November 22, 2014 | 2069 users online

Bath Treatments - Epsom Salt Bath

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by MadeasRage

This stuff is awesome. Seriously. For minor pain, it can't be beat. Menstrual pain, especially. A big bag can be had for a few dollars. It's cheaper than missing out on things because you don't feel good, right?

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by solsticecusp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

epsom salts used in combination with irish spring bar soap and exfoliating mitts called italy towels are a very effective exfoiliant. you will actually see dead skin sloughing off like eraser rubbings.

first, soak in a hot bath with at least 1 c of epsom salts for 15 min to loosen up the dead skin.

then, work the irish spring into a lather with a body puff, loofah, or washcloth and soap up.

rub handfuls of epsom salts into the lather on your body until the salts dissolve

scrub through the salted lather with the italy towel. you should see things that look like light green eraser rubbings on your skin. keep scrubbing until the rubbings are differently colored - depending on individual skin and environments the rubbings could be anywhere from white to dark grey. (when i was a kid my knees were always grey) this is dead skin coming off! the stuff that makes for "ashiness" and ring around the collar.

after you are done scrubbing, rinse off all the rubbings and marvel at how smooth your skin feels and how dirty your tub looks now covered with clumps of your dead skin. but you look great! you may even have lost a pound sweating out toxins, getting rid of dead cells, and giving your skin a vigorous, cellulite busting massage, bringing fresh blood to your fresh new skin.

protect your new skin by moisturizing with oil and enjoy how amazing your skin feels

26 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by JennyValdis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There is a reason why this old-fashioned remedy has been used for generations by most of our parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents... BECAUSE it has many uses and it WORKS!!!

I was skeptical at first, but I bought a huge package of it for dirt-cheap at the local grocery store and used it on my feet as an exfoilator.

My feet are often sore, dry, and cracked from both the cold climate that I live in and from being on my feet constantly. I had severely cracked heels, but after rubbing my feet with the salts mixed with a little bit of lemon oil (any oil will do), they instantly felt smoother. So I started using the salts for my feet everyday, and by the 4th or 5th day, there was not a single crack or flake on my feet! No more expensive spa feet treatments!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ShelovesDetroit

I have been using Epson Salt for years. Had surgery on my feet 2 years ago and having been using the salt for my weekly pedicures. I mix the water and salt with Aveda Exfoliant is in the large green bottle and it works wonders on removing dead skin and soothing my feet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 6:15:00 AM More reviews by PaleBrunette

Epsom Salts are inexpensive and a great way to sedate your body after a long day. I just throw a handful into a warm bath and soak. It draws toxins out of your body and relaxes muscles.
I like to use it as an exfoliator when mixed with almond oil or body wash.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My whole family uses this to bathe with and I often buy the scented kind at Walmart. Recently, my son had a really bad infection near his toenail bed. The toe was swollen, painful, oozing, and looked awful. Antibiotic cream and a Bandaid alone weren't making it go away and I was ready to take him to the doctor to have it looked at. In a last ditch effort to avoid an office visit I had him soak his foot in 2 cups of Epsom salts (the kind from the drugstore) in a gallon of hot water twice daily for about 45 minutes each time. I saw noticeable improvement in the infection within a day. During the day he kept it covered and used some antibiotic cream on it. After about two days it was doing much better and within a week was completely healed. Perhaps it would have gone away by itself but I believe the salt soak made a difference. There is a reason it has been around forever and I keep a box around all the time now.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 8:39:00 AM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

* hem * It may sound a bit gross, but a nurse told me to use this when I had a yeast infection or a UTI. Soaking in it really took the itchiness/pain away. It works wonders in providing fast relief! It acts faster than the cream/pill even.

47 out of 48 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am obsessed with Epsom salts! It makes for the best bath ever..I add 2 cups into a hot bath and about 2 tablespoons body oil (i like Burt's Bees) and my skin feels awesome afterwards. Not only does it do wonders for skin but my body feels wonderful! It's like taking a sleeping pill! I do this once a week and it's great end of the week treat!! The price can't be beat either..try this!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by vanrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THE BEST BATH for soothing sore joints and muscles?

2 cups epsom salts
1 or 2 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar

pour into a warm/hot bath.

you can also rub oil or lotion into skin before hand.

the apple cider vinegar is great for itchy skin - it's good for fighting bacterial and fungal infections of the skin.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

HEY PEOPLE!!

if u think its goood for bath

Its Even Greater for ur face...as an exfoliant and or wash..

it clears up acne and makes ur face more brighter
and less oily

this is brilliant....so cheap...such a difference.