L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

on 5/18/2013 6:38:00 PM

For more than 4 years I've used only Effet Faux Cils by YSL or Channel's Inimitable (mostly this one), thinking that things can't get better than this. Instead of replacing my Inimitable a week ago,I tried Telescopic instead. And realized what a fool I had been all this time.Telesopic is unimaginably better than faux cils/inimitable. And might I add-at a fair price. I've always felt guilty for spending more than 20 pounds on a mascara that lasts 3 weeks. I could buy a book or something more valuable. Anyway,I won't go into ethical considerations.
Bottom line is-Telescopic is amazing. L'Oreal has done a great job.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Amazing product! really works the magic. It sticks to it's promises and I could not find one flaw in this product except for maybe that it doesn't exactly thicken out the lashes but then again it is a lengthening mascara so when used with a definition mascara, the results are fab.

It's super dark and totally not clumpy and it really, really, really lengthens out your lashes even if you have the shortest lashes in the world, your eyelashes would be touching your eyebrows after using about 3 coats of this mascara. It's an excellent brand and I'll 100% repurchase this item. Really good bargain; worth every single cent! :)

on 5/6/2013 10:59:00 AM

This really does a fantastic job of making my lashes appear longer; I've tried a good few mascaras and this wins hands down. I was amazed! It holds a curl well and intensely darkens my lashes. I found the small flexible brush really easy to use in applying the mascara; it really 'grabbed' all my lashes. As long as I wipe a little of the excess mascara off the wand prior to application and then comb through my lashes afterwards, I get well-separated, clump-free lashes. This mascara doesn't do much for me in terms of volume, but in any case it's marketed as a lengthening mascara.

For me, the only negative is it often smudges a little after a few hours' wear, but I can put up with that as it's otherwise excellent.

on 4/29/2013 1:59:00 AM

This was pretty clumpy which really bugged me. It really does emphasize your long lashes. This was really flakey for me which was a problem I couldn't deal with as well.

The brush is definitely different but I didn't mind it the slightest bit. I will not be using again because of the unstoppable flaking.

on 4/29/2013 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

IN LOVE WITH THIS MASCARA! I've been using this mascara for years now. Previously I used LancĂ´me Definicils in black and love love loved it. However at $22 a pop I just couldn't justify it. L'Oreal Telescopic in Carbon Black is almost identical to it. And it's half the price. You can find it on sale for buy one get one 50% off PLUS use coupons and BOOM it becomes an inexpensive mascara. It does a superb job of lengthening and separating - but it does not give a great thickening affect. It doesn't get clumpy and I typically apply two coats. And it's very black which is great!

on 4/25/2013 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love everything about this! It is really black, which I love in a mascara, it really does lengthen very, very significantly, and it separates very well. I did notice that it is not ideal for using to touch up throughout the day, or if you didn't properly remove the previous day's mascara, then you will see really bad clumping. Since lashes stay dark and long all day, I found it much more effective to just give them a quick curl with an eyelash curler to get back their shape, since that is all that changes. I have worn this for 18 straight on several occasions and it keeps the colour and length all day!

on 4/20/2013 8:59:00 PM

This is seriously THE BEST MASCARA EVER! HOLY GRAIL HANDS DOWN! This makes my long lashes 10 times longer! I always get compliments on my lashes thanks to this product! Would definitely recommend this to anyone! If your looking to lengthen then this is the mascara for you :)

on 4/19/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

MY HOLY GRAIL MASCARA!
Ive always used and loved the Sephora atomic black mascara but sadly it got discontinued. So I tried tons of mascaras to find the one tha I like.
I tried so many, and this telescopic carbon black is the bestttt.
I no longer search for mascaras now. This is it.
I have thin and straight lashes, and they are pretty long. I look for a mascara that cam hold my curl and give me volume.
This mascara holds my curl very well and builds up to a nice volume.
I like the brush because it gets every lash.
I apply 3 coats of this mascara and let dry for a bit (not too dry) then I hold the curl with my fingers to kind of mold it in a curl that I want. And it stays in that curl all day!
The only thing I dont like is how it gets all over my lids when I apply. Its annoying to have to wipe away with q-tip every morning when im in a hurry.
Despite that, I love the look it gives me

on 4/17/2013 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG mascara!! Mind you I have very long naturally curled lashes so many masalas I try always work but this one is a dream for lengthening and separating! I usually pair it up with L'oreal Telescopic in the Gold tube and that one gives it more volume and your lashes just look fantastic. I have reccomended this product to all my friends and they all love it just as much as I do so it is defenitely reccomended in my books. It can be a bit pricey... I usually pay about $10 for it but to me it's 100% worth it because most drugstore mascara I buy don't give me the effect that this one does!

on 4/13/2013 1:58:00 AM

You hear a lot about this mascara clumping and/or creating a spidery effect. Both of which are true bases on how you apply your makeup. If you rush through it - don't use this mascara. If you can take 3 min per eye then this is DEFINITELY A GREAT MASCARA FOR YOU! It creates a sleek, dark, lengthened look. If applied correctly, it can look like you're not wearing mascara at all for ppl with dark hair. It doesn't smudge off alllll day yet comes off easily with makeup remover!! It's expensive but worth it for those ppl who want beautiful dark long clean lookin lashes all day! When applying, clumping will occur if you rush it or wait to long in between coats. Nice even coats right after each other should do the trick! It doesn't make you look like you have more lashes - but that's what eyeliner is for!! It's pricey but way cheaper than high end brands like Chanel and created a very beautiful elegant look!