Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This was my first UD purchase, and the colors are so pretty I just love it. Love the packaging, and it closes magnetically so I don't have to worry about it opening up on me in my makeup case. A great way to begin my UD collection!

on 5/6/2010 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a great way to get introduced to Urban Decay eyeshadow. I turn to this palette a lot when I'm trying out different colors. I really like the three neutral colors on the bottom for an everyday look. I am able to play around with different colors and this is a really good deal for anyone that wants to try out high end eyeshadow. This thing will last forever and it's hard to not find a couple of colors that you will love. I didn't use the mini primer potion because it didn't work for me, but that's another great thing about this palette, a good way to try it out. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to play with color and is interested in trying out Urban Decay.

on 5/4/2010 7:05:00 PM

the colors are bright and they have a ton of pigment in them nothing much else to say

on 4/29/2010 4:18:00 PM

I've had my shadow box for 2 years and I'm not even close to the pan! And I use this just about everyday. I ADORE this product! The colors are beautiful, highly pigmented, and very versatile. The price is a tad bit high, but you definitely get what you pay for. If I ever run out i'll definitely buy this again!

on 4/28/2010 3:38:00 PM

I love love love love love this shadow set. The shadows are so pigmented. They look on your lids exactly the way they look in the palette, which I love. Everyone I have shown this palette to falls in love with it. The colors are so beautiful and easy to work with. You can go for a light casual every day look to a bold edgy rocker night look. It's just my favorite EVER. Just buy it, don't waste time.

My tip is of course using it with the included primer potion, and with the sponge applicators if you're looking for a bold look. I tried using with and eyeshadow brush and it looked too light for my taste. So if you're into funky make up use it with the sponge applicators !!!

on 4/16/2010 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i LOVE Urban Decay's deluxe shadows and have lusted after this palette for months. after getting the UD sustainable shadow box and being a little let down with all the glitter fall out. that's why i love the deluxe shadows - they are all shimmery without all the damn glitter!

Yes the colors are very bright and pigmented - so this is a great palette for doing a bright vibrant eye - but the colors can also be played down for a less-intense look.

Overall i really like this palette and reach for it quite often. i am set for my UD eyeshadow fix for awhile :)

on 4/10/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EDIT: I uploaded a picture that I took before I went for the interview of the job I have now! Fishnet is really the most beautiful lavender color. Goes superb with brown eyes. Just don't overdo it haha a small half of the eyelid is a go.

Now, if only they could make one of these with all of Fishnet. That's the only color I use every week. The staying power is gee, the color is spectacular, and paired on a small part of the eyelid with that Lorac's Pencil Sparkle EyeShadow in Brown, it is gorgeous. Add some gold/tan shimmer in the inner corner, some liquid eyeliner, and some Rimmel mascara from the great big red tube, and you've got a hands down winner. There aren't a lot of things in reallife you can expect compliments day in and out (only on tv commercials), but this combination always saves the day. If you have brown eyes, it's a must-try!

on 4/7/2010 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my HG eyeshadow palette. I use it almost everyday! There really is a big difference between UD's regular eyeshadows & their deluxe shadows. These are HIGHLY pigmented & have great staying power. Plus, there are so many great colors to choose from, but enough neutrals to make it practical! I hope I never completely use this palette up -- but if I do, I will definitely be repurchasing it!

on 4/7/2010 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love love love this palette. I got this nearly two years ago, used it quite often before but not as much now. I still have a lot left, the primer is long gone but I purchased a full size :). The colors seem to fade away without primer but they are awesome with, the colors are amazing and very pigmented. There's a lot of fallout when I apply this but that's easily prevented. This is great if you like lots of glitter, and there are so many looks you can achieve with the colors. This palette will probably last me forever but if I happen to run out I would buy this again, it's a great deal.

on 4/6/2010 1:33:00 PM

This is honestly the best palette ive ever bought, after seeing some amazing reviews i coughed up some extra cash to get it and i honestly dont regret it which is rare.
The colours are beautiful, so highly pigmented and they last ages on your lids, the primer is awesome too <3
Ive had it a few months now and seems that it wont need replacing for a while.

Video Reviews & Tutorials