July 31, 2014 | 2020 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Basilena

I love this product SO much. I always use a lip brush so the packaging suits me fine as well. I have Pucker ( a beautiful , universal, raspberry colour) and I also have Deep Sigh ( sheer bronze with a glowing ,rosy red sheen ). Both are absolutely gorgeous ( I am blonde with blue eyes). The formulation feels smooth and non sticky ( and it never gums up or leaves the dreaded white film ) - and the colour actually lasts a long time. This is definitely one of the best products to come out in a while . I want to get all the colours for sure .... and the spf 12 is an added bonus !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 12:51:00 PM More reviews by chelleeebelly

i bought this in hush, hush. and have been putting it on nonstop since buying it. its like crack, i can't stop. i want more. i plan on getting other colors asap b/c i have an uncontrollable fear that it will all sell out. makes my lips so soft and pretty. packaging is superb (i already dropped mine a few times and no effect to glass container) and this may sound extremely lazy but i LOVE the fact that the container is large enough for u to put it directly on you're lips (b/c i hate dirty fingers in my lipgloss but i sometimes apply it on the go). run out and buy some!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 6:33:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, MAC has not like knocked my socks off for a while now....until these! Beautiful colors, heavently starburst candy smell and such a perfect texture (thick, pigmented but slick). If they don't make these permanent I'm going to be very upset. I was just so impressed because I expected the Tendertones to be just like the TLC and basically another MAC scheme (MAC scheme means MAC whomping us with 484398 collections a month that are all LE so everyone feels pressure to buy EVERYTHING due to the fear that there will never be another chance). However the TLCs are just what they are (tinted balms) and the Tendertones are little pots of sweet cosmetic love.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by AUDREYNICOLE

Oh. My. Goodness. Do I LOVE these things!! I love everything about them from their taste, feel, the cute little packaging... I bought Pucker and Take a Hint so far, and I plan to get ALL of them. IMO they are the best lip product MAC has ever made, and I have tried them all. I have already emailed MAC begging them to make these a permanent part of the line! I will buy several backups of my favorite shades, and I very rarely ever buy backups. They feel great on my lips. Very soft and smooth. Not heavy or sticky at all. And living in Florida, the SPF protection is necessary for me. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Tendertones are just amazing!!

EDIT: After a week of using the 2 I originally purchased, I went out and bought Softnote, Shush, and Hush Hush and plan on getting Purring and Tender Baby. These are my new HG lip balm!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by tracita

Oh how I wish Tendertones came in a tube! I love love love this product...purchased Hush, Hush and Warm Smile for $14.50 each through the MAC website...so pretty on, love the fruity scent and the SPF12 is an added bonus. I hope they make these a part of the regular line-up but put them in a tube!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by NdcentXposure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Though I wasn’t planning on purchasing anything from this product launch, the quality and texture of the Tendertones definitely sold me. I purchased Softnote (lilac) and have been using it religiously since. They have a delicious fruity summery smell, and glide on with delicate washes of color. I especially love these because my son likes to kiss me on the cheek and hug my head, and these do not transfer color onto this face or clothing!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2007 6:54:00 PM More reviews by mjhaut

I love this product! It feels so, so nice on! I got it in SHUSH! and TAKE A HINT, both are really just beautiful. Take a Hint is, for me, the perfect soft pink... and SHUSH! doesn't show up green at all just has a very pretty soft sparkle.

I don't mind the packaging at all... in fact, I kind of like the little tub... so far the balm hasn't felt messy.

I highy recommend, and I hope that MAC makes this a permanent fixture!

added 8/12/07: I just bought a back up for Take A Hint! and am trying Hush, Hush. I love these!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by mollyv6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought the new MAC Tendertones and they are fabulous. They are limited edition May 2007 and retail for $14.50. These come in pots similar to fluidlines but they are bigger (but not as big as the tinted lip conditioners). They feel much better on than any other MAC lip product. They glide right on, a gel-like consistency, and don't gunk up like the lipsticks and lipglasses with the telltale white ring that some users get. They are very sheer with shimmer or glitter depending on the shade and they make a great base for other lip products. I think the staying power is pretty good for a lip balm and the ingredient list seems to have some nice antioxidants and skin conditioning agents including coffee seed extract, olive fruit extract, vitamin E, wheat bran extract, linoleic acid, and cholesterol. These have a SPF of 12 with the active ingredients being octinoxate 7.5%, octisalate 2.0% and avobenzone 1.5%. I am a lipgloss junkie and would definitely repurchase these for either a natural look or a base to other lip looks. Only downside is the pot, but I will use a lipbrush.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2007 6:42:00 AM More reviews by samiam1022

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just what I need, another lip balm. I have to admit though, that this is definitely one of the better ones I've tried and I'll buy more shades to replace other balms I currently have (including my MAC tinted lip conditioner). I have this in Purring which is a wonderful color for summer. It looks like true orange in the pot, but obviously looks much more sheer on the lips. Makes my lips VERY happy! It's conditioning without being greasy and the staying power is admirable for a balm. I did take a lippie off for the pot for reasons mentioned by previous reviewers, but it looks like I'll be forking over more dough at the MAC counter for other shades I must have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

I did NOT want this. I wasn't the least bit interested in another MAC lip conditioner when these Tendertones hit the stores. The other MAC lip conditioners I have only provided me with temporary relief before they went flat and left my lips in drier, flakier condition than they were in before. {blah!}
    I went to the MAC store to check out the Moonbathe Collection, but found nothing special there. A make-up artist insisted I try a Tendertone, and I figured, "What the heck?" I tried 2, and bought them both! HUSH, HUSH and TAKE A HINT were the two that appealed to me most.
    Unfortunately for my wallet, these Tendertones are sensational! They leave my lips so soft & healthy, I don't know what to do with them anymore! (Meaning, I used to be a lip-picker and a lip-biter... but now my lips are so soft & smooth, there is nothing there to pick or bite!) Plus, they have a little bit of sunscreen in them! (SPF 12) These have a pleasant, fruity, watermelon-type of fragrance when you first apply them- but then the scent and flavor quickly dissipate. They make your lips shiny (if you layer 'em), but most of all, they make 'em soft!
    I definitely want to mention that I think this is MAC's greatest lip conditioner to date. I just wish I didn't have to use my finger to apply them. (I really don't like lip products in little pots!) :oP You know, germs and all that stuff... not to mention, where do you wipe your finger when you're out in public???? :o) continued >>