The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 77288 (Colour).

on 4/23/2006 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Fabulous fabulous body butter. Probably my favourite of the bunch, tied with Nut Butter. It's got this fresh green olive scent, looks earthy green and "organic", and the texture is light and whipped. It moisturizes well without feeling heavy, and is great for summer time.However, possibly because it feels so whipped, I find that I go through this stuff like crazy. If I use it daily, it probably lasts me about 3 weeks or a month. At $18 CAD a pop, I can't afford to use it up so fast!
I tried a comparable lotion called Neolia, which I got at Costco. It's made with olive oil, and has a very similar scent as the Olive Body Butter. A giant bottle (almost 500 mL) cost me about $10 or $12 CAD. It doesn't rub in as well or absorb as quickly as the Olive Body Butter, but it feels very moisturizing, and is a cheaper alternative for when I'm feeling frugal.
I do love that Body Butter though. I'd probably repurchase as a treat for myself on occasion, but for every-day use, the Neolia lotion will have to do. continued >>

on 11/5/2005 1:55:00 AM

Some people like this so much. I don't. I loved the olive body wash so I decided to buy the body butter. Was a bit disappointed because it didn't smell as fresh and it felt sticky on my skin. Smelling it directly from the tub made me think of old women and flowers... too floral.

Ive tried so many of TBS body butter, all of the body butter are really moisturising, and olive is one of the best that i love.

on 9/27/2005 2:18:00 AM

I really like this neutral scent.As the other bodybutters it is moisture well and it really is good for your skin.Will buy again!

on 8/31/2005 1:15:00 PM

this is a great moisturizer..it's great for my little dry skin. at first i didnt lyk d scent but then after testing it for a few tyms, i lykd it. however, i still prefer d olive scent of their dry oil mist.
Body butter is not my HG lotion..still looking for that.

on 2/18/2005 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have two 50ml jars from this one. And when I used them up,I won't buy this again.The #1 reason is that I love trying new things, and there are plenty of products of TBS that I haven't checked yet. I have dry skin so this works ok to moisturize but I can't say I'm a big fan of the smell.In other words, it's just an ok product.

on 2/11/2005 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! It's a perfect moisturizer for dry skin. It leaves an excellent 'finish' on the skin. (I tried a cheap immitation of this and it was awful: when I rubbed my skin later, little 'balls' of butter would form under my fingers. UGH!) The scent is wonderful, very fresh and greeny. This is an excellent-quality product!

on 1/18/2005 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great butter for people who like a fresh scent. If you have very dry skin it might now be the one for you, it's meant for normal to dry, meaning if you have dry patches and just need something to soften your skin it might be right for you, a good summer butter for when your skin isn't uber dry!

on 12/5/2004 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is now my favorite Body Butter. It's got a lighter texture than some of the others, so it actually sinks into my skin instead of leaving me greasy, and I love the fresh scent. It doesn't smell anything like olives ;) but I guess basically like a clean "skin" scent. I wear it with Hermes Eau des Merveilles and find no conflict at all. In fact, people tell me how good I smell.

on 11/29/2004 1:31:00 PM

I love this body butter - usually my skin can't take anything too rich, but this melts right into the skin, and leaves the nicest scent. It's great in the winter to remind you of a warm, sunny day. Feet, elbows, legs, arms - it's good just about anywhere!

This is one of my staple products.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products