September 16, 2014 | 2001 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Virtuose Divine Lasting Curves & Length (Courbe Virtuose)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Great mascara in every way... except my lashes started to fall out! If they hadn't, I'd give it lippies for staying power, colour, etc... but having lashes fall out even after removal is completely inexcusable. Hope it works for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by gi77

This mascara was marketed as the follow-up product for the discontinued Lancome Flextencils. In my opinion Flextencils was the best mascara on the market for length, curve and volume, so i had high hopes for Virtuose. Sadly, Virtuose is nothing special. The curved brush is a matter of taste. Personally i find it awkward to use and prefer a straight brush. However the real problem is the result Virtose delivers. It gives the same gloss, length and ease of application as any freshly-opened tube of mascara. Then after 2 weeks, it starts drying up and leaves lashes dry flaky and unimpressive. I switched back to my drugstore cheapy at this point. Now, for hygienic reasons mascara should be discarded anyways after 4 weeks use - which i never do, frankly. If you are happy with tossing out a top-price mascara after 2 weeks, then give it a try perhaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by anshort4angel

One of my great friends hardly wears any makeup and has the longest lashes i've ever seen, thought no one can tell since she never wears any makeup. I finally talked her into trying mascara and had herd great things bout Lancome so i took her to the counter. They applied it to her lashes and they looked so amazing that i had to get it too. I've always had problems with my mascara smudging underneath my eyes, but i always assumed that it was the shape of my eyes and my oily skin. NO WAY! This mascara stays on ALL day and i dont have a single smudge underneath (or anywear). It is definitely hard to remove but I expected that since that was one of the selling points the SA told me about. She emphasized the need for an oil based makeup remover (i use vaseline and it works like charm), plus i wear MACs Liquid Last which also can only be removed w.an oil based makeup remover. My lashes are bone straight and superfine (just like my [asian] hair) and this mascara definitely gives it a curl - a slight curl - but noticeable. I'll probably try curling my lashes next time first. It dries extremely fast which is a good thing but you definitely can't do more than two coats. I will definitely continue to purchase this after I'm out - i can't get over the fact that it doesn't smudge, i LOVE it and it's definitely my HG mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this new mascara, its really holds the curl of my lashes all day. I alternate this with waterproof mascara. Its like instant glue type of hold, you have about 20 seconds before it dries. It also builds volume and defines. I love the curl wand as well, haven't see anything like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by igrancea

I'm on my second tube of this already and it's become a staple in my makeup case. It's very easy to apply, it really does curl my eyelashes (without me having to) and keeps them that way all day. One coat of this makes my eyelashes really defined while also being "work friendly", and a second coat makes them more dramatic and ready for the night-life.
I found the mascara to be a bit runny during the first week of use, but I really fell in love with it after that when it reached the right consistency. It's also very long lasting, so you need a good dose of eye makeup remover to get it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2008 7:22:00 AM More reviews by tortoiseshellcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a week and so far I'm pretty impressed. I am obsessed with the idea of curling mascaras but was put off this one as it is marketed by Lancome as volumising more than lengthening and also it has very mixed reviews. But finally I decided to give it whirl and its a pretty good all round mascara. I curl my eyelashes first and then apply, using the back of the brush first and then applying a second coat using the inside of the curve. It does dry quickly so you can't really use more than 2 coats but I always find that with mascaras anyway. It does give pretty good length and volume-my only complaint is that it's not quite separating enough and maybe not as glossy looking as I'd like. But it does the job without having to use a mascara base and above all it seems to hold the curl!
Not sure it's quite as dramatic looking as I'd like but I don't think I'll ever be 100% satisfied with any mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by janeofthejungle

soooooooo.. i love lancome mascaras a lot...
i like this one.. doesn't flake makes my lashes longer. doesn't clump..
what's the problem???
well it's advertised as a curling mascara...
so i curl my lashes and apply virtuose and my lashes go straight
every time..
i got it in some gift pack for $55 with cil booster, a kohl liner and an eyeshadow i was going to buy any ways.. so i bought the whole kit and got a gift with purchase (kept the bi-facial eyemakeup remover and eyeshadow quad and gave the rest to moms with the kohl liner which she LOVES.. she's been trying out drugstore brands and she thinks all that tugging will give here wrinkles... she has none at 52)

anyways... it's definicils with a curb on the wand...that's it
it's a good mascara but it doesn't do what it's supposed to.. unless i'm not supposed to curl my lashes before hand..
but the lash curler is lancome.. and it's my favorite curler.. and it came gift with purchase...( i have three... i was going to give them aways .. but not any more)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I need a mascara that won't make me look like I have raccoon eyes and this fits the bill. It doesn't smudge or flake by the end of the day. My previous favorite is UD skyscraper, but it's too hard to get and flaked on me. I like this formula because it's foolproof to put on in the morning, and dries quickly and stays on all day. I'm not crazy about the curved brush as I think it's a big gimmicky thing, but I like how dry the formula is. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this mascara only 2 days and I am very satisfied with the results. Y have tried YSL (which is almost complete in the tube because it smudged and smeared under my eyes, and not impressive results at all - I bought YSL after the good reviews and was really disappointed), Channel, Diorshow (good results but it also smears under my eyes - not pretty by mid morning) and this is the first ocassion in a long time that a mascara doesn't smear or smudge under my eyes. It adds volume and lenghtens, not dramatic, only good for the day. I give it only 4 lippies because it seems a little bit dry. I had no problem taking it off despite its longlasting effects.

update 2 months later: won't buy again; after a few weeks it was dry and the effects were limited

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by tinnula

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been on a HG Mascara search for the last few years. A few months ago, I asked an employee at Sephora what she was wearing on her eyelashes (they were so long and curly that they looked fake) and she told me it was this. I had to pick it up. I liked it because it adds length and curl, but it is not the HG mascara that I'm looking for. It is VERY hard to take off and got really clumpy and smelled weird in the tube after just 2 months. Overall, a great mascara, just not perfect for me.