April 23, 2014 | 1869 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Concealer Brush

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by SophieChauvin

I did like this concealer brush, and it worked for a while. It was quite a small brush which was great to get small corners and ridges on my face and it didnt pick up excess product. It also took a long time to do my under-eye circles so i wouldnt recommend it. However, the glue which held the brush and the handle broke so it only lasted a week. Also, the bristles were quite hard and were not soft on my skin :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this brush for smudging liner and shadow on the lower lash line. It's as good as my Sonia Kashuk smudge brush for that! As a concealer brush? Well, maybe for small spot concealing, but there are much better brushes for that. As a smudge or liner brush for the lower lash line, it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by rcjroxanne

To start off, I do not use this as a concealer brush. I find it is really too small to do anything for undereye circles. However, it is a great eyeliner brush! I use it with my Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner and it is perfect for lining my eyes with a natural look. And it's so cheap compared to all the other eyeliner brushes and much thinner than my angled Ecotools brush which suits my small eyelids better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by lost25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Serves it's function of spot concealing blemishes. Since the brush is small it doesn't pick up an excessive amount of product. It's too small for concealing under eye circles though. I tried and you can, it takes forever. This also makes a great lip brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by mechanicaljen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is alright as a concealer brush. However it tends to push around pigment rather than apply it where you want it. For the record, I use cream concealer.

Better as a lipstick brush. Also good as a nail brush. For $1, who cares? Find a good use for it, I'm sure you'll come up with something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! Its a very small almost the size of a pinky nail, actually smaller. So i find it works best for 1. Very precise concealing or 2. Detail eye work. I love using this brush for cream liners or applying or blending cream shadows or applying liner or shadows to lower lash line, or smudging liners, can even be used to apply precise outer v shadows. So if u need a concealer brush 4 normal areas this is way to small (try elf $3 studio concealer brush- great 4 concealer work) but 4 any of the jobs ive mentioned above, its great. Thats why i have 4 of these. I use them so much! Ive been lucky to recieve basically the same brush bc the only problem i have with elf is the brush quality is inconsistent. But at $1 ill take the risk. Thats why i wish i could buy their brushes in the stores bc that way i could check them 1st bc dealin with customer service over $1 is annoying to me. I know its only $1 but it will add up. But all 4 i have are great- no problems! Cruelty free affordable multi purpose great brush! I love u elf!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

It's way too small to be a concealer brush, maybe for random spots, but I don't really have a lot of spots to cover in the first place...
Like the person below me said, I use this to apply cream eyeshadow to the corner of my eyes or on my lower lash line.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I don't bother using this as a concealer brush because it is MINISCULE.

It works well to apply cream eyeshadow products under the lower lash line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Violet

I've owned several sephora and high end concealer brushes and they aren't even comparable to ELF...which is kind of shocking. but good news for me! It only costs me a dollar for this brush. I spent ten dollars on some stupid high end concealer brush that doesn't even perform 30% as well. I am buying this whole line. Plus they do not use animals. I washed ELF brush and everything is as it was. there was no shedding I can detech. I simply use baby shampoo . I wish I can give this line of brushes 10 stars. don't ever get ripped off again by the beauty manufacturers.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 8:12:00 AM More reviews by nosethrill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDIT:
I ordered another of these and it was faulty (glued-up bristles). ELF customer service was very good and replaced it immediately - with another faulty one. Again, customer service was excellent and they offered to personally check the bristles before posting the replacement. The brush arrived the next day and had been checked & wasn't faulty. However, it was a bit different to the very first one I bought months ago - the new brush had shorter and stiffer bristles and won't be suitable for around the eyes. So my point with this long story is: ELF brushes CAN be brilliant, but the quality seems to vary quite a lot. It's up to you if it's worth risking for an admittedly tiny price!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I love this tiny brush. It's brilliant for any precision work on eyes or little blemishes. I would happily own half a dozen of these (in fact I expect I will do sooner or later). The bristles are very smooth and soft, but not floppy at all, and haven't shed at all yet despite several washes. The brush dries immediately, with the help of a tissue, so can be used again right away.
It is too small really to be used to conceal larger areas such as under the eyes etc, but is really useful for targeting anything small.
I'd love it if ELF would produce a range of brushes more suitable for taking out and about - with a slide-up cover for the bristles, for example - as I always feel the uncovered brushes are a bit dirty after being stuck in my makeup bag for the day, and I don't want to carry a separate case just for a couple of brushes.
Still, this brush is really useful IMO and fantastic for the price.