October 23, 2014 | 1883 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Virtuose Divine Lasting Curves & Length (Courbe Virtuose)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara, especially when used with lancome cils booster xl. Sexy, flirty lashes. Held the curl of my eyelash curler well, only a slight difference when applied on its own vs any other mascara. The tube youd think would be good for a curved brush, but I had trouble sometimes actually getting it to close all the way leading it to dry. Problem though, it made my lashes kind of hard. But overall a good mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Bulabalabibi

love the curved brush to get those little 1s right at the outer edge! 1 coat for casual and 2 for nights out... doesnt do much for lengthening tho... its not the easiest mascara to get off but it DOES eventually come off after taking off a lash or 2 each time.. the tube dries out pretty quick tho -.-"

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I'm pretty impressed with this mascara - it dries quickly, lengthens dramatically AND volumizes slightly with the curved brush. I can't really comment on the color, as my lashes are black naturally. It's very easy to apply, again because of the curved brush, and doesn't require too much combing. I'd like something with more volume still, so this isn't HG, but it is nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by satin828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This mascara was great. I've always wanted to try Lancome mascaras and this one didn't disappoint. Initially I didn't like the curl brush but now I prefer it over the straight ones. It made my lashes super long and even curled them a little. Not too much volume though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

This is a review for the GWP I received, and I'm glad I didn't spend any money on it b/c it's just not for me. The one thing I liked is that it seemed to curl my lashes a teeny bit, and I have stick-straight Asian lashes that grow downward. Unfortunately, there are many things I didn't like: (1) I'm not a fan of the curved brush, which had uneven amounts of product on it, which in turn dumped clumps of mascara on some of my lashes and didn't deposit any mascara on other lashes (2) the mascara on my lashes dried too quickly, which made it difficult to get my lashcomb through (3) lashes look spiky, dry, and feel brittle (4) mascara smudged on my upper eyelids (5) there isn't any "lusciousness" to my lashes (I know this mascara's main job isn't to volumize but I need my lashes to look somewhat plush). I guess this mascara does its job in terms of the curling aspect, but otherwise, it just wasn't for me. I'm sticking to my (thus far) HG: MF Volume Couture.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by LBinNH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a GWP initially. Didn't think I'd like it because I don't like curved brushes. This mascara was a very pleasant surprise. Most mascaras take about a week before they will really show up on your lashes. This one started giving color and volume right away. It's the only mascara I've ever used without my Shesido base that will hold a curl. Pretty impressive. I would repurchase this again and I have!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Pebblez27

This is my HG mascara. I have sensitive eyes and all the other mascaras I tried before this would burn my eyes, not this one. This mascara is perfect for me. I have naturally long eyelashes, but this mascara does a great job of curling them, adding a little bit of volume (doesn't add a lot of volume- about 50% more). I hate the weird spidery look and this mascara is a happy medium between a natural look and a polished look. Love. Love. Love.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by principia

I strongly disliked this mascara. I need curl, so it seemed like the natural choice, however, it made my lashes straighter than ever, even with my curler. Mystifying! I exchanged it for plain ol' Definicils, which is not my absolute fave ever, but definitely better than Virtuose. I got a sample later on in a GWP and tried it again. Nope. Same results.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by hipolito201

This mascara is ok. It doesn't really curl my eyelashes but it at least it isn't overly clumpy. I have to wipe the brush off with paper towel before I use it though. Its not perfect but not horrible either.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by DaiBMui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of the worst mascara I've ever used. It's hard to coat each lash evenly with the brush. When you do manage to get it on your lashes, it clumps like crazy and the curl does not hold at all. Yuck.