SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This thing is one of my holy grail items ! It's pricey but so worth it! I had problems with my pores skin discoloration and bumps on my face and ever since I used this they all are slowly going away! My face feels so smooth and I use the skii treatment essence lotion which helped my pores a lot and I don't get any breakouts after using them ! I will gladly repurchase these even though it's pricey until I find a better alternative

on 9/11/2013 10:13:00 AM

This product failed to impress. I bought a small bottle in Singapore three months ago as it is considerably cheaper there than in the UK and I wanted to see what all the hype was about and whether pitera was this supposed wonder liquid. I used it religiously twice a day and have to say it did nothing for the clarity or texture of my skin. The girl that sold it to me said it would shrink my pores and give me a translucent glow. No such luck. Would not repurchase, the Clarins facial treatment oil that I have just started has had better results in 4 days that months in this!

on 8/14/2013 8:09:00 AM

Like many others I was drawn by advertising and the beautiful skin of Cate Blanchett. For me, alas it was not to be!

I purchased a sample size, I didn't waste money on a full size. I was hoping for a HG for my roseaca, but to no avail. I stuck it in the cupboard, and underwent laser treatment for roseaca, so tried this agin following, but was unimpressed.

Some people have mentioned the smell, I didn't find it offensive.

If it works for you, great! But I suppose it's 'horses for courses'.

on 8/13/2013 9:59:00 AM

Love this product!!!! I've been used this product for 2 years. My face more better than before. First week i used this product, i can differentiate my face looks brighter. Even i used moisturizer from other brand, i will keep using this product for my face. Will buy again and again even the price is expensive.

on 8/11/2013 1:55:00 AM

I used a whole bottle of this and saw no effects whatsoever. It smells like spit and has a watery texture that's difficult to handle. The only good thing is that it had no adverse effects on my skin. What an overpriced, overhyped product! I'd stick with scientifically proven ingredients like AHA and retinol. Pitera is not it. It's just a great marketing story.

on 8/6/2013 8:28:00 PM

So sad to hear that others experienced negative results from this product, as it has SAVED my skin. I have combination skin leaning toward the dry side with the occasional breakout. I am also of Asian and white decent, in case that makes a difference. I used Retin-A for about 6 months (for acne control and wrinkle prevention) but my skin never really accommodated (I consistently broke out and had dry flaky skin). Maybe the Retin-A would have helped had I stuck with it longer...I'm too impatient I guess. I happened to purchase a couple SK-II products on a whim and in two weeks time, my skin is SO different. My routine goes like this: an oil cleanser from amore pacific, a powder foaming cleanser by a Japanese brand called Fancl, the SK-II brightening clear lotion, the facial treatment essence, and the brightening derm moisturizer. I do this morning and night (no oil and add sunscreen in the morning). On a side note, the application of the essence is taught differently in the US than in Asia. Not sure if this makes a difference but I follow the Asian instructions of putting a few drops in your hands and patting (more like light slapping) the essence onto your face about 100 times. Sounds stupid, but it's been working for me! ;)

on 7/21/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

What is so great about this water! NOTHING!!!

So over hype in Asia, miracle water? More like horrible water! Made my skin have so much of blackheads and small bumps appear within 5 days,

Super pissed paid 99 sgd for this crap.

on 7/19/2013 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sephora finally gets this product and I was really excited so I bought it... only to be deeply disappointed (screech!). Ah, I can't believe I fell for the advertising, the hype... I'm Asian and I assumed this would be HG for me... Nope, this stuff destroyed my skin. Destroyed it like it was WW3. I wasn't bothered by the scent, I barely noticed it. There was slight tingling but I used it sparingly (1-2 drops) and after about a week, everywhere that I had applied FTE was red, raised, and angry-looking... and peeling. The last time I had a reaction this horrible was back in the stone age during HS when I had used Neutrogena's swiss formula lotion, I swear my face looked like a big raspberry. :/ I stopped using FTE for a week, things started to calm down, then I tried FTE again (just in case) and the horror came back. Needless to say, I sent this product back ASAP. It's been about 6 months since then and I'm still trying to appease the skin gods. Some of the raised, red patches are no longer red, but dry/scaley/raised and still peeling. It seems like no amount of moisturizer is enough to stop the dryness. :( It took me a while to find products that would quell the raging dragon: Boscia, Arcona, and Josie Maran. Good luck to you if you want to risk using FTE...

on 7/18/2013 2:25:00 PM

I'm surprised this product didn't receive a good review here. Well, I have been using this product for couple of years and it did change my skin. And now, it become one of my HG product.
This product has a strong smell, like Japanese sake (if I'm not wrong) but it never bother me though. My skin feels a bit sticky once applied, but after few minutes gone, my skin feels so smooth.
For me, this product takes quite a long time to take effect. It takes me almost eight months to see the differences to my skin. I know, it is such a long time and I had almost given up on this product. But after eight months, I can see the spots are brighten up, the texture of my skin smoother, my complexion is brighten up, even the scar that I had due to accident is brighten up too. After using it for a year, I can see the glow coming from within and my skin never looks dull anymore. I almost couldn't believe it.

on 7/16/2013 2:16:00 AM

I have used this product for a month now. I started off using it after my Estee Lauder hydrationist toner but it feels like the essence is not really absorbing into my skin even though this process was directed by the lady at the counter. There was no difference in my skin at all.

A week ago, I decided to cut out my toner and just put on the essence directly on my skin after cleansing. And now, I definitely see a difference! My problem area has always been oil seeds and white/black heads. So I cant say how it will affect acne prone skin. Now, I feel that the open pores on the side of my nose are getting smaller and some of the oil seeds are starting to recede/disappear.

I apply this product by dropping maybe 8-10 drops on my palm, rub my hands together and pat all over my face with the residual on my neck. It is easy to control the amount you want with this packaging and I never end up with more essence than I need (this is important because its WAY expensive).

I can't say that I have seen a huge difference in terms of radiance but I was told you need to use this product religiously for 3 months to see a huge difference. Would only buy again if this product really gives a healthy glow to my skin. Will keep you updated!

Popular Treatments (Face)