Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I hate this stuff.. Yeah it's smooth and all when you first apply it, but when you put the foundation or concealer on, it's just like "UGH!!!" I feel like wearing this weird powder/ rubbery thing on my face! I do not recommend using this as a primer. It's meant for intimate care so please just use it for that...

on 5/18/2013 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product after reading online that this is exactly SmashBox Photo Finish Primer, but with a different name and price tag. Very different price tag (Smashbox's retails at $36 at Sephora).
Sure, I was hesitant. Rubbing chafing-relief powder gel on my face just like that didn't sound as appealing as using a makeup primer, but the price was well worth the try.
Well, I'm here to tell you- it works! It's exactly the same, it's absolutely amazing, and yes- I know that's not what the product is meant for, but it does a fine job priming my face for makeup, so heck if I care :)

on 5/17/2013 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for two years+ Trying many primers in between.. Still trying new primers, but always go back to this! Wish it would smooth my pores out a little bit more, but for the price u really can't complain too much:)

on 4/29/2013 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my holy grail primer. It works like a dream. All I need is about a pea sized dot and I spread it all over my face evenly. Don't take too much, however, because you'll end up with a slick face. It works great to smooth out my skin, keep my oily skin matte, plus you get a ton of product for around $9 at CVS. It's great. :D I definitely recommend this, as there are no harsh chemicals and no fragrances that could break you out. I promise, once you buy this, you will fall in love and never go back to anything else!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Cheap alternative for a primer. Fills in pores and it's a gel to powder formula, and it makes such a smooth base for your foundation. I'd even just wear this under powder! I will definitely repurchase :)
PS there's a coupon on the monistat website for $2 off so it's even more affordable.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really wanted this to work as my face primer but it broke me out terribly :c But I must say it did give my make up good results, my foundation went on so so smooth, it made it last even longer, my face felt smooth and matte. The only downfall was the breakouts ughhh they hurt so bad and it took me a long time to get rid of them and when I did they left dark spots now I have even more hyper-pigmentation. So disappointed.

on 4/19/2013 12:24:00 AM

I have been using this for nearly 2 years and don't know what I would do without this product as my primer! It makes my foundation glide on so smoothly on my skin and also really helps with staying power. My foundation doesn't wear or look as good without it. I've tried the other primers like benefit porefessional, but I feel like this is way better then the other HE primers.

on 4/19/2013 12:02:00 AM

I am so glad that I tried this gel. My makeup lasts all day and my nose and forehead are oil free. I was worried about having a reaction since my skin is extremely sensitive, but after using it three times a week for two months I haven't had even the slightest burn or blemish.
I'll definitely be going back to Wal-Mart for another tube (or two).

on 4/7/2013 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

An affordable alternative for daily use. BUT this is only effective if I use powder foundation - I use Clinique's Superbalanced Powder Makeup. I just have to make sure that my skin is properly moisturized, as this combo is so unforgiving to dry patches on the skin.

I tried this with my Diorskin Forever and Nude foundations applied using a Beauty Blender, and the results were horrible. It formed weird clumps in the smoother parts of my skin, something that I've never seen when I use Guerlain's Meteorites Pearles primer.

on 4/4/2013 2:01:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this product but after a couple days of testing it, I kept on getting the same result: OIL SLICKED CHEEKS. I already had oily skin, so this just made it worse.