November 28, 2014 | 1879 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by SixthSerenade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

great mascara as always from max factor..
the brush is great, thickens and elongates with out being too much
no clumps or flakes, makes your lashes look smooth and even...
no melting down.. stays put but easy to remove with soap and water...
the velvet black shade was lighter than i expected, not as dark as i wanted but still works great.. just a piece of info for my next purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by millyandmo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was always a favorite of mine but I haven't been able to find it at my local Fred Meyer's anymore. They no longer care Max Factor. Can anyone let me know where you purchase yours at? Much appreciated. :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

Picked this up after using up my usual false lash effect fusion. I saw the average rating of 4 out of 5 on here so thought it'd be worth a try. Plus at superdrug you get a free mini max effect polish with any mascara purchase! I like this, found the bristle brush hard to use at first being used to rubber wands. I did tend to somehow flick product on my eyelids whilst using but that wouldn't stop me using it. The effect is great, defined lashes and lasts all day. For the price I would buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by loverlover1328

This is the ultimate HG mascara for me - it was previously Maybelline Full & Soft for about 10 yrs. But I give it 3 for price, because it is a bit more expensive than that, and I am constantly amazed at how much budget mascaras cost. They don't last that long!
Why has this taken over from Full & Soft? I used Full & Soft (both waterproof and non waterproof) for so long that I thought I'd never buy another mascara. I got lots of compliments on it so just kept using it. Just FYI I have dead straight, medium length, full Asian lashes. I curl them every day and like really thick long upright black lashes. I use a Shu Uemura curler.
Anyway, I went to buy Full & Soft one day and Kmart was out, so I ended up trying this one, mostly because the name made me laugh. Despite the name, the packaging is actually super sophisticated, and grown up looking, none of this glitzy hot pink business!
After trying this, I was completely converted! I have the straight brush but it also comes in a curved brush. Personal choice but I find the curved hard to use.
The formula is quite dry, and it will dry out with use, which for me just makes it better. It will not flake at all, and is a nice heavy black. The dry formula is excellent for those with straight lashes which naturally point down, because the wetter formulas tend to weigh lashes down.
This is probably why Full & Soft worked so well for me for so long, being a lightweight formula, but 2000 Calorie will give you thicker lashes, and a more dramatic effect!
I am heavy handed with mascara, especially when going out, and for Asian girls, this is a dramatic, false lash effect :) Not natural looking though, so if that is what you're after I would go the Full & Soft.
Very buildable, and keeps my lashes curled up all day, even in humidity. I've never felt the need to try the waterproof version because even after a night of clubbing, I have no issues with smudging! I have been able to build it up to that clumpy fashion look as well! Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Brownprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

brought this for 5 on offer, it would not be worth it if brought for more money

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by mayyami

This mascara is pretty average for me. It doesn't lengthen much or add much volume. I have short asian lashes and you can hardly tell that I am wearing mascara when I have this on. Useful for when you want to maintain the "natural" look but is useless at holding a curl or adding length or volume.

The definite pro is that it doesn't smudge or flake :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by kaja91

I just keep going back to this mascara. It's easily the best I ever used. It's so funny because max factor keeps giving it for free when buying 3 products from them or something like that, so I always have at least one backup. It makes my lashes big and long, it lasts a really long time and it's definitely not lumpy. It's freaking perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by flrnc

This mascara is pretty good. Gives awesome length and volume, doesn't clump or flake and is really buildable. You can get natural length and definition or layer it up for massive lashes. I also love the brush, hate the plasticky ones.. Wouldn't repurchase though because it irritated my eyes, and i don't have sensitive eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by FrancyE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Like many users, I keep returning to this mascara. So far it's as HG as it gets. I feel bad for those customers who live in places where Max Factor is no longer sold.
Pros: adds and impressive amount of volume and length
is buildable
Not messy
Very black
Keeps eyelashes soft

Cons: Short shelf life. I've had mascaras that have lasted much longer, however, I do wear A LOT

I've added two pictures of before and after, picture n.10 and n.11

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by andreapirlosnose

Good little mascara. Nothing special, but it does the job. Pros are that it adds decent length to the lashes (nothing spectacular, but definitely not at the 'lamentable and pathetic' end of the mascara scale either) and enough volume that your eyes appear made-up without being obviously caked. I don't think I've ever worn more than two coats of mascara and generally I only wear one, but two coats of this stuff isn't particularly crispy and isn't at all clumpy. At least not on my lashes - and I do think that one's lash shape/density/etc does have a lot to do with how a mascara performs. It also holds a curl well - I have naturally curly lashes so I dunno how it holds up on eyelash curlered lashes, but my guess would be well. There are a couple of cons: if it gets in your eye, IT STINGS LIKE HELLFIRE. You have been warned. It also isn't entirely smudgeproof and it isn't blessed with extreme stamina; it does tend to fade a bit by the end of the day. I find if I've been out in hot weather (or cold weather if the air's humid, which here in England it pretty much always is), or have been sweating at all, I'll have a little mascara 'ghost' underneath my eyes and the lashes themselves will be dramatically less coated and made-up-looking than they were when the mascara was freshly applied. And if you cry or go out in the rain or have a cup of gravy tipped in your face during a rehearsal by a classmate who forgot to put his cup of gravy down before he leaned across you to pick up his script (and yes I speak from bitter experience on all fronts), then forget about it. This baby ain't sticking around. But hey - it doesn't claim to be waterproof so I can't really knock it. And I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to mascaras in general, so a simple, unpretentious old chestnut like 2000 Calorie suits me just fine.