October 1, 2014 | 1259 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Brownprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

brought this for 5 on offer, it would not be worth it if brought for more money

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by mayyami

This mascara is pretty average for me. It doesn't lengthen much or add much volume. I have short asian lashes and you can hardly tell that I am wearing mascara when I have this on. Useful for when you want to maintain the "natural" look but is useless at holding a curl or adding length or volume.

The definite pro is that it doesn't smudge or flake :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by kaja91

I just keep going back to this mascara. It's easily the best I ever used. It's so funny because max factor keeps giving it for free when buying 3 products from them or something like that, so I always have at least one backup. It makes my lashes big and long, it lasts a really long time and it's definitely not lumpy. It's freaking perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by flrnc

This mascara is pretty good. Gives awesome length and volume, doesn't clump or flake and is really buildable. You can get natural length and definition or layer it up for massive lashes. I also love the brush, hate the plasticky ones.. Wouldn't repurchase though because it irritated my eyes, and i don't have sensitive eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by FrancyE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Like many users, I keep returning to this mascara. So far it's as HG as it gets. I feel bad for those customers who live in places where Max Factor is no longer sold.
Pros: adds and impressive amount of volume and length
is buildable
Not messy
Very black
Keeps eyelashes soft

Cons: Short shelf life. I've had mascaras that have lasted much longer, however, I do wear A LOT

I've added two pictures of before and after, picture n.10 and n.11

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by andreapirlosnose

Good little mascara. Nothing special, but it does the job. Pros are that it adds decent length to the lashes (nothing spectacular, but definitely not at the 'lamentable and pathetic' end of the mascara scale either) and enough volume that your eyes appear made-up without being obviously caked. I don't think I've ever worn more than two coats of mascara and generally I only wear one, but two coats of this stuff isn't particularly crispy and isn't at all clumpy. At least not on my lashes - and I do think that one's lash shape/density/etc does have a lot to do with how a mascara performs. It also holds a curl well - I have naturally curly lashes so I dunno how it holds up on eyelash curlered lashes, but my guess would be well. There are a couple of cons: if it gets in your eye, IT STINGS LIKE HELLFIRE. You have been warned. It also isn't entirely smudgeproof and it isn't blessed with extreme stamina; it does tend to fade a bit by the end of the day. I find if I've been out in hot weather (or cold weather if the air's humid, which here in England it pretty much always is), or have been sweating at all, I'll have a little mascara 'ghost' underneath my eyes and the lashes themselves will be dramatically less coated and made-up-looking than they were when the mascara was freshly applied. And if you cry or go out in the rain or have a cup of gravy tipped in your face during a rehearsal by a classmate who forgot to put his cup of gravy down before he leaned across you to pick up his script (and yes I speak from bitter experience on all fronts), then forget about it. This baby ain't sticking around. But hey - it doesn't claim to be waterproof so I can't really knock it. And I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to mascaras in general, so a simple, unpretentious old chestnut like 2000 Calorie suits me just fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by OliviaPatterson

I really do love this mascara! I find on me that it definitely lengthens and voluminizes, it doesn't flake or smudge (as long as you apply it cleanly because it does take a little while to dry). The one downside I found with this product is that the formula is quite thick compared to other drugstore mascaras - the result being clumping if you don't apply it carefully! Bottomline though - love this product! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Lakkert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is awesome! I have tried a lot of mascaras, both drugstore and high end ones and this beats them all. It gives great volume and length without sticking all the lashes together. The brush and consistency are both wonderful and it does no clump or flake at all. It keeps the curl from an eyelash curler very weel, altough you won't need one cause this mascara gives a nice curl itself. Probably the best make up product i've ever tried :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by ClassyMinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried many mascaras over the years, but I keep coming back to this one. I buy the one with the curved brush in black, and love the dramatic look it gives my eyes. I have rather long lashes and find that the curved brush helps to style the lashes in a flattering way. My only complaint is the brush comes out with a lot of product on it, so I find myself wiping the excess off into the tube which builds up after a while and makes the bottle a bit messy. Like all mascaras, after a few months the formula starts to go thick and clumpy and it needs replacing. I don't mind though... There's nothing better than applying a brand new mascara. Overall, I love this mascara mainly for its brush. Until I find a better mascara, I'll continue to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by ckapp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the waterproof version....

I need all the help I can get in the lash department; I have sparse stubby lashes, with really oily lids and my eyes are very sensitive to boot. I have always had a hard time finding a mascara that would help compensate for the above but it looks like I finally have.

This mascara is suited for those that want a natural, soft, fluttery lash look; it's not particularly volumizing but it lengthens beautifully and it holds a curl like a dream. It separates and coats each lash without clumping. The brush is lightweight and the bristles are soft which helps with the application. This is my everyday, work appropriate mascara and it's absolutely lovely.

I live in The Netherlands and waterproof mascara is a must and this stuff does not budge but it does come off easily if I use Bioderma or Avene makeup remover (granted I usually only have to use one coat).