Bourjois Volume Clubbing

3.2

on 4/5/2009 10:13:00 PM

I first bought this cuz it was recommended by a makeup artist whose tutorials I love watching. It's really not that bad but there is something, like many other people, that I have discovered about it. You have to put a nice everyday mascara on first. Note: if your after natural looking lashes, then skip this product all together. But, if you put on any kind of mascara first and then the Volume Clubbing as a top coat, it really separates the lashes nicely and adds major volume. I would probably only buy it again though if I had some extra spending money.

on 4/3/2009 9:06:00 PM

This is a strange rating for me, but here is why! The mascara is good for what it is intended. Going out. Clubbing. It doesn't run or flake. It makes HUGE lashes. BUT.. The mascara itself goes on kind of gloppy. It makes your eyelashes big but not necessarily beautiful. You definitely need to separate the lashes after application, and don't expect a second coat to make it look better. After a second coat it really looks like you have three HUGE lashes. It drys so quick that separating lashes in a pain. BUT if it is a night out and you spend time applying it neatly it can be great. Another downside however is that the bottle is rather small and runs out incredibly fast. Would buy again for special occasions, though.

on 3/24/2009 2:24:00 PM

Whew, this stuff is intense. My lashes lose their curl quite easily, so this on its own is a no-go for me.

So, here's what I do.

A coat of Maybelline Volum' Express Waterproof on the top lashes.

Then, a coat of Bourjois on the lower lashes, and a quick touch-up on the top.

Amazing, dramatic, long, dark lashes. Bit clumpy, but this is a nighttime look, so I don't really mind! My eyes look huge.

on 3/23/2009 6:42:00 PM

This is a really good mascara. In one stroke it will give the same sweep as a Diorshow Blackout. In comparison I prefer this as it doesn't flake like diorshow.
It's definetly not a day-time mascara for the shy, it is very bulky and as many have said you might want to use a good quality eyelash comb or old brush as the formula has vinyl in it making your lashes just stick together.
I only wear this on a night out because Boujois have stopped doing 'sensible' colours and only do intense blue, intense purple and intense black. Really good false effect. Doesn't hold a curl though.
Price is quite expensive at 12 when you can get Mac Plushlash for 10. This can be quite messy too.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this! I only wish I had it in black. I have the electric blue one and it makes my eyelashes look really big. I love the brush. I would definitely buy this again.

i love this mascara i have a thing about having massive eye lashes and the one i used to use got discontinued and the second i tried this i was hooked !
it gives great volume and fabbb length
the price isnt bad either its about 8 which is nothing compared to some
i would recommend it to everyonee
i use another mascara under it but even with out its gret

on 2/15/2009 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

ICK!! first of all, this mascara made my lashes all clumped together like I had some sort of disease, and although I bought it in brown and in the clearance bin at Sephora, I expected some sort of "club-worthy" product, something that you can count on that says, "look at my gorgeous eyes." despite the fact that the packaging reminded me of the disco, i would not pick this up again if I had the chance. other Bourjois products, yes, but Volume Clubbing, no.

on 2/14/2009 4:40:00 PM

This is a decent mascara. Tends to be very gloopy and clumpy so it takes patience to get it right. The brush is odd, gets a lot of product on the wand so you have to be careful. Its a very nice pure black. If applied properly it looks very volumous! But beware, it could look very panda eyes! Will not repurchase but will keep on using this till i run out, i do kinda like it, but you have to take your time when applying!

on 2/3/2009 12:04:00 PM

what drew me 2 this product was the packaging, it looked very promising! how wrong i was

HATE IT!
made my lashes clumpy as hell and spider looking. had a nightmare tryna take it off as well

and in the bin it went :)

on 1/27/2009 4:41:00 AM

This is the worst mascara ever! It made my lashes clumb together and when I tried to remove it, my lashes fell out or just broke! It might be something for you when you like spidery eyes but for me it's just a waist of money..

Popular Mascaras