October 31, 2014 | 1062 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by imtshirui

A few months back I started breaking out badly between my brows. It all started as little whiteheads and then those little bastards turned to cystic acne. I was so depressed. I refuse to go to the dermatologist because I have been there before and it didn't really solve my skin problem. My first horrible break out happened after I went to thread my brows! I broke out all over my forehead. It was so gross. After the break out has calmed down, I learnt my lesson by not doing any sort of threading. Sadly, a few months back, I went to do my eyebrows. This time round the lady shaved the area around of eyebrows. TADAH... My skin happened again... I tried facial, but it didn't work. And I was told by my friend that if you do facial, you have to be consistent. I wish I could be consistent but nah... I don't have the money for that. I tried using honey, but it gave me little red spots on my cheeks. So I stopped using honey. I tried using BENZAC AC 2.5% and it helped to kill the cystic acne I had between my brows. But my skin was left with red marks and my forehead is still breaking out... FWAHHH so annoying. But anyway, sorry for being long winded. I have been using freshly squeezed lemon juice for every alternative days. I have noticed that when I sleep with lemon juice on my face, I do not wake up in the morning with an oily face. I could see the red marks on my face getting slightly better, but still noticeable. I only tap it on the spots on my face instead of my entire face though. I'm not sure if lemon will entirely get rid of red spots or acne... But I will continue using it and update again. You should give it a try:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Shaylene08

Hi everyone! My name is shay, I am 26, and I want to share my Acne story. I grew up with horrible acne all over my face. You couldn't touch a single spot on my face that didn't have a pimple or cyst. They were painful and extremely embarrassing. I've been on birth control since I was 13 to help calm things down.. That hasn't worked. I've also been on EVERY antibiotic/topical/wash you can think of... Seriously, I think all I've done is create super pimples! Proactive worked for about a year... Then my super pimples broke through! This past year I have been in nursing school and the one thing I noticed was that we always cleaned wounds with saline (salt water). The past 6 months I have been using salt water on my face and I have been PIMPLE FREE!! Here's what I do:
* keep a roll of paper towels in your bathroom. Every morning as night follow this routine.
1. Soak paper towel in hot water (as hot as you feel comfortable with--don't burn yourself). Then just simply wipe he grime off of your face.
2. Sprinkle a dime sized pinch of sea salt-- not iodized! I prefer Mediterranean, it Atlantic has been doing the trick haha. Pour a little bit of water into the palm with the salt.
3. Rub salt and water together.
4. Pat your face with the salty water.
5. Let it air dry. That's it! Don't wash it off. Yes, your face may feel slightly gritty, but it's a lot better than having pimples everywhere!

---- due to all of my pimples growing up, I have several scars on my face. Tonight was my first time rubbing a raw lemon on my face, and I already see a difference.

*** if you're looking to clear up your face, TRY this routine. It was the best thing I've ever done! No more stupid co-pays at the dermatologist, no more prescription refills, no more expensive over the counter crap.

Good luck everyone!!

9 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by harrietlouise99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using lemons after reading all the reviews. I was quite sceptical, as normally I don't believe in any of this natural product hype. I prefer the expensive creams! But I have a little acne scarring and nothing else was working. Trust me, I didn't think this would either but...

My god!! TWO DAYS of using lemon juice on my face and I already see a difference - didn't think that was possible!!

I use it as a nightly toner, a few drops of undiluted lemon juice on a wet cotton pad. Normally I wake up with very oily and dull skin - not with lemon!

My skin is softer, smoother, less oily, but more importantly (and more unbelievably) - it's more even and glowy.

i have combination skin but the lemon didnt dry it out because it was diluted.

FANTASTIC!!! Even if you don't believe me, just try for a couple of days...lemons are super cheap so you won't lose out and you'll be happy to eat your words, like I am!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by LolaDeathblossom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have some pretty bad acne scars/marks. Not really 'pocket scars' as much as the marks. It's all reddish-brownish. I used to have acne and got that under control (Still get the occasional pimple) but I HATE SCARS.

