December 18, 2014 | 1043 users online

Loose Powders - Kryolan - Anti Shine Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by TwoPointers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am one greasy grease spot, especially in summer. I have been jonesing to try this powder for awhile and finally purchased some off of Ebay. Tried it today for the first time. (85 degrees with about 65% humidity - so not a terribly hot day but definitely summer time!)

I came into my gainful employment from my non-gainful employment (working with horses) and so had to put a quick "business" face on. I did a quick wash of my face in the restroom before applying any of my makeup, but not a true "deep clean." I applied the Kryolan powder first to hopefully take off that shiny shine before applying the rest of my face. I am happy to say that the Kryolan powder worked great. NO oil breakthrough at all even 8 hours later, and again, this was on a face that had been outside working for several hours before application.

I will agree with the other reviewers though, that if you have ANY dry or flaky spots, it's going to bring those out. However, if you are really oily all over, this stuff is going to matte you out just fine.

I only uncovered the "sifter" inside the container by 1/2 to prevent the big POOF of powder that usually comes with these types of containers and used a big kabuki brush and not the included puff. I don't feel the very light color of the powder made any impact and felt it blended in well.

But again, I will stress, I really think this powder is going to work best if you are super oily as a rule, not if you just sometimes have to touch up your T-zone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyGal

Update: I'm changing my mind about this product and giving it 5 lippies because it's bloody good at controlling shine. I think I was using a little bit too much of it before and that's why it clung to areas of my face and in reality I am more combination skin than super oily. I now only use it on areas that need that extra oil control and it works perfectly. I still love my Kryolan translucent powder, but this is great for summer, hot days and going out till the wee hours of the morning. :)

I liked this product at the start because the powder is fine, and it really did control my shine. However, I am only giving it three lippies and I wouldn't buy this again because I found that it does cling to dry spots on the face. I exfoliate and moisturise but it still clung to spots on my face. I am sticking to my Kryolan Translucent powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mspotatohead

I would probably give this product more of a 3.5 stars than a 4, but that's only because it's not as good as my HG powder, Almay Oil Control/Oil Blotting in Translucent (which, like all drugstore products that I love, was discontinued several years ago; however, I purchased probably 2 dozen compacts at the time on some website that I found, so I still have a couple left....).

Anyway, I agree with other reviewers about how this stuff REALLY clings to any dry patches, so that's something to be aware of. I have an extremely oily T-zone, but will still get flaky skin, and this just grabs on to any flakiness. And I do think that this powder gives me too much of a white cast (I mean this stuff is as white as baby powder, so if you use too much, there is a geisha-girl-like effect; most "translucent" powders that I've used (like my beloved Almay and MAC Blot) aren't this stark white). From reading the other reviews, I see that perhaps I should be using another type of applicator; I'll check to see if that makes this stuff work better for me.

All in all, I like this powder better than MAC Blot, but not as much as my Almay. And the price is really reasonable for the large amount of product. I agree with one of the other reviewers about how great it would be if this were to come in a compact....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i think i finally found my HG powder...i have combo skin that gets suuuper oily by the end of the day..i work 12 hr shifts at a hospital and my face always looks like an oil slick by the end of the day...my foundation oxidizes and my blushes turn to a muddy brown......when i used this...it was matte majority of the day.....and if i did have shine, it was extremely minimal to the point i didnt have to blot....my blush didnt fade to a brown color either...dont be scared of the powder since it looks stark white...it turns translucent when brushed on (i actually use my LM powder puff & press this on---makes it matte the whole day!)...and this is by far better than MAC blot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Melexia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder does the work! This is truly matte, and keeps the shine away! :)

I don't like the package, it's big and so on.. But hey, it's worth it..
I don't like the powder puff that comes along, so I use my lovely Laura Mercier one!

Just be careful, do not use too much, cause the apperance get powdery, but it melts in with the skin pretty quick..
And it really lasts!