January 27, 2015 | 1392 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Itsabbiee

I bought this due to the great reviews and I always see it used on youtube. I really like it over a primer as a base. I like to use it alone for my inner corner of my eyes. It is a nice subtle color, which I love. The consistency is strange but it is still a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by underage

This is my second paint pot and I absolutely love it! I love shimmery highlight colors so this is perfect as a base for all my shimmery lid and inner corner colors. Perfect! My only complaint is that it has a weird chunky texture at first but you can smooth it out easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by tring010

The most gorgeous shimmery colour. Perfect when worn alone as an eyeshadow or when used as a base. This product is so versatile and I feel it would work with any skin tone. I use it almost every day all over the lid with some black winged liner. It's perfect for brightening the lid with a lovely sheen. Only downside to this product is that it does dry up - I have had my pot for about a year and it is beginning to dry around the edges.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

love love love alone or as a shadow base,perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this strictly as an eye primer, and I love it. It goes on smooth and shadow lasts 8+ hours without creasing. I know others say this is useless as a primer, but it works amazingly well for me. Lovely pearlescent sheen that really makes colored shadows pop, without being garish. If using this as a primer, go with a very thin layer. I use this only as a primer, but it could be worn alone or as a browbone highlight. It is a very pretty pearlescent champagne color. Packaging is the typical MAC Paint Pot round glass jar with black screw-on lid. I use this and Painterly and honestly I prefer this one. Very nice and will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by xvheathervx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I try to blend a different color onto my crease and the outer corner of my lid, my base color starts rubbing off. This product is worthless as a primer. I couldn't even use it to see how long it actually lasts. The color is so light, I can't imagine this working as a shadow by itself. For MAC, this is very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A white-gold eyeshadow base. Looks good under most neutral. I sometimes like to use it to highlight :) But it isn't the best at holding eyeshadows on for me, I don't know why. I might try a matte paint pot after I finish this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by kierkieramazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! This paint pot is so versitile! I use this everyday on my eyelids. Sometimes i wear it alone, but you can also top it with a powder eyeshadow (alot of the time i would use naked lunch by mac). It stays on and doesnt crease, even if you dont use a primer. It can also be used as a highlight for your browbome, cupid's bow, cheekbones, etc. If you are skeptical about this product then i recomend just going out and buying it. Mac has a great return policy so if you don't like it you could always return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by dayoung1016

MAC's BARE STUDY PAINT POT.
I thought this was a good product, however it wasn't amazing. As I found it was a little bit too shimmery for my small eyes. Fortunately, I have tried this on my friend who has very big eyes and it looked absolutely amazing! It makes your eyes pop out and especially if you have blue or hazel eyes. It is also a good base/eye shadow primer, I usually use my neutral colours such as half baked from the naked palette and it looks gorgeous. I would buy this product again but I wouldn't use by itself! Thank you for reading xxdylxx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I feel no need to look any further for an HG cream eyeshadow base, because this is it. Primer and base in one. I don't feel the need to look at the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liners, UD Shadow Pencils, or anything else. MAC Bare Study and Soft Ochre are my staples, and they are what I will continue to buy, forever and ever amen.
I think everyone knows what Bare Study looks like, so I won't go into detail about the shade. Simplistic but beautiful neutral champagne beige with gold shimmer. I've had mine for about a year, and I'm so relieved that it hasn't started to dry out, or separate itself from the container. That means I take care of my makeup. :) But no seriously, with paint pots, all you have to do is make sure the lid is not only closed, but closed very tight, after each use.
I don't know how others use their paint pots for them to crease, but mine never crease on me....EVER. The only minor problem I have is that it dries very quickly on me, for some reason, so if I want to apply another thin layer on my eyelid, I'll have to work rather quickly (maybe it's because I have somewhat dry skin on my eyelids?).
I can use Bare Study with anything, and it just makes the color appear so much more vibrant and gives it more depth (as with any base; what more do you need, really?). It creates the perfect canvas, and lasts all day until I take it off at night with makeup remover. Could this be used alone? My answer is yes, but it's a very subtle, low maintenance color, so building up the color is absolutely necessary. Would I purchase this IF I ever ran out? Absolutely. I would repurchase it the SECOND I ran out.