NARS 27 - Yachiyo

4.5

This is the best blush brush I've tried thus far. It is flat enough that it doesn't put my blush as one big blob of color (unlike other brushes I've tried), which makes it much easier to control. I do like that there isn't much of a need to buff the color in/around after I use this brush since it seems to deposit a good amount of color on the cheek. Darker blushes, however, do still require the buffing, mainly since the color is so concentrated, though, which doesn't have to do with the brush itself.

It is a little pricey and I've heard that Japonesque makes a very close dupe, though I haven't tried it for myself. The only negative I can find is that the thin handle fits a little awkwardly in my brush roll, but that isn't that big of a deal. Would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've had this brush for a little over a year, and it is without a doubt my favorite blush brush. I do alternate between this brush and my Dior show blush brush, but I would say I use this 4/5 times. It's just perfect. The brush head is so cute, and the handle is so delicate and beautiful - unlike any other brush that I've ever seen.

I do have to say that I have ordered a backup/replacement, even though my original is just a year old. I have not treated this brush with the care that it deserves : / so I take full responsibility for the fact that it is not in the healthiest of conditions. I will not be so careless with my new brush! I ordered it off of the Nars website just to make sure I get the full authentic puppy.

Pure perfection: hair is soft and the shape of the brush is perfect to apply the powder in a natural way. It is the only blush brush that allows me to use Orgasm without looking OTT. Do not like the handle that much, but the hair is top quality, far better than Shu Uemura (too expensive considering it is made in China though).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I had been rotating a MAC 129 brush, a Prescriptives cheek blush brush, and a Sephora mineral makeup blush brush and none of them were spectacular when it came to applying highly-pigmented NARS blushes. This NARS brush seems like it was made for NARS blushes - picks up the perfect amount of product and makes application so easy. I don't have to worry about blending like I do w/ my other brushes. I think the 129 will be better for less-pigmented blushes, but the NARS Yachiyo is worlds better for NARS blushes.
Also, it works great for applying highlighters, like Albatross.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a great brush, I use it for blush, highlighter and bronzer. It is the perfect brush. It is also very pretty. The binding around the handle is very unique. I am sure most people will complain about how expensive it is, but really, what did you expect from NARS?

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this because of all the great reviews on MUA and youtube. So far I'm not blown away by the brush. I get the same application from other angled blush brushes and I don't find myself reaching for this one very often. It is a very soft brush I'll give it that. Not disappointed that I bought it but would not buy again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Very expensive! but great brush for blushes!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've had this brush for awhile and am continuously astonished at how effectively it deposits just the right amount of color and is nearly foolproof- no massive streaking, blotching, or misplacement which you think would happen because it's not the fluffiest brush. I initially hated how the hairs are more coarse than what I'm used to, but that again is strategic- it picks up color extremely well, and is especially useful if you are going for very subtle contour, ie very light peach and nude shades, and again with the smaller diameter of the brush it's much easier to get on the sides of the nose etc for contouring. This brush really is a wonderful tool in my kit.

This brush is fantastic and has now become my HG blush brush. I was suckered into swapping for this brush because of all of the great reviews. I admit, when I first received the brush I was kind of disappointed... It didn't seem like anything special, to be honest. I thought it was just another hyped-up product and I just tucked it away in my brush belt, without any thought of it ever being used. Then one day when I was applying makeup, I forgot to wash my other blush/powder brushes and decided to just use this one real quick to brush on my highlighter. It worked wonderful, so then I tried it again with my blush - and PERFECT! It picked up just the right amount of product and made my blush look so, so natural. Now, this is the only brush I use to apply my blushes and highlighters. I'd *highly* recommend this for just about anyone & everyone.

The reason why this gets a 4 stars is because the bristles aren't the softest. It definitely feels like animal hair. I know it's goat hair, but I mean it *feels* like it's goat (I've tried other animal hair brushes that didn't *feel* like animal hair before, soo..). The other thing is that this thing sheds a hair here and there. I usually only have shedding problems with animal hair, so I guess that's nothing new (even my 7$ synthetic hair brush never shed on me!). Still, I would've hoped that a brush this expensive wouldn't shed & would be just a bit softer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite brushes. I ordered this specially from the US as even with paying postage to Australia through myus.com it was cheaper than buying from the ripoff merchants mecca cosmetica. I love this brush for contouing there is no other like it. It makes building colour fool proof and follows the natural contours of the face! Much prefer it to mac's angled contour brush, wish I had 5 of these!

Popular Makeup Brushes