November 27, 2014 | 1430 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Different Lipstick - Angel Red

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2003 2:08:00 PM More reviews by orodwen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, I'll bite. I've been recommending this colour for months now and I should say that it's probably one of the most universal reds I've seen. It's sheer & with 1 coat it won't last long but w/ a liner or layered & dabbed it's great. if you're wanting a stain it'll do that too. The colour is fairly neutral, some think it's more at the blue end but it has both brown and blue in it. Except for the rare instances (sorry Mudskipper!) of it turning fuchsia this is a wonderful, every day colour that won't scream at people but yet can be worked with, intensified & worn for evening outings. Stop by a Clinique counter & see how it works for you or get it in a swap. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2003 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Mudskipper

My quest for the perfect red continues. Based on the raves here, I tried this at the counter and it _immediately_ went fuscia on me. If you have trouble with reds turning berry pink, you should save your money and keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2003 5:26:00 PM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I swapped for this after reading all the raves, and it was exactly what I was looking for -- a wearable, everyday sophisticated red. Absolutely gorgeous, not too bright or "hey, look at my lips!" Classy, but leaves an impression. A++!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2003 12:50:00 PM More reviews by curlyleo

If you want to wear red lipstick but thought that you couldn't, try this! I am a pinky-PPP and most red lipsticks look too orange-ish or too bright fuschia-ish but this one is great and the perfect red for me. I agree with the reviewer below who described it as an "innocent" red. I HIGHLY recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2003 5:40:00 PM More reviews by sephyoo

What a sweet color, a very flattering shade of red, made me look sweet not gross at all, i love how comfy it feels on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2003 8:39:00 PM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Angel Red is not matador red. It is not MAC Russian Red or, ahem, c*cks*cker red. Angel Red is ladylike, sophistocated, subtle red (yes, such a thing is possible). It wears comfortably but not forever, it takes a few coats (apply, blot, repeat) to build up to its full potential, and it is probably best lined in a neutral -- I use Wet 'n' Wild #666. The shiny silver tube is satisfyingly heavy in the hand, and the lipstick does not smell or taste like anything (I'm talking to you, House of Chanel). On days when I fancy myself incredibly chic and possibly French, I wear Angel Red and then try not to stare at myself in every window I pass. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2003 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Joyous

This is the most wearable red I have ever seen. This is my HG red shade. I have never found anything else that even comes close. It gives you a sweet innocent look but is oh sexy at the same time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2003 4:21:00 AM More reviews by violetpickles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a beautiful red that falls into the the "sweet" category. It doesn't have great staying power but it is very hydrating. It is the perfect shade of red if you love red lipgloss but want something that packs a little more of punch and has better staying power. An innocent, juicy red lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2003 8:27:00 AM More reviews by 1MegMeg

The best red lipstick (not gloss) that I have found thus far. Angel Red is a true red on my neutral PPP skin. Most reds look orange or pink on me, but not this one! The lipstick goes on smooth and creamy and does not dry out my lips. I reach for this color almost every time I want to play up my lips and do neutral eyes. I will repurchase again and again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2002 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Beckaroosy

This is my favorite red ever. When I am doing a show taking place in the 30's or 40's, this is the color I grab. Very dramatic and looks good on most skin tones. Looks great with a plain face and just black liner and mascara on the eyes. Just terrific!