BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.2

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

I love the smell of this product, it smells absolutely delicious. And the packaging is genius, easy to apply and small enough to carry around without it getting lost.
Sometimes i wear this alone (or over POREfessional) and i love the warm glow finish.
On the downside, it doesn't seem to last very long in the summer weather since i sweat and my t-zone gets really oily after a few hours. Also the price is a bit high.

on 9/8/2012 6:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had a sample size of this product to try so I can't comment on the packaging but overall this was a decent product in my opinion. I wouldn't purchase it again because when I am super pale or not that tan the color can make my face look a tad bit pink or orange so I think I would like this product better if it was clear or not pigmented. I have only tried a few primers in the past and have found that they don't work at all but this one really did make my makeup last all day...and I sweat alot when I work somedays! I just wish it wasn't pigmented....I'm not sure dry skin would like this but combination to oily is probably ideal. I will say that this did not luminate my skin at all. It did before I put on foundation but after that all shimmer/ luminating qualities were gone. This primer has made me want to try other primers out there.

on 9/4/2012 11:42:00 AM

I am majorly disappointed with this product. It is way overpriced and has actually made my foundation run more than if I didnt use it. And judging by the reviews on here, I am not the only person to think this. How can they still sell it when it is clearly substandard? Laura Mercier is by far the best primer. It has made me want to steer clear of all Benefit products as I feel cheated.

on 8/28/2012 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

received this as a sample with a magazine so im relieved i didnt pay the high end price for it.

there is nothing about this product that i can even rave about.... at a push i would have to say the consistency feels good but thats where it ends. it does nothing to prime AT ALL and there is no highlighting property to this product either. heavens only knows how this is meant to prime....have benefit even seen a primer from mac or any of the other goodies to see what a primer is actually meant to do??? judging by this product i would say NO.

i dont even particularly like the overly girly packaging. it reminds me of barbie makeup and thats just not for me...in fact, the majority of the benefit products are packaged rather "childlike" IMO and i would appreciate some more sophisticated, practical packaging from benefit. anyway, avoid this product, its just not worth anything!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm really not impressed with this AT ALL. The only thing I like about it is the scent because it's a nice pick-me-up in the morning. But after a month, I didn't notice a change in the look or feel of my skin or the wear of any foundations. I actually believe it made 2 of my foundations slide more than they would have without it. I don't recommend this product and would not repurchase it.

on 8/15/2012 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a small tube sample of this, so it was squeezed out of a tube instead of what the full size product is like. I felt this was just like a normal moisturiser; it does nothing to prime my skin for makeup, and doesn't brighten my skin. Sometimes I put it on and I wonder why I'm even bothering! It really doesn't make any difference to my makeup, whether I put it on or not... so I won't be buying this!!

on 8/8/2012 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love BeneFit products and they are always packaged so pretty and girly. This was the first primer I had ever bought. It runs on the expensive side, I paid about $30 at Ulta, but I think you're paying more for the packaging than the product itself. It says it's a brightening face primer. It made my makeup last all day but I didn't really notice a brighten effect. It smells like strawberries and fades as soon as my foundation is applied. I am still on the hunt for a face primer that will make my foundation stay all day and brighten my face as well. I will finish this primer, as it was $30. I will not repurchase.

on 8/5/2012 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was shocked to see this listed as a primer/corrector as I really use it for it's highlighting/dewy sheen creating properties. OK, so it is technically a primer and sometimes I do use it this way but I almost feel it's nicer (and more cost effective) on the cheekbones and cupids bow for some sheen. It's very light, easily blendable and looks great on pale skins like myself, although it could maybe turn a bit ashy on darker skin tones I imagine. As with everything from benefit it is overpriced but used correctly it'll last you well over a year and the packaging is great, you can easily get out a small or large amount without any wastage. I'll buy it again for sure, although they have a more pearlescent one I want to try first.

on 8/3/2012 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

this product is so overrated. Not enough product to begin with, really doesn't make my foundation last any longer and not impressed with the ingredients. Rather stick to Laura Mericer primers.

on 8/3/2012 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as part of the Confessions of a Concealaholic kit, and I love it. I normally use it when I'm not going to wear much makeup. Has lasted me about a year despite only being a 7.5ml sample. Gives a lovely pink hue on my cheeks. Smells really nice, like fruit (maybe strawberries?) and the consistency is like strawberry mousse- thick, but easily spreadable.
Only con would be the price.

Popular Primer/ Correctors