GHD IV Styler (all sizes)

4.6

ummm ceramic duahhh

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Expensive but doesn't put me off because they are the perfect hair straightener and have lasted forever. Incredible product; a lot of people's HG including mine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

H.G. with a capital H and a capital G

My Holy Grail of not only straighteners but this is my HG hair product!

I have shoulder length fine hair, but so much of it is can be just a frizzy or static mess.No matter how many products I used, what kind of ceramic hair dryer I tried, my hair would stay frizzy (not curly or wavy, just thick frizz)

I have had my GHD IV's since Christmas 2007 now and have never looked back. Not only is my hair finally straight, but it's soft, silky and shiny. I really think these have actually improved the quality of my hair! It also keeps the volume quite well. I no longer need lots of serums or conditioners - no longer needed. I have even cut my hair shorter since and tried out other styles knowing these will keep my hair in check!!

I never thought of trying these for the price and tried others around the 30-40 range which didn't really work and I finally got these off my parents for Christmas. Now I know why these are so expensive and think they're actually worth the price. The first week of using them everyone kept commenting and even asking me if I'd been to the hairdresser that day.

on 5/20/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

First of all let me start by saying I am not new to flat irons. I've been flat ironing my hair for almost 10 years now, always with a Chi. My original Chi was "destroyed" by my new lovely puppy earlier this year and my mom took pity on me and bought me the ghd IV from Sephora. My best friend has one as well, and she seems to be happy with it.

I'm giving this 2 lippies because it does work and seems to be good quality... but this is where it ends. This seems to be one of the MOST over-rated appliances I've ever used and it does not get my hair as straight as my old original Chi.

It started okay... straightened my hair, etc, but i would notice some waves or curls coming back in after about 8 hours with some FRIZZ. I should have seen the signs because more recently my hair is breaking off at ear level. It makes part of my hair so straw like that it is difficult to pull a brush through it. Granted I have fine hair (a ton of it) but I do use thermal protection products. Top of the line ones at that. I am beyond disappointed, and frankly put out that my lovely hair has been ruined by using this for the past 4 weeks.

I am so glad to be a Sephora shopper since they are willing to let me exchange it. FYI, the manager at the store said same thing happened to her mother, with the frizz and eventual breakage!!! My fellow MUA gals with fine hair, be aware!

on 5/20/2010 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

I have SUPER curly hair, and not the same curl all around. I cut it from almost waist long to shoulder length, and now I have a cute curly bubbly cloud around my head, which is fun, but not always the look I want. I'm going to get the global keratin treatment tomorrow (also called a Brazilian, but not THAT kind of Brazilian) which will relax but not straighten my hair. To do that, I need a flat iron too, so off to Sephora I went. I got the pink breast cancer support IV. Could I wait to try it? Of course not. I also got the GHD thermal spray stuff, and I started flat ironing. It did not make my hair straight, but honestly, not even a blow out does. I'm left with waves, a bit of curl, no frizz, and I LOVE it. After I get the Keratin tomorrow, using the flat iron should make my hair straight. I was flat ironing for at least 30 minutes, and the iron is light enough to not cause arm strain, is easy to handle, and I had no problems with where the controls are placed. The cord is long enough to easily maneuver the iron. The pink is pretty! I don't own a hair dryer, curling iron, but now I have a $250 flat iron! If you get the pink kit, it comes with two bags, two hair clips, and a small brush.

on 5/19/2010 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

best straightener ever! perfect for my curly hair and also perfect to make waves. Heats up in 3 seconds and does the job perfectly. The rolls royce of straighteners and no need to spend extra money on a curling iron if you have this.

on 5/18/2010 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have had this straightner for a little more than a year, I use it every single day and its just great!!! I love how is heats up in seconds and if I happen to leave it on it will turn off on its own, I really love this product, I bought it at sephora, and used a 20% discount which was great cus it is very expensive!, I think if it ever stops working I will buy another for sure, but in a different color if they have any at the time, because black is so plain, but very classic, but I would want a pink one or white, but anyways. This straightener is the best I have ever owned and I wont change it :)

on 5/14/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

time saving, heats quickly
I have VERY thick and course hair and have literally over the years purchased high end flat irons such as the CHI and the SEDU hoping for great results. The CHI fried my ends, and the SEDU worked ok, but in the end it didn't control the frizz. After my CHI broke I decided to get the GHD. I must say it's worth every penny!!Here are the basics:
*Literally heats up in less then 30 seconds
*Doesn't scorch the carpet or bedding (whatever its resting on) even at its hottest
*I have thick course hair, and have to run it through each section MAYBE 3 times tops
*NO FRIZZIES!!!!
*My ends aren't nearly as frayed or fried like the others tended to make them
*Shuts off after about 20-30 min, so if you're in a rush and you realised that you left your straightener off as you head down the road...no worries about coming home to a half burnt down house :)
Totally worth every penny -- I've had mine for three years and it still works just as good from the day I got it -- no random scorching hot spots or worn areas...I've heard people have had it for over 5-7 yrs and its still going strong!!
ONLY Negative...Sometimes my strands get caught in the panels...its rare, but the only negative thing I could think of

on 5/8/2010 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love my GHD! I bought a pink one in late 2008 and it still works perfectly. I have had my fair share of straightening products and styling tools, and this is hands-down the most effective flat iron. The only negative comment I have is the location of the on/off button. I've burned myself a couple of times trying to turn if off because I was in a hurry. Other than that, this product is ideal.

on 5/7/2010 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've owned a GHD since I was 14 years old (I'm 18 now). I'm on my 2nd one now. this first one died on me during the 2nd year but being young and foolish i really wasn't taking very good care of it (like packing it away while it was still hot). I take extremely good care of the one i own now and have never had any problems with it what so ever. i use it to curl, add texture and straighten! However, over time it has taken a toll on my hair and made my hair really dead. Overall i love this product and can't live without it!

on 5/4/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this from costco.com for $163. I wish It had come with a heating pad and case. Right now I'm being ghetto and am using a pot holder to keep it from burning my countertop. I have shoulder length hair and it takes about five minutes to do my hair when it's already dry. I don't have to go over the same piece of hair more than once. I don't get frizzy hair even when it's raining outside. It looks and feels soft even when I have a bunch of product in it. Every day is a good hair day with this!

Popular Hair Styling Tools