September 19, 2014 | 1588 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Why, oh why, does EVERY MAC product make me break out??? I think this is an excellent product but it causes an "eruption" w/in a few hours on me. For those of you lucky enough to wear this w/ no problems, I'm truly jealous!!!

This is the most natural looking foundation that I have ever tried. You can't even tell that it's on your skin yet it magically evens everything out. I am an NC20-25 & C2 is my best color (C1 was too light).

Positives: light, natural looking, tons of shades to choose from, non-drying, doesn't cling to dry patches

Negatives: packaging (IMO-big, ugly & cheap-looking), can oxidize if not set w/ powder, can sometimes get greasy-looking in areas

If you've experienced break-outs from MAC's products before definitely get a sample of this before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by aznenvazen

I think I've found my HG! I do admit, for the most part, I have clear skin, hardly any discoloration, hardly any imperfections, so it doesn't take much to please me, BUT surprisingly, I don't like A LOT of foundations! I'd say, my biggest issues I have are these bumps that are scattered across my nose and under my eyes. They're not freckles, but rather flesh colored moles? I LOATH them! Thanks to great return policies, I've been able to try many brands and many lines, and decided to try out this F&B stuff. I've noticed heavy/full coverage just piles on top of the bumps and accentuate them more. I hate feeling like I have makeup on! And I hate having to worry about transfer. With the F&B, you put it on and go. No worries through the day, I forget I have makeup on and get pleasantly surprised when a picture of me shows up and I don't look like a savage beast. They camouflage my bumps without bringing more attention (that's the point of camouflage right?)

I use a beauty blender to apply on top of a moisturizer and primer. I buff out any perfections with a brush. And out I go.

I don't notice a scent. It's a watery consistency, but way better than that nude magic stuff. The packaging is nice, easy to control how much to squeeze out. I do use enough to be considered a medium coverage and I feel that I still look natural. But that's objectional. Overall, I love this stuff! Wish I bought a bigger bottle!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I hate to give a product a bad review when it is so well liked, but this just didn't work for me.

I wanted to try this for so long based on the great reviews of it, so I eventually got a large sample in the shade C1. I am an NC15 with neutral to warm undertones. C1 was perhaps a tiny bit too dark and yellow, (and in hindsight I perhaps should have got a sample of N1) but this foundation has little to no coverage so I couldn't even tell there was a color difference after applying anyway.

I have uneven skin and dark undereye circles and this foundation did not cover anything at all. I applied about 5 layers under my eyes trying to get my dark circjes even slightly covered, but no. This foundation is so sheer that all it does is leave my face extremely shiny. I don't normally mind a slight shine (I prefer a slight glow to very matte) but this was excessive. For reference my skin is dry on my cheeks and undereye area and very oily on my nose and chin. I have melasma on my forehead which has faded a lot due to diligent treatment. Of course this did not cover even my faded melasma, just gave me a shiny finish.

I had heard so many good things about this foundation and it was a complete disappointment. I am glad that I had only a sample and not a full bottle. I wouldn't ever consider purchasing a bottle of this. I need more coverage and less shine. This foundation would be perfect for those with clear, even skin, but I have way too many imperfections to even consider purchasing this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ikraa94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. This was the first liquid foundation I've ever tried and I can't find anything I like more than it. I've tried multiple other foundations and I always come back to this. I wouldn't recommend this foundation to anyone with oily skin because of the dewy finish. I have dry skin. I would also recommend if you're buying the huge bottle to get one shade lighter because it'll oxidized if it's left sitting for to long. A tip for application, for anyone who says it doesn't set I put primer then the foundation then do my brows, eyes, whatever and then come back to set it with powder and it works well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff has been great. Bought it to try a month or two ago while on Accutane as my skin has been too dry for powder foundations. I bought the small bottle because I was unsure how I'd like it, never having used it before. The packaging is great, you can definitely control the amount you use and it's easy to use to the very end.

I love the lightweight formula and the soft scent, the coverage is sheer but buildable. I find that I usually have to go back and dot concealer onto scars and problem areas, but I would have had to do that with any foundation I think. If you want full coverage this is not for you, but this foundation is great if you don't like a super-thick formula and don't mind supplementing on sparse areas with a concealer.
The biggest con for me is the shine. It's SUPER SHINY like makes you look like you slathered chicken grease on your face - a lot more than a subtle dewy sheen. I wouldn't recommend this if you're super oily, I would have hated this formula before Accutane dried my skin out. Luckily I had some blotting powder - Shiseido Matifying Compact Oil-free - that I dust over the liquid as a setting powder that helps mattify the finish and it looks much nicer.

