October 21, 2014 | 1742 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2011 4:26:00 AM More reviews by pinkfragola

I have no idea why this product has received so many raves. Depending on the MUA reviews, I purchased this product. I am 32 years old, I have fair-medium skin tone with some red acne scars, and enlarged pores around nose, and some crow's feet. I see no difference between this product (no matter what it has in it) to any other toner with alcohol. It has nothing to do with exfoliation. The package quality is very poor. Big dissapointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have oily, blemish-prone skin; my skin is sensitive to fragrances and preservatives, but not to chemical exfoliants. I don't have wrinkles, yet, so using this product is more to keep my pores clear, my skin tone even, and help prevent wrinkles. After a lot of research and review-reading, I decided to give this peel a try. I liked that it had high concentrations of the good, exfoliating acids, and that it targets fine lines, enlarged pores, and uneven skin. The directions say to leave it on from 60 seconds to 3 minutes. Since at-home chemical peels are nothing new to me, I knew my skin could handle the ingredients so I opted to start off with the 3 minutes every other day, at night (follow the directions on the packaging if your skin is sensitive). I got this peel and my Clarisonic Mia on the same day so I started using both right away. After three days, my skin had some mild flakiness; I don't know if that was from the Clarisonic, the Unwrinkle Peel, or the combination of the products, but the flakiness was gone after a week. But even in that short amount of time I noticed a huge difference in my skin. I had used Biore pore strips on my nose, chin, and forehead the day after getting Unwrinkle and my Clarisonic, and after a week of using the two products, my pores were still clear and they were smaller! I was shocked! Normally I have to use Biore strips weekly to keep my pores clear and they are always visible, but using these two products has changed my skin! I went five weeks before using Biore strips on my face again. Not only was the number of blackheads on the strips fewer (about 75% of what there used to be), the blackheads were smaller (thinner and shorter with fewer dark, black tips). I use the peel every other night (using it every night can dry my skin a little) and I usually leave it on longer than the 3 minutes, sometimes 5 or 6 minutes, but that's because I'm not paying attention to the time. I always know that it's time to rinse it off when my face starts to feel really warm and tingly (I don't recommend to start off using the peel this way, but if you find that your skin is very tolerant of the formula, you could try it once to see). After rinsing, I follow with my usually nighttime blemish treatment (Murad Exfoliating Acne Gel) and whichever nighttime moisturizer I'm trying at the moment (I haven't found one I love, yet). In addition to keeping my pores clear and small (along with the Clarisonic), this peel had made my skin smoother to the touch, feeling firmer, I have fewer breakouts (and when I do, they heal much quicker than they used to), and the uneven color of my skin (due to blemishes) has neutralized. This peel delivers on its promises, but I truly believe that using the Clarisonic along with it has increased the peel's effectiveness. Like other reviews suggested, I cut the pads in half and found that half the circle covers my face, neck and chest quite well, and often there is enough solution still on the pad to run it over the backs of my hands too. So a jar of 60 pads will last me 120 uses; at $45 a jar, that's about 38 cents per application (rounding up), not too bad. I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love these! I use them about 4-8x a week (sometimes 2x a day). They unclog pores and make my skin glow :) Idk what that person below was talking about making her eyes look older.. I don't think you;re supposed to put these near you eyes! lol I got mine off ebay for around $30 for the full size

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by babythequeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Since I began using these peel pads 2 months ago, I have noticed a great improvement in my skin's texture, brightness and overall appearance. It tingles slightly when you apply it, but is not overly irritating. I have also noticed a reduction in breakouts since beginning this in combination with the Peter Thomas Roth mega rich cellular cream. Overall this is a great product. I recommend cutting the pads in half, as these are a bit pricy. Highly recommended product to add to skin care regime.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by pandorax

