Bourjois Volume Clubbing

3.2

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

So the first thing I've got to say is that when you pull the brush out of the tube, you will be afraid - VERY afraid. It's a monster of a brush and not only that, there is So Much Product on it as well. However, I believe I have mastered the scary brush - enough to find myself wearing this stuff to work every day!

Here's what I do: I scrape the brush along the inside rim at the opening of the tube as much as possible when pulling it out. Once I've done this, I then look for the long bristles on the brush and apply using those. You only need one or two passes across your lashes to get a beautiful, dramatic result. Provided you haven't allowed the brush to get too overloaded, you will avoid the dreaded "3 eyelash" look. I do keep an old clean mascara brush on hand for the odd time when I get some clumping and I'd definitely advise those new to this mascara to do the same. This might all sound like a lot of effort but the results really are incredible. You get:
--big va-va-voom lashes
--good curl holding power
--no flaking or smudging.

The formula is "wet" but dries quite quickly and once it dries it is fairly moisture resistant (hence it being perfect for going "clubbing" with). You will need a good oil-based makeup remover to get this stuff off. I oil my fingers up with mineral oil and just gently rub my lashes before cleansing.

To summarize, this is a mascara that is not for the faint-hearted but with a little practice and perseverance, you will be rewarded. One lippie off for the ridiculous overload of product on the brush - perhaps Bourjois should make the tube opening narrower. But aside from that, this is LOVE.

I bought this as I had been using Dior Iconic and wanted to try a cheaper alternative. I have to apply this with a very light hand else it causes clumping. This looks very fake but not in a good way - makes lashes look very dry, brittle and straight. On the plus side it doesn't flake or irritate me when I'm wearing contact lenses. Wouldn't repuchase.

I first bought this cuz it was recommended by a makeup artist whose tutorials I love watching. It's really not that bad but there is something, like many other people, that I have discovered about it. You have to put a nice everyday mascara on first. Note: if your after natural looking lashes, then skip this product all together. But, if you put on any kind of mascara first and then the Volume Clubbing as a top coat, it really separates the lashes nicely and adds major volume. I would probably only buy it again though if I had some extra spending money.

This is a strange rating for me, but here is why! The mascara is good for what it is intended. Going out. Clubbing. It doesn't run or flake. It makes HUGE lashes. BUT.. The mascara itself goes on kind of gloppy. It makes your eyelashes big but not necessarily beautiful. You definitely need to separate the lashes after application, and don't expect a second coat to make it look better. After a second coat it really looks like you have three HUGE lashes. It drys so quick that separating lashes in a pain. BUT if it is a night out and you spend time applying it neatly it can be great. Another downside however is that the bottle is rather small and runs out incredibly fast. Would buy again for special occasions, though.

Whew, this stuff is intense. My lashes lose their curl quite easily, so this on its own is a no-go for me.

So, here's what I do.

A coat of Maybelline Volum' Express Waterproof on the top lashes.

Then, a coat of Bourjois on the lower lashes, and a quick touch-up on the top.

Amazing, dramatic, long, dark lashes. Bit clumpy, but this is a nighttime look, so I don't really mind! My eyes look huge.

This is a really good mascara. In one stroke it will give the same sweep as a Diorshow Blackout. In comparison I prefer this as it doesn't flake like diorshow.
It's definetly not a day-time mascara for the shy, it is very bulky and as many have said you might want to use a good quality eyelash comb or old brush as the formula has vinyl in it making your lashes just stick together.
I only wear this on a night out because Boujois have stopped doing 'sensible' colours and only do intense blue, intense purple and intense black. Really good false effect. Doesn't hold a curl though.
Price is quite expensive at 12 when you can get Mac Plushlash for 10. This can be quite messy too.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this! I only wish I had it in black. I have the electric blue one and it makes my eyelashes look really big. I love the brush. I would definitely buy this again.

i love this mascara i have a thing about having massive eye lashes and the one i used to use got discontinued and the second i tried this i was hooked !
it gives great volume and fabbb length
the price isnt bad either its about 8 which is nothing compared to some
i would recommend it to everyonee
i use another mascara under it but even with out its gret

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

ICK!! first of all, this mascara made my lashes all clumped together like I had some sort of disease, and although I bought it in brown and in the clearance bin at Sephora, I expected some sort of "club-worthy" product, something that you can count on that says, "look at my gorgeous eyes." despite the fact that the packaging reminded me of the disco, i would not pick this up again if I had the chance. other Bourjois products, yes, but Volume Clubbing, no.

This is a decent mascara. Tends to be very gloopy and clumpy so it takes patience to get it right. The brush is odd, gets a lot of product on the wand so you have to be careful. Its a very nice pure black. If applied properly it looks very volumous! But beware, it could look very panda eyes! Will not repurchase but will keep on using this till i run out, i do kinda like it, but you have to take your time when applying!

Popular Mascaras