DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

on 12/30/2010 2:08:00 PM

Ow!!! Maybe I'm a baby, but this one really hurts my poor lips (which are basically in a perpetual state of chapped dryness). Plus it makes my lips so pigmented (due to the stinging and burning), which I do not like. Its plumping powers are not much IMO. I really haven't found a plumper I've liked, except for MAC plushglasses, which really don't do much for plumping.. They're just nice colors and textures. If you don't mind the lip irritation and you're okay with only a subtle increase of plumpness, this could definitely work.

on 12/22/2010 2:33:00 PM

Best for: Vamping up bare lips (esp. for a sexy lingerie session in the bedroom).

Not for: Sensitive or allergy-prone skin; Layering over lipstick or other lip products.

on 12/19/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

plumps nicely.

on 12/13/2010 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

you can get the same effect by rubbing your lips with hot peppers or tiger balm! immediate burn caused me to start rubbing it off like crazy. the burn didn't go away easily so i panicky rubbed balm onto my lips and wiped it off. try tiger balm! it is cheaper but will do the same or better. hey, it has menthol to cool down the lips!

on 11/30/2010 4:40:00 PM

I tried this product at Sephora and I remember as soon as I put this on, I felt a little tingle which turned into monstrous burn and tingle in a few seconds.

It was to the point where I started rubbing it off frantically cuz of the pain.

The end result was it plumped up my lips unevenly which was hillarious and my lips turned bright pink due to the irritation it caused. So it did make my lips look like I had some weird allergy or was bitten by a bee. dont know if thats good or bad.

on 11/14/2010 10:33:00 PM

Burns......that's it.

on 10/20/2010 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Ok, if you are looking to get Angelina Jolie lips, then this is not for you. In fact, I cannot think of a lip plumper I've tried (I own/have owned nearly 30) that will do that. So please don't think this will magically dramatize the size of your lips. Now that I am done being blunt, this product does enhance your lips. It has a tingly stinging feeling when applied, however when you apply to dry lips it burns slightly, but it's not painful. I love how flushed my lips look and yes they do appear a little fuller, especially in the center. The only downside to this gloss is that it is drying because of the cinnamon, so you have to reapply often or at least put some kind of moisturizing balm on in between applications. I've used a couple tubes already and I really like it for going out because it gives me a really natural color and a swell to my lips; it looks sexy!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried nearly all the lip-plumpers on the market, and while this did plump my lips up quite a bit it also irritated them and turned them a dark shade of red.

I found that because it irritated and dried my lips out I became tempted to reapply it very often, and the tiny tube (nowhere near enough product for the price) ran out in a couple of weeks!

I wouldn't recommend this as value for money, considering that Sephora has such a wide variety of other lip-plumpers available.

on 8/31/2010 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I am a lip gloss addict and this is my favorite hands down! love the scent the bee sting feeling ...everything...good for a shiny base also!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love lip venom but find I can't use it too often- If i use it for more than a few days in a row, I will break out around my lips a little. The taste and smell is great and it does plump up your lips a bit. The tingling doesn't bother me and I think the slightly tinted gloss is a great natural look, and you can dress it up or down. The packaging is cute, if the product is a bit small. It does last a long time. Save the cardboard tube if you can though- mine always ends up lost, then little gross grains of sand from my purse collect around the cap of the gloss and I am constantly cleaning it. I wish it was available in more store since I don't have a sephora near me.

Popular Lip Glosses