Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

on 10/27/2012 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is officially my favourite mascara.
I am not blessed to have thick lashes. My lashes are non existent and point straight to the ground, so finding a good formulation for my lashes is a must. I love this mascara, as it not only defines my lashes it, but also gives it the volume it needs, because of the curved shape wand. It doesn't leave me with panda eyes and that's coming from someone who rubs her eyes constantly.
This product is cheap and much better quality than other brands I have tried.

Buy Again= YES

on 10/23/2012 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

A cheaper version of my favorite Clinique High Impact. Nice clumpfree, volumizing mascara. Does not run or flake easily, it even survived a minor bout of rain :). I do have long thick lashes, so a mascara has to be really bad to mess me up ;). Without a doubt the best DS mascara! I will only re-buy when I'm too skint for my Clinique High Impact or Givenchy Noir Couture.

on 10/22/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I really did not enjoy this mascara very much. I have naturally very long lashes, but this mascara didn't do anything to accentuate them or curl them in any way, they seem to fall flat more than anything. It looks like I'm wearing no mascara at all when I have it on, even when I've applied several coats. I've had to put other mascara on top of this one to even make it look presentable. It does nothing in the way of volumising or lengthening like my other favourite mascara's do. I''ll be sticking to them in the future and won't be buying this one again!

on 10/19/2012 12:29:00 PM

I got this mascara as a gift in feburary because it came out in new packaging. I never tried it before, and was really pleasantly suprised!
For the cost of this product, it does a great job.
Lenght, volume, lasting.
Easy to use.
I will def buy it again!

on 10/10/2012 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

THIS MASCARA WEIGHS MY LASHES DOWN. this mascara doesnt hold curl at all and i NEED mascaras that can hold curl because my lashes are really thin but its pretty long. This mascara does a good work in volumizing the lashes and it doesnt clump (Y) too bad this mascara doesnt do the job i MOSTLY need which is holding the curl. but overall its a good mascara for people who need volumizing and not clumping mascaras!

on 9/26/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've used 2000 calorie for years. It makes my lashes look long, full, and dark. Unfortunalty I have not been able to find it at Walmart or my local drugstores anymore.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

great mascara as always from max factor..
the brush is great, thickens and elongates with out being too much
no clumps or flakes, makes your lashes look smooth and even...
no melting down.. stays put but easy to remove with soap and water...
the velvet black shade was lighter than i expected, not as dark as i wanted but still works great.. just a piece of info for my next purchase

on 9/17/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was always a favorite of mine but I haven't been able to find it at my local Fred Meyer's anymore. They no longer care Max Factor. Can anyone let me know where you purchase yours at? Much appreciated. :D

on 9/17/2012 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Picked this up after using up my usual false lash effect fusion. I saw the average rating of 4 out of 5 on here so thought it'd be worth a try. Plus at superdrug you get a free mini max effect polish with any mascara purchase! I like this, found the bristle brush hard to use at first being used to rubber wands. I did tend to somehow flick product on my eyelids whilst using but that wouldn't stop me using it. The effect is great, defined lashes and lasts all day. For the price I would buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the ultimate HG mascara for me - it was previously Maybelline Full & Soft for about 10 yrs. But I give it 3 for price, because it is a bit more expensive than that, and I am constantly amazed at how much budget mascaras cost. They don't last that long!
Why has this taken over from Full & Soft? I used Full & Soft (both waterproof and non waterproof) for so long that I thought I'd never buy another mascara. I got lots of compliments on it so just kept using it. Just FYI I have dead straight, medium length, full Asian lashes. I curl them every day and like really thick long upright black lashes. I use a Shu Uemura curler.
Anyway, I went to buy Full & Soft one day and Kmart was out, so I ended up trying this one, mostly because the name made me laugh. Despite the name, the packaging is actually super sophisticated, and grown up looking, none of this glitzy hot pink business!
After trying this, I was completely converted! I have the straight brush but it also comes in a curved brush. Personal choice but I find the curved hard to use.
The formula is quite dry, and it will dry out with use, which for me just makes it better. It will not flake at all, and is a nice heavy black. The dry formula is excellent for those with straight lashes which naturally point down, because the wetter formulas tend to weigh lashes down.
This is probably why Full & Soft worked so well for me for so long, being a lightweight formula, but 2000 Calorie will give you thicker lashes, and a more dramatic effect!
I am heavy handed with mascara, especially when going out, and for Asian girls, this is a dramatic, false lash effect :) Not natural looking though, so if that is what you're after I would go the Full & Soft.
Very buildable, and keeps my lashes curled up all day, even in humidity. I've never felt the need to try the waterproof version because even after a night of clubbing, I have no issues with smudging! I have been able to build it up to that clumpy fashion look as well! Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60