Rated 4/5 because of the shine, overall a great foundation. Might purchase again if my skin remains somewhat dry after Accutane.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

This is cult favorite product for a reason, it's awesome! I think the best way to apply this is with your fingers because it starts off really sheer, but the more you work it into your skin, the tackier it gets and the more you can build up the coverage, then once it truly sets it's relatively transfer resistant. It will make your skin glow!! I would just be careful with a product like this that you cleanse really well at the end of the day. It doesn't just sit on the surface of your skin, it really sinks it and that's why it looks so beautiful and natural. Makes your legs look awesome too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only foundation I will use from MAC. I find this is the only foundation in their line that isn't too pink or too yellow, it matches perfectly. I love in the summer I can wear a sheer finish and in winter I can build it up more and it still looks great. The only thing I find is over time, when I take the lid off, the product has leaked out in the cap. Other than this I still love it and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by emilyboswall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have seen this foundation been hyped up about a lot, and I seriously don't know what all the fuss is about! Yeah, its a good foundation and suits dry skin well but expensive for what it is, as I find it really doesn't cover much (why should we spend money on no result?) but...it has a extremely dewy finish and no matter how much you put on it has no cakiness and doesn't feel like its 'weighing you down'. I can't wait until it is summer, as I think this foundation suits lazy days in the sun (also contains spf) when you don't want to feel covered in foundation. I personally think the packaging is crap for the price as it is just a plastic bottle and the top gets really messy. I probably wouldn't' buy this again as it doesn't give enough coverage, but may suit you well if you have nice skin and no redness or spots (I literally mean perfect as it is such a low coverage!) Hope that helped you decide! X

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't need another foundation really, but i have been wanting to try this for a mighty long time.
The reason why i have never give it a go was because I don't like dewy foundations, they always give me a greasy look, case in point when Chanel came out with vitalumiere I quickly went out to the counter and bought one, it look nice at first, but once a couple of hours gone past i look like a disco ball.
I don't have oily skin but i have combo skin with oily t-zone, my preference have always been matte/semi matte finish foundation.
My recent foundations on rotations are Bourjoirs Heathy Mix, Bourjoirs 10 hour sleep effect, Boots No7 Beautifully Matte and MAC pro long wear. For work I usually reach out for Boots No 7 or MAC pro long wear, just because of their lasting powder and I don't need to powder.
Then I rewatched some of Lisa Eldridge's video and face and body foundation got mentioned again, so I read the MUA reviews, and decided to go to the counter and try this on.
Now I wear NC20 in prolong wear and with all the reviews I read I should be matched with a C2, however when I get to the counter, C2 looks very yellow, in fact I find it even yellower than prolong wear. (and I would actually prefer a tad less yellow in prolong wear but it blends well so it still works)
So the MAC mua said to me if i don't like C2 I can try N2 instead, she then put a layer on with brush and I kinda touch my face to see how tacky it is, and surprisingly it is actually not tacky at all. In fact while its kinda wetter than my other matte foundations, its not tacky. I was very happy with the texture.
I looked in the mirror after getting out of the shopping center confirmed that N2 is my colour. The foundation disappeared and blends seamlessly.
How I would describe this is a very sheer foundation and the kickass bit about this is that it evens out my skin tone so well, it doesn't cover well though, at the moment i have a couple of spots and i need concealer for that but for the redness on my cheeks, it just toned it down so much.
And I look like I didn't wear make up, just my own skin but much neater.
I powder, because I use powder blushes mostly and also because I want to powder especially on my tzone. Now in the last couple of days with work I was doing something different and it requires me a little physical work, which meant I did sweat a little.
But my foundation did not slide, did not transfer onto my white shirt (collar), nor my face looks like a grease ball.
To be honest I would not call this a dewy foundation myself, I would probably described it as a satiny finish.... like there is a glow, but not greasy or oily.
You will need to work fast with this, it came out like water (think daniel sandler water-colour blush) but it sets very quickly especially when you start spreading on your face, work fast and you will see the result.
Everyday I deep cleanse my face and have no breakouts nor clogged pores. I have a little handheld facial cleaner (similar to clarisonic but not quite, its a japanese invention that uses ions to suck out dirty bits in your pores), I must say liquid foundations require much more cleaning than powder/cream foundations, they still get into your pores even the foundation doesn't sink into them.
So I wear NC20 in prolong wear, 52 in all Bourjoirs foundations, and I use N2 in this (but I have spoken with 2 other MAC mua at another counter and before even testing they just said oh I am a C, because of my asian skin). I'd recommend to try out the foundation and get a shade you are most comfortable with instead of following those colour codes, to me they are just a guide and sometimes doesn't work. Despite I have yellow skin my cheeks are nearly always quite rosy naturally and have a fair bit of pink. If anything I would say I am more a neutral skin tone.
N2 doesn't look pink when it pours out, unlike NW foundations that looks visibly pink based.
I am pleasantly surprised by this foundation, for $49 aud (small bottle) its certainly not a cheap foundation, but I think its an acceptable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by serenas87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation now for 2 years and it's definitely one of my all time favourites. This is one product I don't think I could be without in my makeup collection. I still remember the moment the makeup artist at mac applied it on my face and my skin just looked like it was glowing from within. I want my foundation to have a dewy glow (as in I don't prefer the matte look on my dry skin) and this is just so perfect for that. If you're looking for super full coverage and a matte finish then this foundation is not for you.
As in coverage, this is where I think the product sells itself because its so buildable. Most of the days I can get away with a single layer, but if I'm having a bad skin day and I want to pile the foundation on in layers for extra coverage it never gets cakey on me! It just melts into my skin, provides the coverage I need no matter how much I pack on, doesn't accentuate my dry skin, gives a lovely dewy glow without me looking like a greaseball. For reference I'm an nc35 and I wear the shade c3 - c4 depending on the seasons.
Also I realized you can apply it pretty much any way you like, I didn't notice too much of a difference. Any brush, sponge will do. I even remember reading a review where someone said they had much better results using their fingers.
Overall I highly recommend this foundation if you like light - medium coverage thats easily buildable, and prefer a more natural looking effect. I will repurchase over and over and over :)