TheBalm BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

4.2

Aqua, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer/Isohexadecane/Polysorbate 60, Styrene/Dvb Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate [+/- Ci 77891, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499]

on 4/3/2012 3:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this in med & i thought ah man its going to be way too dark but after putting it on & working it into my skin it isn't too terribly off and i don't even have my summer coloring yet. If i add powder you can't tell its too dark at all, and i checked in all sorts of lighting. Coverage is average for a TM in my opinion and this doesn't leave me oily yay! This is only the 2nd TM ive found that doesn't make me look icky, shame its so expensive but you do get a huge tube for the price. Not sure id repurchase due to the price.

on 3/31/2012 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

colour: it has an orange undertone therefore i'd say it's pretty fit for asian--at least for me:) it does oxide n go dark after application, so if u r not sure, always go for a lighter shade

coverage: very sheer, after all it's a TM, so dun expect too much. it gives u a brighter n even skin tone

packaging: love the soft-tube(?) packaging, very convenient n vintage

* i hv oily skin n i live at humid n hot place, surprisingly it stays all day long n does not make me break out(but maybe some blackheads...not sure)

on 3/21/2012 3:14:00 AM

Fool proof! This is my favorite tinted moisturizer. Compared to the Stila and Urban Decay TMs I've tried, BalmShelter goes on smooth as butter. Easy to apply, easy to blend, nice light-medium coverage. I've stopped breaking out since using this.

It goes on kinda real shiny but gets matte-er as it dries. Still, minus one lippie because I need to set it with powder or else I get shiny again midday.

on 3/12/2012 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

The 2nd ingredient is Isopropyl Myristate which is listed as a 4 or 5 on the comedogenic list. Avoid if you are prone to acne.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely am in love with this product. It provides the coverage of a beauty balm and is as light as a moisturizer. I have super dry skin so I always wear tinted moisturizers. I had been hooked on the E.L.F TM but I saw this at Sephora and had to have it! It does make your face look oily (NOT dewy) so I have to set it with a translucent powder (TheBalm's Sexy Mama), but that is the only issue. I love this soooo much and is definitely my holy grail TM. I have the shade medium (I'm in shade NC20 from M.A.C) and it is really deep but since spring is coming, that's what i want, so I won't have to use a bronzer. It is super blendable and makes my skin feel sooooooooo good. Plus, you get a lot of product for the price (2.15oz for $25). I would buy this even if it was 60 dollars, I love it so much. I definitely reccomend this to everyone and I will be purchasing it again once I run out!

on 3/8/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really like this tinted moisturizer. It is lightweight, yet provides enough coverage for a polished look on those lazy days when you don't feel like wearing foundation. When my combination skin feels dry in the morning I just put this on, set it with transparent loose powder, and I'm ready to go. I have to set it with powder but that's because I get oily/shiny easily throughout the day. I bought this off of Ebay for 14 bucks, which I think is cheap considering you get more than 2oz. Recommend! For reference, I am an NC30-35 and first I tried medium, which was WAY TOO DARK. Medium/light is perfect!

on 2/23/2012 7:22:00 PM

love love love this TM, it's my HG product, I have some dark spots on my chin due to cystic acne and I find it that this TM covers them pretty well for being a TM. It is very moisturizing and it last all day as long as I use powder on top. I haven't had any breakouts while using this product (Though I do still have hormonal breakouts on my chin during that time of the month) I absolutely recommend it. I have been using this product daily for two months and I haven't had to repurchase yet, there is still quite a bit left in the bottle.

on 2/19/2012 12:40:00 AM

I recently started using TheBALM products and cannot understand why this brand isn't more hyped up. I've loved everything I've tried and this is no exception. This has such a lightweight coverage and is never oily at all. It soothes my skin when it's irritated and evens out my skintone beautifully. This looks so natural like I'm wearing nothing and just have naturally awesome skin. This is the best tinted moisturizer I've tried. I'd call it more of a BB cream IMHO. Love it!

on 2/8/2012 10:51:00 AM

This is just great!! :) I have good skin (with freckles) that can look a bit pale and dull, so I really like the concept of a TM. But to find one that I like is a different story. The most ones I've tried I found to be too greasy/ masky/ chalky/ off-colored/ overly fragranced/.... Not this one. It goes on very smooth, looks very very natural and feels totally lightweight. Don't know about the moisturising qualities because my skin doesn't really need that. At least it's not drying. I would say the finish is a satin/dewy matte. The coverage is sheer, which I like because I want my freckles to not totally disappear. All in all a great product, try it you won't be disappointed! Note: IMO the color runs a bit darker than you'd expect.
EDIT: Still in love! <3 Out of curiousity I've tried other ones (mainly BB creams), but keep coming back to this because there's just nothing better. I use the light in winter and the medium/light in summer when tanned.

on 2/5/2012 2:43:00 PM

This doesn't break me out. Just like any other tinted moisturizer, it doesn't have that great of coverage. So, if your trying to cover acne or redness then this wouldn't be the right product for you. I have a couple zits and some redness around my eyes and nose and I just cover it up with concealer. This has spf18 which would be great in the summertime. Overall I like this product.

Top Rated TheBalm Products