July 22, 2014 | 2527 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by ashunbaybee

I used Bare Escentuals when I first started out with face/skin make up. However, as time progressed, I got really sick of having to touch up my face every two hours. Plus, my skin is combination, so it can get oily and dry, and on the dry days, the condition of my skin was very apparent. In addition, they have very few colors to choose from. The medium beige was too dark for my skin and the medium was wayyy to light. I would recommend this as a starter or for someone whose skin is not bad to begin with. Otherwise, I'd skip it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by karen2829

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using these products for YEARS. It took a few hit and misses before I got the right combination of medium & medium beige to perfectly match my skin. I will admit the packaging could be better but am willing to look the other way since I am getting such awesome results. For daytime I use a light hand but it's easy to build when you need more coverage. I have sensitive skin and have never had any break-outs from these products. To get the best results after using the foundation , use mineral veil and top it off with a face color such as glee.. It won't make you look too made up but it will just look like you have that something pretty about you ! VERY IMPORTANT ! Use the right tools this is a key to the success of these products !!Ps: I get all my products through ebay.. you can also find the sample sets there ! good luck !

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by mayarc87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The first few times I used I loved it. But then I noticed that I looked orange in natural light or very bright light.
It does not give much coverage and the acne got more red and noticeable when using it.
The package and the way you have to put in the lid to apply it is just terrible, waste product, and it gets makeup everywhere. Smashbox have a better package for their minerals that you twist the container and the minerals are crushed, it comes out just the right amount with no mess.
There aren't that many shades to choose from which I think is a mistake, there are many skin tones out there.
After a few hours of use I didn't have any makeup on, you have to keep reapplying and not just once but 2 to 3 times a day just to make from 9am to 5pm.
The only pro: it does not make you break out at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaElizabeth

Did not work too well when used to set a mineral foundation, surprisingly. I found it worked much better when paired with a liquid foundation, it set my makeup for a good 10 hours

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by c0rb1ere

I am just coming to the end of my starter set and think I have just got the hang of it. My initial experience was not that great - I found it really dried out and irritated my skin. After reading the positive reviews for the Elizabetha Arden mineral foundation here I bought some along with the brushes. I was not so taken with the coverage that gave me, but the brushes are lovely. They are so soft and the slanted design makes getting even coverage easier. I use the little one for extra coverage on my cheeks and nose. So I have used these for the past few days along with this foundation and I have been much more impressed with it. In conclusion - I can only assume that it was the brushes that were irritating my skin. If you are struggling with this, I would suggest giving it a try with better quality brushes and see if it makes a difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by ladyladybird

When I first started using these powders I loved the brand and thought I was converted. I liked the "airbrushed" look and it seemed to cover everything nicely. I also loved loved loved that it stayed on all day as I had never found makeup that lasted all day without needing touch up before. it is a bit of a pain to have to manage pots and powder, and I found it gets everywhere, I put up with it as I liked the results.
However, having now used it for 7 months I have changed my mind - I have the worst blocked pores ever, and little bumps all over my face, with one patch that never goes on my cheek which is totally new for me. I have not changed anything else and can only put it down to the powders or the brushes aggravating my sensitive skin.
I have gone back to clinique liquid foundation and within 3 days the bumps have reduced. Blocked pores still there but think with a good deep cleanse they will go.
So I am on the fence. Whilst I like how it looks on skin, way it lasts all day and can put up with slight hassle of applying it i am not sure it is great for my skin. Worth trying as am sure it is great for some people.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by hearts2787

This make up has really changed my life. I remember just 8 months ago i was reading these reviews thinking whether i should buy BE or not. BUYING BE HAS BEEN THE BEST DECISION I HAVE MADE IN MY LIFE. When i started using the makeup it was kinda hard to get use to and my skin felt like it was feeling alot of heat and it felty itchy and i was sweating alot for no reason (i think my skin was getting used to the change), however within a month of using it i could see improvement in my skin. Of course I also had a very intense skin regime to keep my skin free from breakout (i have suffered from moderate acne for the last 4 years). Before i had very bad pimples and cysts and i was using lots of non-mineral makeup to cover them up , which in turn caused more break outs...But after 4-5 months of using BE i now feel confident to NOT WEAR ANY MAKEUP!!! i only wear make up when i'm going out to clubs or parties etc.

I really believe that make up can either make or break your skin. And althought occassionally i still get small breakouts (esp due to stress), i would HIGHLY recommend this for anyone who wants to looks TOTALLY NATURAL, it just keeps improving your skin!! im looking forward to expending my BE collection and trying out all their products!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by janelb79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE bareMinerals!!! I've only been using it for about a month but I swear I'll never go back! I bought the 'Newbie Kit' on Sephora.com and got a great deal. You get 2 foundations, 1 mineral veil, and 1 warmth w/ a 'Mini Flawless Application Face Brush'. Granted it's a "newbie" kit and the products are all 0.03oz, but they last long. And you can't beat the price....$18.00 US!!!! I HIGHLY recommend this product to everyone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by eerielle143

I love bare mineral's foundation. They offer a variety of shades to suit everyone's skin tone. If you go to their website you will see a whole bunch of girls with different skin tones. Choose which skin tone is closest to yours and then you will know which shade to get.

The foundation is lightweight, not heavy like most foundations. It provides coverage and the foundation doubles as a concealer =)

Out of all the mineral makeup out there, I would ONLY purchase Bare Escentuals.

The mineral veil is the best. I love it. I tried the original and hydrating and it works so well over the foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Caroline825

I really like this foundation. I have acne prone skin that can be oily with some dry areas. I have been using this product for over 2 years and always seem to go back to it no matter what other foundations I try. Recently, I tried the Clinique Superfit Foundation with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish to set it. I just don't feel like it gives me the light, smooth, yet complete coverage that Bare Minerals does. I read about some people complaining that it doesn't stay very matte after a while and I agree. That's why I use the mineral veil during hot days to give me a nice, matte finish. The only reason I'm giving this product 4 lippies instead of 5, is that I find that the color selection isn't great. I would like to see more of a range.