Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 10/18/2009 12:23:00 PM

I have used MAC's Studio Fix for my podwer/foundation of choice for over three years, but when friends and family jumped on the Bare Escentals boat, I thought I'd give the mineral makeup a try. I bought the "starter kit (fair)," which turned out being too light for my skin tone. Also, the "warmth" was not a great color for me, however, with the kit, it's the only color choice you have. But I stayed on board, hoping it would change the quality of my slightly acne-proned skin, and decided to try the next shade up, "fairly light"--too yellow for my skin tone, and too expensive for not being a perfect color match but, again, I waited it out. As time passed and as the Bare Escentals associate promised me, I was hoping to see improvements in my skin's quality. FICTION! After about 5 months, I began to notice tiny pimples all over my forehead, temples and, well, pretty much all over my face. I was SO mad, and went back to MAC for my N4 Studio Fix. I told the MAC associate the reasons for my change--that I wanted something a little lighter and more natural--and he said, "Some things may be more natural, but MAC is made for the skin." He's right. I will never purchase anything from Bare Escentals again!!!

on 10/3/2009 7:37:00 PM

It's the worst stuff I ever put on my face. It will take me weeks until I will get rid of all the acnee and the white heads. I am sorry I ever tried it!

So bummed out after trying this product! I LOVED IT! Totally drank the kool aid on this one...bought the cleansers, the foundation, everything. Loved the foundation and the coverage it provided...but after about a week I developed these very small bumps...not red or anything, just bumps on my cheeks, nose, chin...had to discontinue use :( Maybe will re-try one day, in the meantime i'm going to give the new clinique superbalanced mineral powder a try and hope that their "allergy tested" product can give me better results...

on 9/24/2009 8:17:00 PM

I used Bare Escentuals when I first started out with face/skin make up. However, as time progressed, I got really sick of having to touch up my face every two hours. Plus, my skin is combination, so it can get oily and dry, and on the dry days, the condition of my skin was very apparent. In addition, they have very few colors to choose from. The medium beige was too dark for my skin and the medium was wayyy to light. I would recommend this as a starter or for someone whose skin is not bad to begin with. Otherwise, I'd skip it.

on 9/20/2009 9:49:00 PM

I have been using these products for YEARS. It took a few hit and misses before I got the right combination of medium & medium beige to perfectly match my skin. I will admit the packaging could be better but am willing to look the other way since I am getting such awesome results. For daytime I use a light hand but it's easy to build when you need more coverage. I have sensitive skin and have never had any break-outs from these products. To get the best results after using the foundation , use mineral veil and top it off with a face color such as glee.. It won't make you look too made up but it will just look like you have that something pretty about you ! VERY IMPORTANT ! Use the right tools this is a key to the success of these products !!Ps: I get all my products through ebay.. you can also find the sample sets there ! good luck !

on 9/14/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The first few times I used I loved it. But then I noticed that I looked orange in natural light or very bright light.
It does not give much coverage and the acne got more red and noticeable when using it.
The package and the way you have to put in the lid to apply it is just terrible, waste product, and it gets makeup everywhere. Smashbox have a better package for their minerals that you twist the container and the minerals are crushed, it comes out just the right amount with no mess.
There aren't that many shades to choose from which I think is a mistake, there are many skin tones out there.
After a few hours of use I didn't have any makeup on, you have to keep reapplying and not just once but 2 to 3 times a day just to make from 9am to 5pm.
The only pro: it does not make you break out at all.

Did not work too well when used to set a mineral foundation, surprisingly. I found it worked much better when paired with a liquid foundation, it set my makeup for a good 10 hours

on 8/23/2009 3:49:00 AM

I am just coming to the end of my starter set and think I have just got the hang of it. My initial experience was not that great - I found it really dried out and irritated my skin. After reading the positive reviews for the Elizabetha Arden mineral foundation here I bought some along with the brushes. I was not so taken with the coverage that gave me, but the brushes are lovely. They are so soft and the slanted design makes getting even coverage easier. I use the little one for extra coverage on my cheeks and nose. So I have used these for the past few days along with this foundation and I have been much more impressed with it. In conclusion - I can only assume that it was the brushes that were irritating my skin. If you are struggling with this, I would suggest giving it a try with better quality brushes and see if it makes a difference.

on 8/16/2009 10:48:00 AM

When I first started using these powders I loved the brand and thought I was converted. I liked the "airbrushed" look and it seemed to cover everything nicely. I also loved loved loved that it stayed on all day as I had never found makeup that lasted all day without needing touch up before. it is a bit of a pain to have to manage pots and powder, and I found it gets everywhere, I put up with it as I liked the results.
However, having now used it for 7 months I have changed my mind - I have the worst blocked pores ever, and little bumps all over my face, with one patch that never goes on my cheek which is totally new for me. I have not changed anything else and can only put it down to the powders or the brushes aggravating my sensitive skin.
I have gone back to clinique liquid foundation and within 3 days the bumps have reduced. Blocked pores still there but think with a good deep cleanse they will go.
So I am on the fence. Whilst I like how it looks on skin, way it lasts all day and can put up with slight hassle of applying it i am not sure it is great for my skin. Worth trying as am sure it is great for some people.

on 8/13/2009 11:15:00 AM

This make up has really changed my life. I remember just 8 months ago i was reading these reviews thinking whether i should buy BE or not. BUYING BE HAS BEEN THE BEST DECISION I HAVE MADE IN MY LIFE. When i started using the makeup it was kinda hard to get use to and my skin felt like it was feeling alot of heat and it felty itchy and i was sweating alot for no reason (i think my skin was getting used to the change), however within a month of using it i could see improvement in my skin. Of course I also had a very intense skin regime to keep my skin free from breakout (i have suffered from moderate acne for the last 4 years). Before i had very bad pimples and cysts and i was using lots of non-mineral makeup to cover them up , which in turn caused more break outs...But after 4-5 months of using BE i now feel confident to NOT WEAR ANY MAKEUP!!! i only wear make up when i'm going out to clubs or parties etc.

I really believe that make up can either make or break your skin. And althought occassionally i still get small breakouts (esp due to stress), i would HIGHLY recommend this for anyone who wants to looks TOTALLY NATURAL, it just keeps improving your skin!! im looking forward to expending my BE collection and trying out all their products!!!