Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

on 12/17/2008 12:37:00 PM

I really love Obsession... so warm and comforting.
4 as it's not an HG of mine

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Yes, Obsession is amber-tonka-bean-cinnamon-onslaught: not for the meek. It was created in the '80s, the era of Big Hair, Big Shoulder Pads, and Big Scent. However, like many frags from that era, Obsession is unique. You'll never mistake it for anything else. And I like it for that reason, but also because I think it smells delicious. Warm, spicy-sweet, vanillic, musky, sandalwoody and hauntingly sexual. It's like turning yourself into a fine pastry, just waiting for someone to consume you.

I took off 1 lippie because this is only a cold-weather scent for me. Even there, I use *either* the body lotion or a tiny squirt of the EDP, not both. And I don't shy away from creating sillage, it's just that it's so easy to overdo this one. If you overdo it, the multilayered, tantalizing, haunting effect disappears, to be replaced by a request that you leave the room immediately. But there will always be a place in my fragrance wardrobe for this one. It's a classic.

on 10/13/2008 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been wanting this perfume since I was a pre-teen and finally bought it yesterday during a shopping spree. I was hoping I could find something lighter and floral-y, but I just am a spicy/oriental/ perfume kind of girl. It smells warm and spicy, with a hint of amber. It has kind of an "aged" smell, in which I mean that I can tell it was invented in the 80s, but that is kind of something I like about this perfume. It's comforting.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Obsession is my all time favorite perume. When I wear it I feel confident and sexy. It is such a bummer that a lot of people don't like it because they have been exposed to a woman who has bathed in it. When tastefully applied, Obsession is the sexiest thing I have ever smelled. I am out of it right now, but I am really wanting to get some more, I am just hesitant because I keep wondering if there is something better out there. I haven't found anything to replace it yet, though, so I may just go out and buy another bottle.

on 10/9/2008 2:27:00 PM

I have just got into Obsession and I love it. I usually go for the fresh, lighter scents but I just adore this scent, which is warmer and more "mature" than my other perfumes. It has great woody notes, great for wearing in the winter, and there is something very sexy about it. I like that it is not overly feminine, and the smell "stays" without being overpowering. The only downside I can think of is the unattractive bottle.

on 9/30/2008 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Obsession is a classic spicy concoction that includes orange
blossom, vanilla and amber, with a hint of a
medicinal note at times, and almost masculine. I've been undecided
on Obession for many years, and can't quite bring myself to wear it.
I keep trying it every so often though. 24 Faubourg has similar
notes but is more refined, Obsession more casual and sporty.
JPG Classique also has these key notes.

on 9/30/2008 8:12:00 PM

A couple of weeks or so ago, a friend sent me her Obsession mini that came in a set of Calvin Klein mini's, and I've been in love with Obsession ever since. It is a sweet warm ambery oriental, with orangey/citrussy top notes that dry down into vanillic musky ambery warmth. It's not gourmand or desserty. Just gorgeous. And it's a friendly amber, too, not difficult at all to wear, no weird notes. This one is a gem that is now overlooked and underrated due to overuse in its time, and people just being over it. I understand about not being able to go back and wear fragrances from one's past, but I didn't wear this in the 80's. So more for me! :-)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a very sexy scent, not for everyday wear, at least not for me. I'll pull this out for dates or any evening event, it's quite powerful and sometimes bothers my sensitive sinus, so when I do use it, very little is all I need.

on 9/26/2008 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a classic fragrance and for good reason. Very sensual, very sexy, but not over powering or offensive. Develops into a smooth rich warm woody scent.

on 9/20/2008 7:15:00 AM

I never liked this scent, and then my mother got it for me for Christmas... A little definitely goes a long way, it is rich and definitely not for sensitive noses. It sort of makes a statement, its quite bold. I definitely like it and will definitely keep wearing!

Popular Fragrances