toilet seat covers

Price: $

on 5/14/2008 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

When I first heard about the greatness of toilet seat covers to blot facial oil from a Japanese classmate, I was skeptical. She told me she heard from others but she never tried. I used to work at a Japanese company and my Japanese boss boosted that Japanese toilets are very clean; even the toilet water is as clean as drinking water. Of course, he never drunk from there :)

Anyway, I have very oily face and no matter what I used, I had to watch in the mirror often and blot all the time. I bought C&C sheets but sometimes, I forgot to bring into toilet and noticed my oily face so I tried seat cover sheets depending on the cleanliness of the toilet to blot my face. When I worked at a large law firm, the toilet was pretty clean so I used almost everyday to steer my oil production from the face. A few weeks later, I had weired breakouts. I stopped using since then though I saw in a beauty magazine that a guru fixed a celebrity with toilet paper in emergency.

I recently bought Papier Poudré Oil Blotting Papers from an on-line seller from HK but the size is so tiny to blot my face. So did my research and found out that the packing paper (to pack fragile items) are the same materials as toilet seat covers. Right now, I have some and cut in smaller sizes and keep in a zip lock bag. Just be careful if you use toilet seat covers. I suffered acnes over 10 years so I don't want any bump on my face.

on 6/14/2007 8:18:00 PM

Oh--I thought I was the only nutter who used these for blotting! After I bought some Japanese blotting papers years ago, I realized that the seat covers were the same material, and I've been using them ever since! I usually tear out the middle/flap section and blot my t-zone with that instead of wasting a whole other sheet. Perfect size, and works extremely well. I don't even bother to look in front of the mirror--I wouldn't want anyone to see my cheapness. I always wonder what people are thinking while they hear me crinkling and blotting in the stall, though. Hee, hee. I convinced my husband, who was VERY reluctant to try this initially, to give it a chance and now he's a huge fan, too. No more pricey Clean & Clear for us!

on 4/25/2007 4:32:00 AM

What can I say? To quote my dad, "the price is right." I laughed when I first saw this as a review, but it's true - they're great for blotting. Unfortunately, I'm self-conscious about taking one from the wall disp. and blotting my face with it in front of strangers. ;) Another suggestion - try those brown paper napkins when you're in a pinch!

on 4/23/2007 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I find that toilet seat covers are the best for blotting my oily skin during the day without disturbing my makeup. It just takes one to take care of my whole face,they can be found in nearly every public restroom and,best of all, they're free!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools