E.L.F. Eyeliner Brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/3/2008 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This brush is fantastic! It gives the most perfect line, from subtle to dramatic depending on the angle that you hold it at and the color used. It isn't the softest brush ever, but that gives you much better control. Not at all rough though,and I have pretty sensitive skin. To make my liners glide on smoother I simply pull my eye at the corner a bit to keep the skin more taut. A million times better than my BE liner brush with the fine point.

Who knew that applying liner could be SO easy??? YAY!

on 2/20/2008 3:49:00 AM

at first i thought it was way to harsh to line eyes, but then i realised it's a push brush and it should be used in a dabbing rather than dragging motion. i think it works great, the bristles pick up a good amount of colour, and it's easy to wash caked up gel liner off it. line can tend to be a little thick, but with a bit of care you should be able to get the thickness you want. would get more for all the different gel liners i have (:

on 1/8/2008 2:55:00 PM

I love using this brush to apply powder and cream eyeliners - the brush is stiff, but as long as you use a fairly light hand to apply liner, there really isn't a problem. Seriously can't beat the price of these brushes!

on 12/30/2007 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is an okay brush, but i think it's a bit too stiff for my upper eyelid, i just wish it would be a little softer.

on 12/8/2007 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't like it....it irritates my eye lid and it doesn't glide smoothly.

on 9/21/2007 3:46:00 AM

It's not what I expected but it's still very nice. At first I assumed this was a brush for gel/creme liners, a type of slim flat standard eyeliner brush but it's quite thick for that... though not useless. The brush is more suited for lining the lower lids with shadow and smudging. The bristles are stiff but soft so it works well. Good for a smokey look. For the price it deserves a 5 however I think E.L.F. should clarify what it's for... Eyeliner brush these days could mean too many types of brushes, this is more of a smokey eye smudge brush.

on 8/8/2007 11:16:00 PM

This is a strong bristle without being painful - it's very soft on the skin. The strong bristle means that it holds its shape well when it's dry so it probably good for a dry eyeliner application which I don't personally do. I prefer my angled eyeshadow brush wet for use as an eyeliner (or the thin artstore brush with my mac fluidliners.) It's worth trying though, especially if you want to get a thinner line or a dry application of eyeshadow as an eyeliner. For a $1, why not? :)

on 7/9/2007 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

While the other elf brushes are really nice this was not impressive. The bristles are nice and stiff without being sharp or irritating, but the brush itself is too thick. When I use it to put eyeliner on the lower lash line I have to clean it up a lot with a q-tip and make up remover. I thought it would be nice to have a full sized eyeliner brush since the one i had been using came in a compact. I probably won't get this again if it needs replacing.

And I actually like the packaging of elf brushes, good for traveling!

on 6/28/2007 7:33:00 PM

is it good quality for the price? Yes.
is it good quality period? YES!!!!!!!!

on 5/8/2007 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is one of the best eyeliner brushes I've bought. Most I find are usually too limp to get a nice line with a dry application. This one is soft, but still gives a very clean line, both wet and dry. Thanks to this, I've started using powder eyeliner again. The only thing I could say bad about it is the plastic package it comes in -- difficult to take out the brush (which I assume would be good for an in-store product). If the rest of their brushes are this quality, I'm buying more :)