Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 7/6/2013 9:02:00 AM

I read about this product while researching primers. I did have to buy it off eBay as its not sold here in Australia but its wonderful! My makeup stays on all day with no t-zone shine and my face looks so airbrushed. No going back to the over priced actual primers now! I prefer it to Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer which is around $55-60 here, can't beat paying $10 (including postage) for this little wonder

on 7/2/2013 12:54:00 PM

I cant really tell if this product does anything to my face, other than that, it does make my face really INCREDIBLY soft and smooth! Overall rating is 2. It doesnt get rid of my oil, it doesnt fill in pores, and it smells and feels really funky.

on 6/20/2013 3:54:00 AM

I have been using this product ever since it came out for it's primary use of chafing/galding. Being a large woman, I use this product for chafing in the groin, under breasts and so on. It goes on like a cream, but feels like a powder and lasts all day! No more powder messes in the bedroom or bathroom!

Later I heard about the primers and how they were talking about using MY product as a primer. So I tried it! And it works great! Gives my skin an airbrushed look and keeps my makeup from "collecting in the canyons".

I actually purchase this by the case from drugstore.com as I got tired of going to Wal-Mart and my product not being there.

Lanacane makes a similar product, but it does not seem to go onto the skin as smoothly. And it feels more tacky than Monistat.

on 6/19/2013 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Good for intended purpose (I'm a runner and use it to prevent thigh chafing) and as primer under and over makeup for oil control. I used this under my wedding makeup.

on 6/13/2013 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for 9 months and I have to say I loooove this stuff!!! I have oily skin and nothing seemed to keep my makeup lasting for so long. I used to moisturize my face before putting this on --mistake-- since my skin is oily I don't need to do so.

I just put a little amount on my face and then my bb cream or foundation or whatever it is that I'll be using.

The packaging is good, for 7 dollars I don't really care how it looks like.

Definitely going to repurchase and highly recommended!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I never bought primers because of the price. $35? No thank you. I don't wear a full face regularly enough to go around trying different brands, either. Any time I used something, it was from a friend's vanity.
But then, I was researching primers. I know so little about makeup, and I heard about using this. I could pay $5 for something.
And God said "It is good"
If I do put on make up, I put this on first. Always. I like the liquid to powder feel. I don't think it feels rubber at all. It has zero smell. It's practically perfect in every way.

on 5/23/2013 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

1.5oz of primer for $6-8? SOLD! Ok, I was skeptical to try this, but I'm really really pleased with the results. Foundation lasts longer, esp on and around my nose and my cheeks (my breakout area :S) -- which I appreciate!

I use this under MUFE HD Foundation stippled on with a flat top brush.

A little goes a long way -- I've heard that if you use to much it balls up when you go to apply your foundation, so use a light hand.

Probably not the way to go if silicones or cyclops break you out.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I hate this stuff.. Yeah it's smooth and all when you first apply it, but when you put the foundation or concealer on, it's just like "UGH!!!" I feel like wearing this weird powder/ rubbery thing on my face! I do not recommend using this as a primer. It's meant for intimate care so please just use it for that...

on 5/18/2013 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product after reading online that this is exactly SmashBox Photo Finish Primer, but with a different name and price tag. Very different price tag (Smashbox's retails at $36 at Sephora).
Sure, I was hesitant. Rubbing chafing-relief powder gel on my face just like that didn't sound as appealing as using a makeup primer, but the price was well worth the try.
Well, I'm here to tell you- it works! It's exactly the same, it's absolutely amazing, and yes- I know that's not what the product is meant for, but it does a fine job priming my face for makeup, so heck if I care :)

on 5/17/2013 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for two years+ Trying many primers in between.. Still trying new primers, but always go back to this! Wish it would smooth my pores out a little bit more, but for the price u really can't complain too much:)