August 1, 2014 | 1793 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by roxygirl234

Great alone or with eye make up. Cut down on creasing by 90%

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this- it gives amazing color payoff! Buuuuuuut unfortunately this was too dry to be used on my lids! I always used a littttte eensie weensie bit of eye cream before applying and that seemed to help, but I only use this for colorful eye looks anymore. I haven't had an issue with this drying out (in the pot) as of yet, but I have heard of people having that problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Phyrne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Evens out the lid color providing a very polished rosy nude look. Enhancing the color of eyeshadows worn on top. Powdering slightly over after application improves staying power. I wouldn`t recommend wearing another eyeshadow base underneath as then the formula gets pasty emphasizing every single wrinkle you don`t even have yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by MissMissyPerez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great base.
I use this as an eyeshadow primer and it works great.
The colors stay vibrate and they do not crease. My eyeshadows also blend very nicely on top of this.
This formula is very think so you can totally wear it alone without any eyeshadows on top of it which is great.
Just like everything i have used of MAC products - a little goes a long ways.
You dont need to put a lot of this product on for it to work.

If you store this away for a while, it will dry out and then there is no saving it. Make sure you store it upside down and it will help lock in the moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by eramsey568

In my opinion, this product is WAY over-hyped. Since I have oily eyelids, most eyeshadows crease on me, including Painterly. I also don't like how it can emphasize dry eyelids. It is also more on the dry side, thus, being hard to blend. It is a good base, but it is something I can definitely live without.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this as an eye shadow base almost daily and have never found anything as good. Used to use Cliniques touchbase but this far superior plus you get 5x as much product.

HG prduct! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is alright. It does nothing for the longevity of shadows, this stuff creases really badly on me without primer underneath. What I do like it for is days when im not wearing a lot of makeup, just mascara, and want to make my eye lids look more even in colour. Its an okay product...I can see why a lot of people will like this but plaid old primer is just fine for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I caved and bought this. Its a good neutral base colour but its not as creamy as other paint pots I have. Idk why, maybe because its matte and my lids can look crepey if I use too much. Ill use it up but I don't think ill buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by macamania

Love this paint pot! I used it very often as base for my eyes. It will create a great canvas for eventual colors on top of it. But i will never use it alone, as the color is a little pinkish for my puffy lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

Uh-oh guys. I hit pan today for the first time with my painterly eyeshadow pot. Yes, I know MAC is expensive... but I use this shadow every single day (only needs to be applied once with primer), and I have had it for about 7 months and am just NOW hitting pan. I suppose I have another 2-3 months of fulltime use before its gone... Anyway, it may be expensive- but it pays for itself with the quality. I wish people would understand that with makeup (as with most other things in life)- you get what you pay for. I can go buy wet-n-wild yes, but I wont get the deep pigment of color, a good quality product that lasts all day without creasing or will i get a sturdy pan that will never break or allow your shadow to fall apart. Its a no brainer!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No