July 25, 2014 | 1275 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Olive Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2005 1:57:00 PM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! It's a perfect moisturizer for dry skin. It leaves an excellent 'finish' on the skin. (I tried a cheap immitation of this and it was awful: when I rubbed my skin later, little 'balls' of butter would form under my fingers. UGH!) The scent is wonderful, very fresh and greeny. This is an excellent-quality product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2005 1:10:00 AM More reviews by sunn0607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great butter for people who like a fresh scent. If you have very dry skin it might now be the one for you, it's meant for normal to dry, meaning if you have dry patches and just need something to soften your skin it might be right for you, a good summer butter for when your skin isn't uber dry!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2004 10:06:00 PM More reviews by LexicoAmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is now my favorite Body Butter. It's got a lighter texture than some of the others, so it actually sinks into my skin instead of leaving me greasy, and I love the fresh scent. It doesn't smell anything like olives ;) but I guess basically like a clean "skin" scent. I wear it with Hermes Eau des Merveilles and find no conflict at all. In fact, people tell me how good I smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2004 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I love this body butter - usually my skin can't take anything too rich, but this melts right into the skin, and leaves the nicest scent. It's great in the winter to remind you of a warm, sunny day. Feet, elbows, legs, arms - it's good just about anywhere!

This is one of my staple products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2004 1:26:00 PM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really excellent cream for the fall and winter. It has a light texture and refreshing cucumber-grass smell, but it really moisturizes well. I put some on at night (after using the olive scrub) and in the morning my skin was still very soft and moisturized and bump-free.

You don't need that much, just a little scoop with your fingers. Then run your hand lightly over your skin to distribute and then rub it in. It has a really lovely light texture, but totally took care of my dry skin and arm/back bumps.

I'm hooked! I bought this during a buy one/get one half off promotion for the olive products, so it was $8. More than I usually spend, but this really works well. I think it's worth the $$.

UPDATE -- I've since discovered Mediterranean Spa body butter, which seems just as good and costs about $15-17 for 15 oz. (much cheaper than TBS).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2004 9:52:00 PM More reviews by moonsista

I'm in love with the Olive Body Butter! It has a great thick, rich, creamy texture without being greasy or too thin. It absorbs into the skin well and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I love the scent - it doesn't smell like olives really, but it has sort of an herbal scent that I love. I heard that TBS is introducing more products (body scrub, etc.) into their Olive line, and I couldn't be happier.

I think that TBS's plastic body butter tubs are cheap plastic and could be a little sturdier. Otherwise, that's the only thing I would change.

Definitely a re-purchase for me! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2004 8:23:00 AM More reviews by glamrockgal

I DESPERATELY LOVE THIS BUTTER-OLIVE IT SMELLS VERY BEAUTIFUL AND I JUST NEVER EVER THINK I WOULD LIVE WITOUT IT.ESPECIALLY MY FRIENDS ASK ME WHERE DOES THIS PARFUME SMELL COME FROM AND WHEN I SAY THIS IS MY CREAM I WEAR THAY WANT TO TRY IT TOO AMD ASK ME WHERE DID U BUY THIS?I LOVE IT.ITS MY FAVORITE BODY BUTTER(I THINK COOCA COMES NEXT)BUY IY,USE IT,CARRY IT TO EVERYWHERE U GO:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2004 5:35:00 AM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Indifferent, discreet smell which I suppose at least doesn't interfere with any perfume you're wearing. Good moisturisation but nothing special in terms of how your skin feels (I like it super-soft as it becomes with Dove Body Silk!). TBS has pushed the price to the absolute limit (10). I think we can find just as good or better body butters cheaper these days. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2004 4:52:00 PM More reviews by amourticia

In a quest to try all the many many products out there, I would be tempted to never buy the same thing twice but this one is so good that it fits the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.". One of the few things I would keep in my cabinet at all times, for years, it smells good, works like a charm and is an absolute pleasure to use. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2004 10:15:00 AM More reviews by d_E_S_S

I love this body butter. My thighs were breaking out slightly from the Sesame body butter (which was PERFECT in the winter time) but this Olive one keeps my skin soft in the summer time. I'm also not a big fan of the sweet scents of the other BB, and this light, green scent (think green tea/leafy/grassy/cucumber) is perfect for the summer days. The top layer of the BBs are a little waxy at first, and you just have to "break through" the top layer.