July 28, 2014 | 1013 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by frando

I recieved a free sample of it with a magazine and although the effects themselves are brilliant; lightens, lasts and does have a nice scent. But the product itself, the tube you get, (£18-21.50) just doesn't seem reasonable.

With all Benefit products I feel that I'm paying more for the packaging then the product.

I have, although, found something the spitting image of it on Amazon with all the same claims and well at about a quarter of the the price. Awaiting its arrival.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I bought this after a makeup demonstration at a BeneFit counter. At the time I was really impressed by it because it seemed to do what it said on the tin - it brightened up my conmplection. After finishing the tube I'm not sure I'm still as enthusiastic.

As with all BeneFit products it's beautifully packaged and quirkey. I actually really like the scent and it soon fades after application. As for any actual visible differences it makes to my appearance I am scratching my head. At best it makes my foundation stay on longer but I don't find it as brightening as Clarins Flash Beauty Balm or as good as the newest BeneFit primer to be released - Porefessional.

I find it overpriced for what it does and for that reason I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by MsDZ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in a gift set (BeneFit's the Big 10). I wouldn't purchase it on it's own because of the smell. It is not necessarily an unpleasant smell, just too much (raspberry scented). I am prone to migraines so I am very sensitive to different product scents and I had to be very careful applying this because if I applied below my cheekbones I could smell it and it would be overbearing.

I am fair skinned and did like the light pink glow/sheen it gave but would only purchase this if they made it unscented and lowered the price a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by taynicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product yesterday. I put it on this morning and it the smell and the feel of it on my skin really woke me up. Has a very fresh scent. For me it did even out my skin tone and make my foundation last all day. I only wish that this came with more product because it was quite expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Fizzabella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this with my magazine and was quite intrigued when i first opened it.
The colour of it was pink and I could see shimmery flecks in it. The smell was really nice too.. a kind of bubble gummy candy floss scent.

The actual product didn't really too much when put on my face.. i didn't see a difference however maybe i didn't apply it right.
(I applied it on my cheekbones, forehead, cheeks, and tip of nose)

The packaging of it was very nice and colourful though.

Apparently, the product retails for £15 normally which I don't think is too steep to pay for something if it worked, but it doesn't on me. (skin shade NC25)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to be because it's not a primer and it doesn't highlight. It's just some pink-tinted, slightly sparkly, candy-smelling goo. I'm pretty fair and I can't really see any difference when I put it on, no sheen, no sparkle, no boost, no smoothing, no evening out of skin tone, no nothing. On the plus side, it didn't break me out, but that's about all that can be said for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by r053v8

I like this product as it gives skin that light airy feeling when you put it on, not too heavy, didn't feel cakey, and lasted me the whole day.The smell wasn't bad either. It also brightened up my face quite a bit. I enjoyed the texture. Comes in really cute packaging. My fave Benefit product! I think this product works more on lighter complexion though, as when I went tanning, it didn't brighten up my face as much as when I was a bit more pale. Will definitely buy again!.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by spa76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was nothing special, and definitely did not live up to my expectations. I'm normally attracted to Benefit products because their packaging is so nice and everything looks great! But don't be decieved, because this was just a disappointment. It broke me out like crazy, and barely added any lasting "brightening". It looked good for a while, then seemed to do absolutely nothing for my skin. I have found that you also have to use an excessive amount to get any real results, which is a big con. It sinks into your skin without doing much, and feels a bit sticky. If you are easily prone to breakouts, I don't reccomend it. Not worth the money. . .just not worth it period.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by megalvarez

I really enjoyed That Gal primer. It gives a soft light skin and helps keep oiliness for several hours. I'll certainly buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

A few months back, I splurged way too much at Sephora and made quite a few impulsive buys. This was one of them. I paid too much for a product that BARELY brightens the complexion, as it states. Upon application, yes there is a noticeable brightening effect. It loses its lustre quite quickly though, and instead of holding my foundation in place, it makes me appear much more oily than I really am. The packaging is cute, I like the light scent, and it does have a nice, smooth application. But that's not enough to impress me. It's supposed to prolong the wear of your makeup and give you an extra brightening glow. It fails miserably at what it CLAIMS to do. I will never repurchase.