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These things are awesome. They really help keep skin clear on face AND body. And this is what I do - I use one full pad on my face, chest and back after I shower every morning. I rinse off of my face but I don't rinse it off of my body, I just leave it. It doesn't irritate my skin at all, and I haven't had any body breakouts since using it! I also use retin-A on my face at night (I guess my skin is pretty tough) and this is the clearest my skin has been ever. Which is amazing and wonderful. I've been trying to find something that works for a while now and this is working great. As for anti-aging properties, I'm not sure if it is helping with that or not, but the fact that it is helping keep my skin clear is good enough for me. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by EffieH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay -- I really wanted to love these pads based on all the glowing (pun intended) reviews here. My skin is not at all sensitive, although I do have rosacea I can use facial scrubs and glycolic acids with no problems, but these pads caused my rosacea to flare up every time I used them. But, to be honest, since my skin is not sensitive, I did use them for more like 30 to 45 minutes at a time since I had no burning or stinging, figuring more must be better, right? So, I'm going to give them another try, washing it off at three to five minutes, and using it just a few times a week, and I'll report back with an updated review and more lippies if it works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ahryb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wondeful! I will most definitely buy this product again, they really work on my skin which is 37 years old but still prone to breakouts. I'm also concerned about the signs of aging --dullness, drier skin, discoloration and the start of fine lines, etc. I know "peels/acids" help with both acne and aging so I love them. My skin is not as oily/combo as it used to be when I was younger but it's not dry and it's pretty tough without many fine lines yet (used SPF since I've been 28). Please note that I am very accustomed to glycolic acid because I've used it for close to 10 years now--I've tried a lot.......Dr. Varon peel (my 1st try with a "peel" from Ulta for $20..... love it, but it's harder to find now), proactiv toner, Dr Denese facial pads, MD Skincare Beta Peel Pads, C Booth 10% toner, Proactiv peel wipes, Alpha Hydroxy. While they are all good and definitely help my skin, I was looking for something stronger that was still over the counter and wouldn't leave my face red, dry, scaly, etc, because I can't afford to take time off of work. I think even at 20% these are VERY gentle but quite effective. I have been using one pad every night before my shower ( I tend to wash my makeup off 1st) and I generally leave it on for up to 2 hours because I don't always make it to the shower right away ( I don't recommend leaving them on this long for everyone, but they just don't irritate my skin at all). You simply rinse and onto your next skin care steps (I use my Pro-X cleaning tool and retin A at night as well). The pads leave your complexion brighter and more "glowy" and smooth. I think they definitely help with breakout and dullness, but I can't say they *completely* get rid of acne and fine lines either (I've only used for a week or so, but you can't expect absolute miracles). the downside is the definitely the retail cost ($45 + tax for 60 pads)..... and the instructions say to use even twice a day! I bought mine on Ebay 60 pads for $28.50 total, and I only use once a day or every other day. I wish I could get this on auto delivery for like $20 lol. The other thing I don't understand is why put all the extra ingredients in and charge us for it, when you are supposed to rinse it off in 1-3 minutes! Usually quick peels keep it simple and make it all about the acids which is what do the exfoliation, or the extra "good" ingredients are meant to sit on your face most of the day like with the Denese and MD pads that don't get rinsed. I do think the pads are decently large and wet (equivalent to a Stridex pad) but I still use one pad because I don't think 1/2 pad is quite enough for me personally. As an experiment, I started using the remainder of the pad on my husband's face (he's 3 years younger but acne prone with larger pores and trouble with ingrown hairs) and he said it stung/burned him a bit upon application. But, after just a couple times, I've noticed his face looked smoother, more refined and "glowy" too! So, I would definitely recommend to men, teens, etc! I would say to start slow like the instructions say....and let your skin tell you (it will tell you if it's too much by redness, stinging, burning,etc. so always pay attention to what your skin tells you!). I'm sure people with dry and sensitive skin could have some side effects, so use with care. If there was one complaint besides the cost, I actually wish PTR would come out with this product in yet a slightly stronger strength as well for people who are used to stronger products. And remember, if you are concerned with the signs of aging like I am, keep in mind that aging is inevitable and natural but the best effort is avoiding the sun, SPF, and taking care of yourself by not smoking, etc.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

Love 'em, definitely will be a staple. I got a box of this a few months ago because even testing one at one point at sephora my skin was glowing when i got home, so I bought a box. The MD skincare version almost made me glow but broke me out in cystic acne on my neck and jaw, yuck. But these never broke me out once. I do find them to give only temporary results but that is fine. It's great for those times when you want to have great skin, just start 4 days before, and enjoy every day of more glowing, tight, youthful good-looking skin. : ). I too use 1/2 a pad per application, which makes them about 40 cents per pad! wow, that is a great price. : ). As soon as these run out I will buy another box.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by meljanbil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm very skeptical about any product that alludes to the promise of eliminating wrinkles. When they do work, it's only temporary, and rarely is it truly effective. I was convinced to try this product due to the high % of AHA's. % wise it is close to the quality of products used by professionals. It's my guess that the type of AHA's aren't as strong, but the evidence is in the results.

The first time I used these pads, (on my face and hands) I left it on for 3 minutes. After neutralizing with water I had quite a bit of stinging on my hands of all places. I have moderate Rosacea (under control medically) and fairly sensitive skin, but I had no burning on my face. Looking in the mirror I saw my usual self, no big improvements. Knowing it would take repeated uses, I committed myself to 1 week. Well I'm really glad I have. Now after 2 weeks of using this I am seeing dramatic improvements to my skin.

The expression lines on my forehead are fading! In fact they are completely gone in the middle. Yes, I said completely gone. Even botox didn't do that. My skin texture is as soft as my baby's. My age spots may or may not be fading, but the most dramatic difference has been in my hands. They are smoother and the fine lines that were starting to settle in are no longer noticeable. As a nurse who is constantly washing my hands, they are always dry. Not any longer, they suck up lotion and lock it in, without a crack in sight. After the first use they no longer sting when I apply the pads.

I cut the pads in 1/2 and use on my face and back of hands. I leave on for 5 minutes before neutralizing. This is the first skincare product I have purchased, rx or OTC that has truly delivered on it's promise. I will be purchasing over and over.

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 5:58:00 AM More reviews by dianri18

Awesome product! I am 19 yo. (I know, too young to use this) Previously, I have been using MUA peels to get rid of the unsightly marks left by acnes, only to cause more acne and redness. Fortunately, this particular PTR product cleared up my skin like nothing else. It has been a week with every other day use, my skin is completely flawless!!! sometimes I cannot believe my eyes either. I tried the max version prior to swapping it for this as the max one did not provide any satisfying results.
Gave some to Mom to try. She loves it too. Gave us soft, glowing skin and her wrinkles and lines are gone.
If you are contemplating on whether or not you should buy it, go ahead! If you buy from KIT, you can always exchange/refund if you are not happy ^^