September 23, 2014 | 1962 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Miggi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After years of searching for the perfect tinted moisturiser, I can now say that I have found it! I purchased light/medium and it's perfect for my skin tone. Gives a very natural polished look to the skin, and as the previous reviewer mentioned, it does help cover the dark circles (won't cover them however if they are extremely dark) I don't even need to use concealer anymore. In winter, I found that this alone was not enough, so I used my vitacreme B12 underneath and it works great together. This tinted moisturizer comes in a plastic tube which is hygienic and makes it easy to squeeze out the right amount. It is very smooth on application and not greasy at all. This is my HG tinted moisturizer. Love TheBalm Shelter.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Mrs15Heb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG tinted moisturizer. I have it in light-medium and it is perfect for my skin. It feels like a light-weight foundation but the pigment or whatever the color of it is somehow really manages to cover redness extremely well and even helps with undereye circles. I can get away with using my garnier anti-dark circle roller under eyes (and any touches of concealer on blemishes) and this over and just powder/bronzer/blush and i look like i have perfect skin and like I'm not wearing foundation. I have combo,sensitive, acne-prone skin leaning towards being flakey and dry. This TM is very moisturizing and although I do use it over a primer, I believe I could get away with putting it on my bare skin if in a hurry. I love that it is in a squeeze tube, it is easy to control the amount. I like to apply thiis with a stippling brush over my fingers just my personal preference, I feel like fingers just don't give the smoothest finish...I only use about a dime/nickel size amount and I just dab a few dots on any areas of my face that need the most coverage and then using my stippling brush I just swirl it all over, it blends in seamlessly and is so comfortable to wear. I reallly love this TM!
UPDATE: CONTAINS ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE (among other highly comodegenic ingredients) - HIGHLY COMODEGENIC = BREAKS ME OUT LIKE CRAZY AND CLOGS PORES! (reference, www.cosdna.com)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by marylevesque

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Scooped this up at TJ Maxx. Great price for higher end brand cosmetic.

Nice slip for application. It is a TM and coverage is appropriate for TM. Has good staying power.

Bought light to medium which is a good match for my skin. Love TJ Maxx for TheBalm.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by road2lane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because I wanted a paraben free alternative to my Laura Mercier Oil free TM. Though I will still use that if I have anything important to go to. While for me nothing is (better) than LM this stuff is pretty damn good!

I got It in light and I use nude or bisque in LM. I love the texture and feel of this TM.
Its light weight and dewy
Its a pretty good price as well
I bought mine from Sephora in the USA and it has no castor oil or paraben.
I will let you know if anything changes with this as I am trying out a few new ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by snailmail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just keep coming back to this. It is thick enough to be a foundation, moisturising enough to be a moisturiser and has enough sunscreen for our harsh Australian sun. I use "light" and the colour is really nice on my porcelain skin. I would say that this is a yellow based foundation and is very flattering. It is buildable, but is never cakey. The finish on my skin is satin. I also use the concealer from The Balm. Excellent products!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS A GOOD TINTED MOISTURIZER I have two tinted moisturizer, one is the bobbi brown, which is YELLOW.
and this! I have this in light medium and it's really good,quite sheer ( good for me cause i don't need coverage) and it's not sticky and it's just good! light coverage, non sticky, non irratating and CHEAP WAYYYY cheaper then the bobbi rbwon one!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by augustclems

This is the best tinted moisturizer I have used so far. It does not go on streaky like the LM ones and is very easy to apply with my fingers, which makes the application process quick, easy, and basically fool-proof. The only negative I have is the amount of coverage, which is very sheer. It is good for someone who's looking for very little coverage and something that is very lightweight. I, conversely, need something to cover my horrid hyperpigmentation! I will definitely come back for this one after a few microdermabrasions to get rid of my red spots. It did not make me break out, cause me to be oily, or dry/flake up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by sara942

I'm extremely picky about makeup-- I refuse to wear anything that doesn't seamlessly disappear into my skin and look completely natural. With that said, I would give this TM a thousand stars if I could. I discovered these at my local TJ Maxx for $12.99, but even the full price ($25) is a steal for the 2+ oz size! It has a thick, creamy consistency with a silky smooth, dewy finish. Not runny, drying or greasy. Very blendable, streak-free, natural-looking medium coverage, even when applied by hand. It never flakes in dry areas or settles into fine lines, even on my dry skin. In fact, it's the only TM that I can wear without moisturizer underneath (except in the winter), but it still feels pretty lightweight. It stays looking fresh all day and won't rub off, but it's easy to remove at night. If I set it with the theBalm's Sexy Mama powder in the morning, it stays shine free until evening; otherwise it gets shiny by the afternoon. It has a sturdy, hygienic squeeze tube that doesn't leak. It's formulated with no parabens, mineral oil, pthalates, artificial fragrances or shimmer, so it never irritates my skin. The shades tend to run a bit dark...the light shade is just light enough for my light olive skin (though I did use the light/medium shade in the summer when I was tanner). The shades also have a very neutral undertone to them. The one bummer is that the SPF is a little low, and chemical-based, but I just use a lightweight SPF moisturizer underneath (love Josie Maran's). Great product all in all though-- better than any other TM I've tried. I've been wearing it for months and I keep getting compliments on my skin! It won't make you feel greasy in the summer heat (even during a 5k event!) or cause breakouts, either. I hope they never discontinue this because it's my HG!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by marywebgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a nice big sample of this from Sephora to try. The first week was great. I was using it without setting it with powder like I do with my usual TM to see how it did as far as greasiness, and it really wasn't too bad at the end of the day. The coverage wasn't fabulous, but I don't need super coverage with TM. So the second week I put a little of my yellow Clinique mineral powder on my t-zone and...I broke out. I've been using this powder for probably a couple years at this point and it's never made me break out before, but the combo of it and this TM did it. So I moved on to another TM sample. Due to the lack of greasiness this might be good to try if you have oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by maradeguzman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Meh, this made me really oily strangely. Ugh this makes me feels like my face is sliding off! It also gives my face a very orange-y tint to it which I do not like because I do not like looking like an oompa-loompa. I think it also made me break out a bit. I really wanted this to work for me especially with all the nice reviews about, but sadly it didn't.