Clinique Different Lipstick - Angel Red

4.2

castor seed oil - candelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /-mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 10/18/2003 2:35:00 PM

I'm disappointed by this...was expecting far more of a true red color...this is a sheer, slightly warm burgundy tomato mix on me . Pretty color that looks odd on my ultra pale complexion. The formula is light and comfortable which is nice, but also gives this lipstick slip, which means that while this color is sheer, it is still dark enough to look sloppy. I love the heavy silver tube, but it's going back.

on 9/17/2003 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's all been said but here I go. Bought this based on these raves and it's true--this is a perfect red. I echo the "sophisticated...classy...subtle" comments and I also think this is more on the cool side, especially with only 1 layer--but not fuschia, hooray! I am not crazy about the Different l/s formula though, so minus 1. Over balm it feels much better, but on bare lips it's oddly waxy and dry, doesn't cling too well like a cream formula would. Staying power not the best, but I think with some clear l/l, blotting, layering etc, this will be perfect.

on 8/28/2003 2:08:00 PM

OK, I'll bite. I've been recommending this colour for months now and I should say that it's probably one of the most universal reds I've seen. It's sheer & with 1 coat it won't last long but w/ a liner or layered & dabbed it's great. if you're wanting a stain it'll do that too. The colour is fairly neutral, some think it's more at the blue end but it has both brown and blue in it. Except for the rare instances (sorry Mudskipper!) of it turning fuchsia this is a wonderful, every day colour that won't scream at people but yet can be worked with, intensified & worn for evening outings. Stop by a Clinique counter & see how it works for you or get it in a swap. continued >>

on 8/27/2003 6:40:00 PM

My quest for the perfect red continues. Based on the raves here, I tried this at the counter and it _immediately_ went fuscia on me. If you have trouble with reds turning berry pink, you should save your money and keep looking.

on 8/7/2003 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I swapped for this after reading all the raves, and it was exactly what I was looking for -- a wearable, everyday sophisticated red. Absolutely gorgeous, not too bright or "hey, look at my lips!" Classy, but leaves an impression. A++!

on 8/7/2003 12:50:00 PM

If you want to wear red lipstick but thought that you couldn't, try this! I am a pinky-PPP and most red lipsticks look too orange-ish or too bright fuschia-ish but this one is great and the perfect red for me. I agree with the reviewer below who described it as an "innocent" red. I HIGHLY recommend it!

on 7/13/2003 5:40:00 PM

What a sweet color, a very flattering shade of red, made me look sweet not gross at all, i love how comfy it feels on.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Angel Red is not matador red. It is not MAC Russian Red or, ahem, c*cks*cker red. Angel Red is ladylike, sophistocated, subtle red (yes, such a thing is possible). It wears comfortably but not forever, it takes a few coats (apply, blot, repeat) to build up to its full potential, and it is probably best lined in a neutral -- I use Wet 'n' Wild #666. The shiny silver tube is satisfyingly heavy in the hand, and the lipstick does not smell or taste like anything (I'm talking to you, House of Chanel). On days when I fancy myself incredibly chic and possibly French, I wear Angel Red and then try not to stare at myself in every window I pass. continued >>

on 6/11/2003 6:01:00 PM

This is the most wearable red I have ever seen. This is my HG red shade. I have never found anything else that even comes close. It gives you a sweet innocent look but is oh sexy at the same time.

This is a beautiful red that falls into the the "sweet" category. It doesn't have great staying power but it is very hydrating. It is the perfect shade of red if you love red lipgloss but want something that packs a little more of punch and has better staying power. An innocent, juicy red lipstick.

Popular Lipsticks