October 25, 2014 | 1881 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Typographic

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this color to create smokey eyes. First I apply the paint pot (painterly) over my entire eye. Then I use the powerpoint eye pencil (Stubborn Brown) and define the whole eye. Where you start drawing your line, you stop there as well. Then I put the Brown Down eye shadow over the moving eye lid. With brush nr; 217 I take al little bit of the Satin taupe and blend it with the other color, half way my eye and only on the moving part of the eye and under the eye, again, half way. To finish it off I use al little bit of Typographic in the outher corners of my eyes, to create deepnees. I finish it off with Yves Saint Lauren faux cils, to creay an intense look. You should try this, it's beautiful...
Tanja

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 11:58:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A fabulous dark grey shadow. The new matte2 texture is amazing, wonderfully creamy and easy to blend.
Typographic makes for a great smokey eye and crease colour.
My only complaint being that it was listed as an "asphalt black" but it's not really a black. If it were as deep as Carbon then it would get the full five lippies from me.
Still a beautiful eyeshadow though, and one I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by cam1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this dark gray matte shadow, its just what i had been looking for. I got it to use in my crease for smoky eyes, it works great for that and i found that i could also use it over my whole lid and blend it out for a nice gray. It is way darker in the pot then how it looks on skin and i find a little goes a long way. It wears very well, as do all the mac shadows i have tried. If i ever run out of this, which i doubt, i would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Moyra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The entire Mattene collection was amazing, and I bought 10 great colors from it, but to me, the greatest surpise was Typographic - THE most perfect neutral greyish-taupish crease color EVER. I would describe it as a slightly tauped down dark-ish gray.
On the very pale (NC 15 in summer, even paler in winter) its just fabulous, blends beautifully and really matches any other color. It can be worn discreetly to shape the crease area or amped up for evening looks.
Thank goodness, its also permanent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wasn't planning on getting any matte e/s with this Matte2 collection but I was looking for the perfect smokey grey, and I was about to get Print which is very similar, but I found Typographic to be a bit richer and darker...when I got it home I tried it on and WOW. It's the most easy-to-blend, pigmented grey e/s and I'm so happy I picked this up. It's supposed to be "asphalt black" but it's deep deep smokey grey. LOVE this e/s and I will use it a lot!!!