April 19, 2014 | 1976 users online

Powder - Sephora - Matifying Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by mtvsux

This is for the new compact foundation from sephora. they had an older version which i believe was just called 'compact powder foundation'. This is the new one. and it comes in 24 colors. Right on. (There is also a Double Compact Mineral SPF 10 foundation, and that only comes in 7 colors).

Anyway, I love it. Mainly because of the D22 color ('warm light natural'). it is soooooo hard for me to find a color match. I have tried just about everything to match this crazy skin of mine, but this easy going yellow based neutral is great for my c3 skin. Even mac's c3 can turn pinkish on me, that's how neutral/olive i am. Anyway, it doesn't have a ton of coverage, but it is smooth and silky. The matte lasts about half a day at most, then i need to re-powder. The packaging is a round black case with a lower level that holds the sponge and features a mirror. Very handy. I work in cosmetics and am constantly trying to find a match, when i finally found this one my coworkers (who know a lot about makeup) complimented me. I will rebuy this if i run out, unless i find one that is exactly the same but matte-er. It goes on smooth and non-cakey. I almost do wish it had a little bit more coverage, but then again not everyone's skin is as bad as mine, so better it be this coverage then. A powder foundation is great in the summer to put over gross sunblock, and since this is non-cakey it's perfect for that. $20, wow, sephora is really getting up there! That's fine, it'll probably last 6 months+, so it's a fair price. I've had it for about 10 days now and always carry it with me. It says it can be used wet or dry, and i have never used it wet, i will update as soon as i do. i have to let my skin breathe for now though because I am using a peel system at the moment.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2008 4:12:00 AM More reviews by ndnista

I LOVE this compact. I think it has GREAT coverage. My friend was watching me do my makeup one day, and when I used the compact, she said it looked like I was erasing my reddness and acne marks right off my face. I am D35. Although, I would not use this alone, because even though it has great coverage, it doesn't match my skin exactly, it can look ashy if worn alone. But seriously, I have used this everyday, and I am on my 3rd compact.

After this, I am going to give the Double Compact Mineral one a try. But if I am not extremely happy with that one, I will DEF go back to the Sephora Compact Foundation. I def think it is underrated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 10:01:00 AM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT - I wouldn't repurchase b/c I found MatteFX in M80 works better than anything else. If I couldn't find it, I may got back to this particular product, though I think they've discontinued D34.

Original review: I got this in D34 (warm caramel) for me CCC (CoverFX I40/B15 or NC44ish or Cargo70).

I used this on top of my CoverFX cream foundation, as a mattifier since CoverFX cream foundation can look shiny.

So - Sephora Mattifying does what it says it does - it mattifies!! Unlike other mattifying powders, it's doesn't leave my skin looking ugly matte or seriously show up wrinkles - it just reduces the shine - which is great for taking photographs too. The colour selection is great. The powder is finely milled and a little goes a long way.

I would repurchase it to continue using as a powder on top of my cream foundation. I wouldn't dare use it as a foundation on its own b/c I think it'd be waaaaaaaaay too matte for my insanely dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Atari

I was looking for a powder foundation after using MUFE. Generally, I really liked the Sephora shade choices. And when they say "matifying", they aren't kidding... it's a typical dry eastern winter right now and the product was so matifying that my oily skin wound up dry and flaking. I suspect, though, that the foundation will be great once the weather is warm and humidity sets in. Until then, i'll keep using it as a light powder over a light foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I found this compact foundation I was shocked at the perfect color match on me. I liked it when I tried it on at the store. It matted my oily combo. skin and took all the redness from it, evening out the tone. The only thing is it doesnt cover many imperfections- its very medium to light coverage. Almost like a tinted powder. It does how ever feel ALOT more natural than any other powered foundation I've tried so far. I'm thinking of using their balancing liquid foundation underneath it- I'll tell you gals the results:)
UPDATE- I returned it. 2 hours into wearing it my face got really oily, I normally have combination skin but where ever I'd put it it got shiny. After matting that layer down, 30 mins later oily again. I'm sticking to my studio fix for now.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by danceituphomie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this. I love that I found a perfect color match, the coverage is nice & buildable, & that it's cheaper than MAC Studiofix (which I usually purchase). But at the end of the day, it just looked weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by jesusson

I absolutely LOVE this product. I used to be a Benefit Get Even (02), Girl. But As soon as i found this product which was half the price of Benefit I knew i had to read some reviews and try it out for myself. I could honestly say that this product outlasted the other. I tried it on for the first time last night before going to a show (M.I.A, lots of dancing!) and perfect! little babies, i think i've found the one!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 8:26:00 PM More reviews by mixed_chick

I did go through a phase where I thought that I might like pressed powders as opposed to Bare Minerals which I was using for quite a while. I think that if you are planning on buying a pressed powder, you shouldn't look anywhere else. I find that it is reasonably priced in comparison to other brands, and it gives u the same result. I love the fact that Sephora's Collection does offer a wide range of shades, so it's great for someone like me who has yellow/neutral undertones. I did however decide to stick to tinted moisturizers, and if anything Bare Minerals (if i wanted powder), but that was purely a personal decision.