Anyway, I haven't used it yet. I plan on leaving it at room temp for some time to get more juice, slicing it in half and then rubbing it on the scars (may include a few layers). No diluting because I'm afraid it wont work :P

Then I'll leave it overnight and repeat every night for a week before updating this again. I'm counting on this because of all the reviews. I'll be really disappointed if this doesn't work :(
25/2/13

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by ibeforee

Omg. Lemon juice is HG as a nightly toner. Brightens the skin and helps with scarring and keeping breakouts at bay. Love it, will use forever

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by jasmind123

I first used lemon juice for my acne/acne scars about 3 months ago for about 4 weeks.I did see a good improvement in the redness on my face,and it helped reduce breakouts,even my family noticed! But when i started to break out again i freaked out and stopped using it.I'm going to give it another shot,by using it as a toner under my differin gel every nigh.It may sting a bit,but for me it didnt sting much.Just be sure to not put your skin directly in the sun,so its best to do it before bed and wash it off,or leave it on overnight.Hope this helps! Will update in a few weeks :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by roar00

Please try lemon juice with caution!!
Unfortunately, my ultra sensitive and acne prone skin broke out with red bumps and white heads. I even broke out in areas I never break out at such as under my nose area and forehead. I had to use aloe vera to soothe the red bumps and several nights of oatmeal/yogurt mask to calm it down as well.

never again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by lolakissxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've always heard about lemon working for pimples and any scaring on the face, About 2 months ago I tried lemon juice (from the bottle) and honey mask let me tell you that honestly made me break out more.. Wasn't impressed so I ended it with lemon, Recently my skin has started to break out more and nothing's working, my skin leaves acne marks behind as well I cannot stand it, So tonight In the fridge was a huge bag of fresh lemons so I decided it to give it another shot with no honey this time, it's still on my face as we speak! Already I notice a change in my skin tone it's brighter and more even, my pimples have gone down in size too!!! I will be leaving this on overnight and update in the next days to tell you what lemon has done for me :)
UPDATE: pores are way smaller! Skin is brighter and glowing more even toned, can't believe it!!! Using it as a cleanser as well! So worth it everyone needs to try this

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Jpznsoul415

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lemon juice is a great cost effective way to treat hyperpigmentation. I have tried many expensive serums and creams that claim to diminish dark marks. I have noticed some improvement with these products but often experience breakouts or irritation. I recently switched to MyChelle products with marked improvement in the overall tone,texture,and appearance of my skin.

I added in lemon juice to my routine and noticed immediate results! I rubbed a slice of lemon directly onto my cheeks where I have hyperpigmentation after using the MyChelle white cranberry cleanser. There was some tingling present although it was very tolerable. I then applied my serum and moisturizer and went to bed. The next morning my skin was extremely smooth, shiny, and had a great glow. Some of the scarring did appear lighter. Amazing!! I am going to continue this lemon application 3 times per week. I am realizing that less is more and keeping things simple and natural are the best way to achieve healthy skin while eating well, exercising and drinking plenty of water.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by momshell88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So after using tons (and I mean tons) of acne products for my face, I finally decided to go the natural way and give the lemon juice a go. Here is my review thus far (been using for about a week)...
pricing : not expensive at all. if you decide to go bottle lemon juice or fresh lemons and squeeze them yourself, you're still only looking at a couple of dollars, at the very most

effectiveness : i had noticed a difference the very next day. no redness, little acne bumps i felt forming the previous day were non-existent.

"feel" of product : alot of reviewers had mentioned the lemon juice burning like crazy once applied. I personally have not experienced any burning. a slight tingle at most, and some itching. the juice is NOT supposed to be an excruciating burn. If it is, its too strong and needs to be diluted.

skin after use : i normally have dry skin, and then with that get dry patches in cold weather. since using the lemon juice i feel as if my skin has been "restored" i havent had any over drying (which a lot of other reviewers have experienced) and no more dry patches.

and the reason this didnt receive 5 lippies is because if you dont use this consistently it becomes ineffective. let me explain... my routine has been at night cleanse my face with a gentle cleanser (Cetaphil), then I continue onto a lemon juice and sugar scrub for exfoliating, and then just apply another layer of lemon juice as you would toner and I leave it on over night. morning comes, and i use the Cetaphil again and apply the lemon juice toner before any of my makeup. well this morning i was being lazy and decided not to apply the lemon juice and by the end of the day had a bunch of little acne breakouts all over my cheeks.

all in all, i love the fast quick fix it gives to redness and acne.....but not happy with the fact that i missed half a day of the regimen and ended up with a face full of acne again.