Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

4.1

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

I love it! It feels absolutely wonderful. My skin feels soft, smooth, and clean. I have seen a few reviews complaining about the lid clogging and the tiny exfoliating beads settling, so I will just remember to shake well before using, and run the lid under hot water now and then. It is worth this extra little effort. It did not dry my skin, and after one use...I actually think my pores appear smaller. I am really happy with this product!

on 12/11/2011 12:39:00 PM

I got this as part of a QVC deal of 32oz sizes of both Purity and Microdelivery. I've been a Purity + Clarisonic user for 2 years. Lately though, my skin's been a little dull and rough, and I've had more breakouts.

I've used this cleanser now several times, and I'm pretty impressed. While I won't liken its use to an actual peel, I am very pleased! It's very gentle on the skin, and I've even used it with my clarisonic for a deeper treatment without irritation. It leaves my skin very smooth, and it's whisked away all my dry patches. It doesn't make my skin feel tight afterwards, either.

After about a week and a half, my skin is radiantly clear and smooth to the point where I'm actually ok leaving the house without makeup! That's something I've never done before.

I'm excited I got this. I'm looking forward to continued results by using it every morning!

**UPDATE: So after each time I used this I began to get little irritation bumps/zits. Stopped using.

I really wanted to love this. Really, I did. I purchased it after reading on these boards that my beloved St. Ives Scrub was too abrasive for facial skin. (I'm about to go back to it, though, after this travesty. If you have some other ideas of less abrasive exfoliating scrubs, feel free to let me know!) It has great reviews, the exfoliation seemed relatively gentle. With that said, apparently something in the ingredients hates my face because I broke out with terrible acne all over my cheeks -- and I never break out on my cheeks. I'm going to try using it on my KP, elbows, behind, legs, etc. because for $25, I just can't force myself to throw it away. This product may work for some, but it just didn't work for me.

on 11/25/2011 10:34:00 PM

I am reviewing a sample of this. It did remove all my makeup but the little beads get in my eyes and irritates them. I like my cleanser to remove face and eye makeup. I may buy it but to use it in the morning only and avoid eye area.

on 11/15/2011 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I've tried several Philosophy products and have been disappointed by almost every one of them. I was very hesitant to try this cleanser because of my past negative experiences (including the cult favorite Purity cleanser). Words cannot describe how happy I am that I gave this a shot. I use it mostly in the morning, and I have noticed a big difference in my skin after using it for about a week and a half. My skin is extremely oily yet dehydrated. It has also developed some sun spots over the past year or so. My skin has become so much clearer, more radiant, the texture has changed and the spots have become lighter and lighter. This is the "oomph" I've been looking for in my skincare. I wouldn't be without it.

on 11/7/2011 3:45:00 AM

Currently, this is my favorite exfoliating product. The grains are small enough to not scratch but still be effective. And it is gentle enough to use every day. I guess it would be better if it were in a tube because my bottle does get clogged. Oh well, the product inside is worth it.

on 10/21/2011 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Use this as my morning face wash. LOVE it! The first day I used it I felt kind of bummed about it. I didn't think it was anything spectacular while actually using the product. I was in a rush to get to work so I threw myself together. The next time I looked at myself was mid-morning ... WOW! I noticed such a nice glow to my face, it looked like I had nice, soft skin. I've used it for about a month now and love it. Will continue to use.

I also use this in conjunction with my DDF revolving polisher with the brush head.

on 10/4/2011 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have to preface this review by saying that Philosophy items are really hit or miss for me. But this one is a real WIN in my opinion! This cleanser includes diatomaceous earth which is what is providing the grainy scrubbing texture. Its very fine and not at all too overly abrasive so you could feasibly use it every day. If your skin can handle it, try this with the Clarisonic--amazing! I would say the price is pretty fair considering this is more of a higher end line and the size of the bottle is generous. Would buy this again and recommend to others!

on 9/12/2011 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I keep buying this because it gets my face cleaner than any other cleanser I have tried but my issue with this stuff is that the granules disappear in the bottle after a few uses. I don't know if this is just with the giant deluxe bottle or what, but the last 2 bottles I bought, the sandy bits seemed to dissolve or something...I just use this with my clarisonic now.

on 8/30/2011 10:46:00 PM

I have oily skin, big pores. I use this every morning and it leaves me a fresh looking after washing. Great exfoliation!
A little bit pricey but it's worth every penny

In the bottle they say that gentle enough to daily use, and it's really gentle. However I still wonder if daily use may cause any harmful effect because it is usually advised that you should exfoliate your skin twice or three times a week. A little bit confused.

Any advise?