:56:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the Japonesque Kabuki brush (BA-010, from HQHAIR--not affiliated) after which the NARS Yachiyo is modeled -- or vice versa. It's approx. £17 less than the NARS and they look identical, except for the colour. The Japonesque Kabuki reviewed on MUA (squirrel hair, densely packed) is different to the Japanese one I have, a white goat hair brush with a bulb of bristles that tapers gently towards the end with a cream, bamboo wrapped handle.
Fabulous blush brush! Eliminates risk of clown cheeks when applying highly pigmented blushers by NARS, Ben Nye etc.. I've used the MAC 187 (duo fibre), professional fan brushes, MAC & Laura Mercier blush brushes -- and the Japonesque performs significantly better, picking up exactly the correct amount of colour and helping to slowly build blush/ bronzer in layers. I haven't washed it yet, but the quality seems good -- no shedding, soft, perfect idiot-proof application and therefore my new HG blush brush.