E.L.F. Essential Eye Shadow Brush

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/19/2013 9:16:00 AM

Like others have said, this brush is excellent for laying down or packing on color. Smooth, dense bristle head. My one complaint would be that some are loose at the ferrel. However for $1, just buy another or simply glue it. Maybe its appearance isn't the sleekest, but who cares?? It works great. I own several that I use with UD shadows daily.

on 1/18/2013 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best all-rounder eyeshadow brush! Even if you don't like it, it's only 1 USD...not much harm done. Thankfully, I LOVE THIS BRUSH. I bought 2 of it in my ELF haul recently.

I love how well it packs on color, but please do not use it like a blending brush. It's great for packing on color, not great with blending. Your eyeshadow will just look horrendously muddy.

Sure, there's shedding during the first few washes, but I don't expect much and I will eventually repurchase it because I really like how well it packs eyeshadows.

on 1/15/2013 11:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

how can you go wrong with 1$ make up brush that can help you pack on color so easily...even if it gets damaged you can always replace it for just one buck

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I usually use my sigmas or coastals or macs. i bought this product from target, and i bought about... 3 of them because they were only $1.
i actually really like this product, the first time i used it a few hairs came out and i was upset, but it didnt stop me, i kept using it and realize it works pretty well.. picks up pigments very well, and i can apply it easily.

i would definitely buy this again, i would buy a whole bunch of their brushes because i like them (especially the black studio ones) they are coming out with new brushes so im very happy for them and my pocket lol

on 12/29/2012 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I use this eyeshadow brush daily and I think it does the job fairly well for such a bargainous price. Its bristles are soft and not too rough which is nice as the eye area is delicate. I would definitely need to go back and repurchase some more as this is my go-to eyeshadow brush. I knocked a lippy off as sometimes I wish my brush was a little more dense, however this could vary with the different batches they produce.

on 12/23/2012 8:01:00 AM

I got this one day just to try out the elf, I usually use Mac brushes. It was horrible, all the brush hairs started falling out after one application. Fortunately I love some of the other brushes they have but this one will NOT be a do over. The only good part was its only $1

on 12/1/2012 3:49:00 PM

When I got this brush I didn't like it at all. Mine has quite short bristles, they are about 1/2 the length of my other eyeshadow brushes (although I think brushes can vary quite a bit) and isn't practical to lay down colour all over the eye.
But this brush works extremely well to place colour along the lash line and to smudge eyeshadow/liner. This is now my favourite brush from elf. Its only flaw is that is sheds hair when washed but I'm planning on ordering another few as I find it so useful.

Update: I ordered another brush and it's not as good. It's the same shape but with longer bristles and it's thicker. (More like a standard eyeshadow brush than my original). My original brush only has dark hairs and they're not really scratchy, but my new one has a mixture of colours and feels quite scratchy so I always my older brush.

Original Brush: 4 stars Newer Brush: 2 stars
Overall: 3 stars I suppose you can be lucky/unlucky depending what you get sent.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found this brush at Dollarama and was worried that for $1.25 at DOLLARAMA would be bad quality but it is NOT!! This is an amazing price for a great brush and and it picks up product very well! I will definitly repurchase this if they are still available a dollarama

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this eyeshadow brush. It's about the best you can get in a drug store brand, defiantly the best you can get for $1. I'm working on getting another one soon since my dog ate my old one. It picks up a lot of product & blends it good. I also have the elf blending brush & the eye defining brush.

on 11/26/2012 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I loved this brush. It took eye care of packing in the eye shadow I needed. Plus the brush was a dollar and that is the ultimate steal! But the problem I have is that within 2 weeks of using the brush, the brush actually broke and I couldn't use it anymore. The glue didn't stay for me to use it. The bristles worked out fine but the packaging actually really sucked. I would suggest buying the studio brushes over these, its an extra 2 or so dollars but it's better quality than this brush.