April 18, 2014 | 1140 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by truegem31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought 5 NYX Jumbo Pencils and today was the first go at them. I did apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a base and then put on the Iced Mocha. What a beautiful shade. Frosty, shimmery, and neutral. A very subtle shade that would probably look good on every skin tone. Easy to apply. Shadow stuck well to it. I was majorly worried about creasing and here I am 8 hours later showing very initial stages of creasing. For the price I am happy with the result. This is going to be a color that I can't stop using.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by kmae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this color and the texture of the pencil is so creamy and smooth, I love it! The only problem I have with these pencils is that they crease on me like crazy (i have an oily monolid) and because of that I don't think I will be purchasing anymore of these, which makes me really sad because I really wanted them to be a staple.

If you have bigger lids then this would probably be really great for you. I used UDPP and it was unsuccessful for me. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by carllin87

I got a couple, one of them iced mocha. I love this colour, it's a neutral colour on my skin tone so I sometimes use this either as a base, to blend with other colours, or just on its own. It works, the price is great, convenient and versatile. It's really creamy, soft and smooth.

edit : I took off some lippies because firstly they were a little huge for my large sharpener so I had to go get one from nyx (I found that some store do carry certain nyx products here; but not the jumbo pencils). Also after using a while I notice that they crease quite easily when the weather gets a little hot and my lids get more oily than usual.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would buy this product again but not in this shade. It goes on smoothly, doesn't seem to crease, it lasts. . .but on me, it's a strange shimmery light brown that makes me look tired. I will try it again in another season to see if it just doesn't work on me in the summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I love big, fat eye color pencils since they make applying eye color so easy and mess-free. These NYX pencils are very inexpensive and come in a rather staggering array of colors. Iced Mocha is a medium taupe color with a faint plummy tone. It's rather frosty due to the silvery sheen. It's not metallic, but it is pretty shiny. This will definitely emphasize saggy or crepey eyelids.

The texture is very smooth and creamy--the pencil draws on beautifully--but it also creases quite a bit without a good base. I applied this over a powder shadow (NARS) and I have non-oily lids and I still got some creasing. Not a huge problem since it's so inexpensive and any MUA-er worth her salt will have a reliable eye base on hand already.

In sum: I'm not in love with this one due to the frostiness, but I would like to try other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 5:07:00 AM More reviews by missgiggly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow... I rate this higher than MAC shadestick, it goes on SO smoothly, so creamy, it doesn't drag on my eye at all. Iced Mocha is a deep taupe with a slight frost to it, and is GREAT as a base to any sort of neutral, and as an eyeliner that can be applied with a minimal of effort. LOVE these, want to collect more!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by dbp1515

I love this color! It is a cooler taupy-brown color with slight shimmer. These pencils go on very smoothly without tugging at the lid and can be built up or down for intensity. The only thing I dislike is that I still have to use UDPP underneath to get any lasting power from these, but for the price I will keep buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by sassepiano

This is a very nice neutral color that can be used as the main color, or a highlighter (if you smudge it). It's very smooth and smudge-able, which is good because you can then choose the intensity of the color. Please see my swatch:
continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2007 4:33:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iced Mocha is a taupe(brown-grey) shimmer. Use as a liner. Great to use when silver and pink are too light/bright. Sometimes tightline with a dark brown or black e/l. Keep a sharp point on it, easy to make a thin or thick line.. Smooth texture. Also works nicely blended under brow as a highlight color. Great, great, great product for $2.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No