September 20, 2014 | 1774 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Sleek Look Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by 0o

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All in all, a very good conditioner. It moisturizes my hair and makes it sleek. It is a perfect compliment to the sleek.look shampoo. My only drawack is the high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by lawi16

Been using this stuff for years! Love it! You can buy it off of Ebay for cheap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by queenisabelle29

i used this conditioner with the matching shampoo to help straighten my normally thich wavy hair. this combo makes it easier to flatiron and makes it much smoother overall. this conditioner left my hair veru soft and smoother than most normal conditioners do. followed up with phytodefrisant, my hair was easier than usual to flatiron. this product is loaded with silicone which is how is makes my hair so smooth. normally, i prefer botanical hair care products but i actually like this chemically loaded conditioner. if i were to use this prduct on a regular basis, i would alternate it with a different shampoo and conditioner becuase i thnk my hair would begin to get weighed down with repeated use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 6:36:00 PM More reviews by vickaaayy

It is a salon shampoo so its a bit pricier than normal shampoos and I have naturally straight hair but I feel like it is extra smooth and soft with this conditioner. I also have bleach highlighted hair so this keeps the color pure and pretty. i like it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does smooth and soften your hair, but it also has a lot of silicone in it, therefore I have to use every now and then and clarify. It smells good, and you only neen to use a little bit to get the job done. I prefer this over the matching shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

please see my review for the shampoo. yes, this does build up and i don't recommend it for long term use, but damnit if it doesn't smooth the hell out of my hair! my virgin asian hair is very coarse; each strand is so thick that if you cut it, it sounds like you're cutting a baby's nail; and the coarseness causes it to curl when it's naturally stick straight... so it poofs like crazy. i use this when i ABSOLUTELY NEED smooth straight hair, for special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Along with the shampoo, this conditioner is a BEAST! Very moisturizing and very concentrated.
It has lots of silicones, but it's called Sleek.look after all, and is specifically targeted for people who heat style and want humidity protection, so this fact shouldn't really surprise anybody. It really does leave hair sleek and full of tons of shine though. I haven't noticed any weight with it, but overtime, it left my hair feeling coated with dry ends, so clarifying is definity needed with this. It's not exactly the most conditioning thing you can use. Oh, and about the smell: I totally agree with forgetfuljones, that it smells like "straight chemicals", however I love it! 9/10

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2007 3:05:00 PM More reviews by angiepie44

Love this conditioner...I like the smell but I guess that is personal preference. This detangles wonderfully..just massage in you hair and pooof you can run your fingers or take a comb to your hair and it glides through without hassels. I wash my hair every other day and do not find that my hair is any oiler then normal...I totally love this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2006 10:20:00 AM More reviews by thebigtrout

Horrible, smells terrible and did nothing but dry the heck out of my hair. Instead of smooth and sleek it felt tangled, dry and like it was coated with crap. It just was horrible. They really need to work on the formula, but the smell is just so bad, that even if it worked, I wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 1:16:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

2nd. Update: I no longer use the sleek.look shampoo, just the conditioner. I think the sleek.look shampoo is better suited to someone who washes every day or has very coarse hair, but I only wash 2 or 3 times a week. Plus, my hair isn't *very* coarse, just dry, so the conditioner tends to build up a bit too much for me when I use the ultra-gentle sleek.look shampoo. I now pair the sleek.look conditioner with paul mitchel's shampoo one (which works well as a clarifier for me) every time I wash, and my hair is like the first time I ever tried sleek.look every single time I wash/condition. If you've tried this line but have issues with build up, I highly suggest using a more clarifying shampoo for great results. Update: Few weeks later, and I am still loving these products. I have completely ditched all of my smoothing products except maybe one serum for days when I blow dry. Most days, I air-dry my naturally wavy hair, and these products save me sooooo much time in the morning. No more sectioning and applying smoothing serum to keep frizz away. I just shampoo, condition, comb, go. I can't wait to try the styling products in this line! These are definitely my new HG's =). Do note that these products are intended to "build-up" smoothing ingredients on the hair, so you may prefer to use a clarifying shampoo once per week if it becomes too heavy for your tastes. *Original review*. All I can say is WOW! =) My hair type: long, medium thickness, slightly wavy but blowdries straight nicely when humidity is low but usually very frizzy in humid months, very dry due to a full highlight, "combination" meaning my scalp gets greasy after 24 hours but the ends are always dry. I normally use Redken Allsoft products (for probably the past 3 or 4 years) and I like the softness they supply, but I am very frustrated with constantly having to apply smoothing serums (I normally use redken smooth down heat glide) to my hair every day for extra smoothness and shine. It seems that even the very moisturizing Allsoft products just cannot smooth the rough cuticle of my hair enough, and to make matters worse, I live in humid gainesville, florida (they don't call it "the swamp" just because of the Gators..it really is a swamp here!). I've heard and read so many good things about the Sleek Look product line, that I finally decided to try it and see if it really does smooth the hair. To really test it's smoothing ability, I used only the shampoo and conditioner today (no smoothing or styling products at all), and I am very, very impressed! I only flipped my head over, did a rough blowdry, put it up in a little bun to "cool" this morning, and everyone has been commenting on how great my hair looks today! It still has body but is completely smooth and shiney, no products required! I can definitely appreciate anything that saves me time getting ready in the morning, so I'll be sticking with this stuff at least through the entire bottle. This conditioner made my hair feel like silk in the shower, exceptionally smooth, and I really enjoy the fresh, citrusy scent. Do note, however, that it is intended to deposit silicone and smoothing ingredients on the hair, so it doesn't rinse completely "clean" in the shower. I suspect this is normal. At this point, I am ready to repurchase indefinitely, but I will update in a few weeks if I notice anything I don't like.