October 20, 2014 | 1584 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - IV Styler (all sizes)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have SUPER curly hair, and not the same curl all around. I cut it from almost waist long to shoulder length, and now I have a cute curly bubbly cloud around my head, which is fun, but not always the look I want. I'm going to get the global keratin treatment tomorrow (also called a Brazilian, but not THAT kind of Brazilian) which will relax but not straighten my hair. To do that, I need a flat iron too, so off to Sephora I went. I got the pink breast cancer support IV. Could I wait to try it? Of course not. I also got the GHD thermal spray stuff, and I started flat ironing. It did not make my hair straight, but honestly, not even a blow out does. I'm left with waves, a bit of curl, no frizz, and I LOVE it. After I get the Keratin tomorrow, using the flat iron should make my hair straight. I was flat ironing for at least 30 minutes, and the iron is light enough to not cause arm strain, is easy to handle, and I had no problems with where the controls are placed. The cord is long enough to easily maneuver the iron. The pink is pretty! I don't own a hair dryer, curling iron, but now I have a $250 flat iron! If you get the pink kit, it comes with two bags, two hair clips, and a small brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by horchata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

best straightener ever! perfect for my curly hair and also perfect to make waves. Heats up in 3 seconds and does the job perfectly. The rolls royce of straighteners and no need to spend extra money on a curling iron if you have this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this straightner for a little more than a year, I use it every single day and its just great!!! I love how is heats up in seconds and if I happen to leave it on it will turn off on its own, I really love this product, I bought it at sephora, and used a 20% discount which was great cus it is very expensive!, I think if it ever stops working I will buy another for sure, but in a different color if they have any at the time, because black is so plain, but very classic, but I would want a pink one or white, but anyways. This straightener is the best I have ever owned and I wont change it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

time saving, heats quickly
I have VERY thick and course hair and have literally over the years purchased high end flat irons such as the CHI and the SEDU hoping for great results. The CHI fried my ends, and the SEDU worked ok, but in the end it didn't control the frizz. After my CHI broke I decided to get the GHD. I must say it's worth every penny!!Here are the basics:
*Literally heats up in less then 30 seconds
*Doesn't scorch the carpet or bedding (whatever its resting on) even at its hottest
*I have thick course hair, and have to run it through each section MAYBE 3 times tops
*NO FRIZZIES!!!!
*My ends aren't nearly as frayed or fried like the others tended to make them
*Shuts off after about 20-30 min, so if you're in a rush and you realised that you left your straightener off as you head down the road...no worries about coming home to a half burnt down house :)
Totally worth every penny -- I've had mine for three years and it still works just as good from the day I got it -- no random scorching hot spots or worn areas...I've heard people have had it for over 5-7 yrs and its still going strong!!
ONLY Negative...Sometimes my strands get caught in the panels...its rare, but the only negative thing I could think of

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by 3lisab3th

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my GHD! I bought a pink one in late 2008 and it still works perfectly. I have had my fair share of straightening products and styling tools, and this is hands-down the most effective flat iron. The only negative comment I have is the location of the on/off button. I've burned myself a couple of times trying to turn if off because I was in a hurry. Other than that, this product is ideal.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by jendesouza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've owned a GHD since I was 14 years old (I'm 18 now). I'm on my 2nd one now. this first one died on me during the 2nd year but being young and foolish i really wasn't taking very good care of it (like packing it away while it was still hot). I take extremely good care of the one i own now and have never had any problems with it what so ever. i use it to curl, add texture and straighten! However, over time it has taken a toll on my hair and made my hair really dead. Overall i love this product and can't live without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by violetsiva

I bought this from costco.com for $163. I wish It had come with a heating pad and case. Right now I'm being ghetto and am using a pot holder to keep it from burning my countertop. I have shoulder length hair and it takes about five minutes to do my hair when it's already dry. I don't have to go over the same piece of hair more than once. I don't get frizzy hair even when it's raining outside. It looks and feels soft even when I have a bunch of product in it. Every day is a good hair day with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by barbeep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Wow! I love my GHD. It heats up so fast, straightens my coarse frizzy wannabe curly hair so nicely and it makes it shiny. I love that I have to go through one section of my hair only once. It was not cheap, but it is totally worth the price. This is one of the few things that is cheaper in Europe, I paid only 138$ (original! I checked the code :)) on www.feelunique.com, including shipping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

I was very lucky and i got this as a birthday present, i think i was 21 or 22 when i got it. I took me ages to really use it regulalry, because i used to just get away with blowdrying and i am an expert blowdrier :P

over the years i use it to to create lovely straight hair thats soft and shiny and bouncy curls. I have used friends hair straighteners (non GHD) and was not really happy. the non GHDs dont heat up as fast and talk about not even getting hot! takes ages to get your hair straight and forget about curls! they non GHDs you have to go over you hair a few times to achive that really dead straight look. curls are a breeze to do as well! and the curls can last you like a whole day!

these days i probbaly reach for my ghd a few times a week when i want to strighten out the bottom half of my hair. I have asian straightish hair, so i avoid straighening the whole thing,otherwise i have flat hair.

all in all i have had my GHD close to 7 years and its still alive, still heats up quickly and still does a fab job, still in mint condition too. Ive dropped it heaps of time on tiles and its still ok! if anything all i find now is the outside barrel gets hot if i leave it on for too long. My fingers burn a bit. I cant remember if it used to do that. I'll still keep on using it until it dies!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:33:00 AM More reviews by kmoanig

When I first bought this flat iron I just about cried at how much I spent. But trust me, it is worth every penny.

I have been using it almost every day for over 2 years, and I have never had a bad hair day. As long as you shower, completely dry, and comb each section before you straighten your hair, nothing can go wrong. I have had a Chi before, and at first I got the same results as the GHD, but after 4 months it started make my hair really static-y and frizzy.
I have never had a problem with my GHD, it works the same today as it did the day I bought it. My hair is flexible, shiny, and healthy looking. I don't even use product anymore. (Even though I haven't had my hair cut in a year and have massive split ends, you can not tell.) I get compliments all the time.

I will never be able to buy another brand of straightener again<3