Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray

4.1

INCI Name WATER SD ALCOHOL 39-C POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID ISONONYL ISONONANOATE ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE SODIUM COCAMIDOPROPYL PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP PHENOXYETHANOL CAPRYLYL GLYCOL Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide DIMETHICONE PEG-7 PHOSPHATE GLYCERETH-5 LACTATE GLUCONOLACTONE SODIUM BENZOATE PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSS POLYMER ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE FRAGRANCE

on 8/24/2009 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this, and bought it while they had their BOGO offer, along with a few of the other mists they have in their product line.

This is the original one - I find this to be a lot better than MACs Fix+, and this is what I wanted Fix+ to be! It sets the makeup and makes it dewy, gets rid of any powdery look there might be on the skin. I find that my foundation lasts a few more hours than when I don't use this, so I think it's worth it :)

Feels very fresh when you spray it on your face after applying foundation too :D

on 7/28/2009 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

WOW. This stuff really works, and it's hard to explain how. It just does! It's in a plain spray bottle that makes it look like a cheap drugstore brand hair spray. But don't let its mediocre packaging fool you. You spray it on your face 1-4 times, and your makeup is set until you wash it off. I sprayed Skindinavia Makup Finishing spray 3 times all over my face in the day time (it was a hot day, in the 90's), went clubbing that night and fell asleep with my makeup on-I know it gross, but I was too exhausted and drunk=X. Anyway my main point is that the next morning, I woke up looking like I had just done my makeup. HG product for sure. Need I say more?

on 6/13/2009 4:51:00 AM

This product is the first HG product I've ever had! I love it because it simply does what it says - it keeps my makeup in place all day. I do use primer underneath foundation and setting powder on top as well, but I have oily skin and this still wouldn't keep my foundation in place for the whole day without this spray on top. It's an awesome product, I couldn't live without it!!

on 5/28/2009 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i got skindinavia oil control spray. I LOVE IT!! i have oily skin and i have fewer touch ups wit this product. however i do have to touch up my make up. The packaging is a bottle and pump, however the pump doesnt always work so i switched bottles. i would buy this product again

on 5/15/2009 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It works on liquid foundation. It sets it and keeps it together before it melts off my face. It cant be used on mineral makeup though - it separates it. Great buy will purchase again.

on 5/12/2009 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I dont really like this product.

Why? Because its meant to be misted over my makeup. When I do that it leaves little find water spots all over my face. When they dry you can see where they were.

In short it ruins the perfect finish of my foundation that I work work hard to create every morning.

Does it make makeup last any longer? Im not sure I noticed any difference. I live in humid florida but I have dry as opposed to oily skin so my makeup sliding off usually isnt a huge issue.

I dunno. Maybe I need to give this more of a chance. After reading all the positive reviews. I think I'll pull it out and try it again.

on 5/8/2009 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought the Oil Control version of the makeup finishing spray and got an original makeup finishing spray along with it. I prefer the original version, though neither did much to control oil or keep my makeup in place longer. IMO a good primer works much better. This stuff also did nothing to 'weather-proof' my makeup-- when it's raining outside I still end up with splotchy makeup (and I live in Seattle--so it's a big deal!). I'm still searching for an HG mattifier and makeup 'sealer'. I may try Ben Nye next.

on 4/15/2009 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow! This stuff is amazing! I stumbled onto it when signing on to MUA, and it was one of the reviews they were featuring at the time. I didn't even know I wanted or needed something like this, but after the reviews I HAD to try it. THIS IS WHAT HG IS LADIES! I am seriously considering going back through my product reviews and getting rid of anything that I said was HG, because now that I've really found one, I know they don't compare! The product couldn't be easier to use. You just spritz it on to your face (I use 3 and do it in sections so I don't miss anything!) after your makeup application and you're set. I use mineral makeup and it gets rid of the powdery finish. For the record, I have really oily skin and am prone to breakouts, and this has helped dramatically with oil production and has not caused a single breakout after a month of use. Since I started using this, I literally have had a compliment twice a week on my makeup or my complexion. A woman the other day asked me if I used airbrush makeup because it was so flawless. And belive me, it is NOT because I'm good a application or use expensive products. The only thing I've changed is this product. I was outside in the rain all day the other day, and my makeup didn't smudge or fade. I was at another outdoor event that was horribly overcast and just yuck, and every picture of me that day looked airbrushed and perfect. I am just still in awe of the product and what it can do. It just sets your makeup perfectly and makes it last all day, yet it's weightless and you can't even feel it. I think it's taken me from having to blot 3-4 times a day to 1, and that in itself is a miracle. I think everyone should own this product!! HG!!

on 4/6/2009 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Cool

First of all I have the oilyest skin ever! I thought this product would be a saviour when I found it on the internet and read the reviews. It's not bad, I still do get oil breakthrough and need to touch up my make up or pat down the oil. It has helped keep my make-up on longer just not what I expected. But I would buy it again, as it does give me a longer time without any shine. I do NOT like the bottle it comes in, it only gives me one spray and then cloggs up so I had to pour the solution in another spray bottle.

on 3/18/2009 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

of course this isn't a miracle spray, for those that have pretty oily skin, u will still not be able to live without the oil blotting papers in your purse. however, this product does help minimize or slow the surfacing of oil on ur face pretty well, so that u have bigger gaps of time b/w when u need to blot. it's a great product in that sense. as for the price, i think they could do better... i actually got lucky and got mine for $8 at an ulta clearance sale for this brand, which is the only reason i got it. for awhile i've been wanting this (due to the reviews on mua), but held back b/c of the full price $39 for the full size 8 oz. bottle.