November 26, 2014 | 1151 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sasflynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was shocked to see this listed as a primer/corrector as I really use it for it's highlighting/dewy sheen creating properties. OK, so it is technically a primer and sometimes I do use it this way but I almost feel it's nicer (and more cost effective) on the cheekbones and cupids bow for some sheen. It's very light, easily blendable and looks great on pale skins like myself, although it could maybe turn a bit ashy on darker skin tones I imagine. As with everything from benefit it is overpriced but used correctly it'll last you well over a year and the packaging is great, you can easily get out a small or large amount without any wastage. I'll buy it again for sure, although they have a more pearlescent one I want to try first.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this product is so overrated. Not enough product to begin with, really doesn't make my foundation last any longer and not impressed with the ingredients. Rather stick to Laura Mericer primers.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by alsturner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this as part of the Confessions of a Concealaholic kit, and I love it. I normally use it when I'm not going to wear much makeup. Has lasted me about a year despite only being a 7.5ml sample. Gives a lovely pink hue on my cheeks. Smells really nice, like fruit (maybe strawberries?) and the consistency is like strawberry mousse- thick, but easily spreadable.
Only con would be the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by HVW

I’ve never bought a primer before but wanted something that would help my foundation to last longer and that would brighten up my complexion when worn alone. The good things about this product are the packaging (it’s easy to get the correct amount of primer out), the texture (light, slightly shimmery) and the smell (sweet and bubblegummy, but not overpowering). Unfortunately, it does absolutely nothing for me. It doesn’t brighten my skin, it doesn’t disguise any imperfections and it doesn’t make my foundation last any longer. I dabbed it onto clean, dry, moisturised skin and it just vanished – melting into my skin in a way I’ve seen other reviewers mention. Primer shouldn’t do that! And this stuff had no brightening effect at all.

Considering the price this is extremely disappointing – you’re paying a premium for nice packaging and a substandard product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by frando

I recieved a free sample of it with a magazine and although the effects themselves are brilliant; lightens, lasts and does have a nice scent. But the product itself, the tube you get, (£18-21.50) just doesn't seem reasonable.

With all Benefit products I feel that I'm paying more for the packaging then the product.

I have, although, found something the spitting image of it on Amazon with all the same claims and well at about a quarter of the the price. Awaiting its arrival.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I bought this after a makeup demonstration at a BeneFit counter. At the time I was really impressed by it because it seemed to do what it said on the tin - it brightened up my conmplection. After finishing the tube I'm not sure I'm still as enthusiastic.

As with all BeneFit products it's beautifully packaged and quirkey. I actually really like the scent and it soon fades after application. As for any actual visible differences it makes to my appearance I am scratching my head. At best it makes my foundation stay on longer but I don't find it as brightening as Clarins Flash Beauty Balm or as good as the newest BeneFit primer to be released - Porefessional.

I find it overpriced for what it does and for that reason I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by MsDZ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in a gift set (BeneFit's the Big 10). I wouldn't purchase it on it's own because of the smell. It is not necessarily an unpleasant smell, just too much (raspberry scented). I am prone to migraines so I am very sensitive to different product scents and I had to be very careful applying this because if I applied below my cheekbones I could smell it and it would be overbearing.

I am fair skinned and did like the light pink glow/sheen it gave but would only purchase this if they made it unscented and lowered the price a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by taynicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product yesterday. I put it on this morning and it the smell and the feel of it on my skin really woke me up. Has a very fresh scent. For me it did even out my skin tone and make my foundation last all day. I only wish that this came with more product because it was quite expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Fizzabella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this with my magazine and was quite intrigued when i first opened it.
The colour of it was pink and I could see shimmery flecks in it. The smell was really nice too.. a kind of bubble gummy candy floss scent.

The actual product didn't really too much when put on my face.. i didn't see a difference however maybe i didn't apply it right.
(I applied it on my cheekbones, forehead, cheeks, and tip of nose)

The packaging of it was very nice and colourful though.

Apparently, the product retails for £15 normally which I don't think is too steep to pay for something if it worked, but it doesn't on me. (skin shade NC25)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to be because it's not a primer and it doesn't highlight. It's just some pink-tinted, slightly sparkly, candy-smelling goo. I'm pretty fair and I can't really see any difference when I put it on, no sheen, no sparkle, no boost, no smoothing, no evening out of skin tone, no nothing. On the plus side, it didn't break me out, but that's about all that can be said for this.