December 22, 2014 | 1525 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Olive Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Babydollygirl

Ive tried so many of TBS body butter, all of the body butter are really moisturising, and olive is one of the best that i love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2005 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Flummig

I really like this neutral scent.As the other bodybutters it is moisture well and it really is good for your skin.Will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2005 1:15:00 PM More reviews by gurlz_17

this is a great moisturizer..it's great for my little dry skin. at first i didnt lyk d scent but then after testing it for a few tyms, i lykd it. however, i still prefer d olive scent of their dry oil mist.
Body butter is not my HG lotion..still looking for that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have two 50ml jars from this one. And when I used them up,I won't buy this again.The #1 reason is that I love trying new things, and there are plenty of products of TBS that I haven't checked yet. I have dry skin so this works ok to moisturize but I can't say I'm a big fan of the smell.In other words, it's just an ok product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2005 1:57:00 PM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! It's a perfect moisturizer for dry skin. It leaves an excellent 'finish' on the skin. (I tried a cheap immitation of this and it was awful: when I rubbed my skin later, little 'balls' of butter would form under my fingers. UGH!) The scent is wonderful, very fresh and greeny. This is an excellent-quality product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2005 1:10:00 AM More reviews by sunn0607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great butter for people who like a fresh scent. If you have very dry skin it might now be the one for you, it's meant for normal to dry, meaning if you have dry patches and just need something to soften your skin it might be right for you, a good summer butter for when your skin isn't uber dry!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2004 10:06:00 PM More reviews by LexicoAmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is now my favorite Body Butter. It's got a lighter texture than some of the others, so it actually sinks into my skin instead of leaving me greasy, and I love the fresh scent. It doesn't smell anything like olives ;) but I guess basically like a clean "skin" scent. I wear it with Hermes Eau des Merveilles and find no conflict at all. In fact, people tell me how good I smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2004 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I love this body butter - usually my skin can't take anything too rich, but this melts right into the skin, and leaves the nicest scent. It's great in the winter to remind you of a warm, sunny day. Feet, elbows, legs, arms - it's good just about anywhere!

This is one of my staple products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2004 1:26:00 PM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really excellent cream for the fall and winter. It has a light texture and refreshing cucumber-grass smell, but it really moisturizes well. I put some on at night (after using the olive scrub) and in the morning my skin was still very soft and moisturized and bump-free.

You don't need that much, just a little scoop with your fingers. Then run your hand lightly over your skin to distribute and then rub it in. It has a really lovely light texture, but totally took care of my dry skin and arm/back bumps.

I'm hooked! I bought this during a buy one/get one half off promotion for the olive products, so it was $8. More than I usually spend, but this really works well. I think it's worth the $$.

UPDATE -- I've since discovered Mediterranean Spa body butter, which seems just as good and costs about $15-17 for 15 oz. (much cheaper than TBS).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2004 9:52:00 PM More reviews by moonsista

I'm in love with the Olive Body Butter! It has a great thick, rich, creamy texture without being greasy or too thin. It absorbs into the skin well and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I love the scent - it doesn't smell like olives really, but it has sort of an herbal scent that I love. I heard that TBS is introducing more products (body scrub, etc.) into their Olive line, and I couldn't be happier.

I think that TBS's plastic body butter tubs are cheap plastic and could be a little sturdier. Otherwise, that's the only thing I would change.

Definitely a re-purchase for me! continued >>