October 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by vhn

I have oily skin, big pores. I use this every morning and it leaves me a fresh looking after washing. Great exfoliation!
A little bit pricey but it's worth every penny

In the bottle they say that gentle enough to daily use, and it's really gentle. However I still wonder if daily use may cause any harmful effect because it is usually advised that you should exfoliate your skin twice or three times a week. A little bit confused.

Any advise?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

I finally found an exfoliator that works wonders for my face! I have dry skin and occasional dry patches on my cheeks and corners of my mouth (especially during winter time). This exfoliator/facial wash cleanses my face and gets rid of my dead skin in a way that doesn't dry out my skin. After rinsing my face, my skin feels clean and soft. Even after a few minutes, there are no signs of dry skin appearing as I've experienced with other exfoliators. I look in the mirror and my skin glows! There is no fragrance in this which I like for my sensitive skin. The packaging could be better. I wish there's a pump for this bottle so it'd be more convenient. I purchased the 8 oz. bottle which costs $25. It is a bit pricey, but for the results I'm getting, I think it's worth every penny. You only need a small amount each time so it should last you a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by nabz

OHMYGOD (no that's not a good OMG), what the heck do they put in this stuff?? does it come with an expiry date that i don't know about?? I bought this in March on my trip to New York and though it works relatively ok as a scrub - gentle and somewhat effective i'd have to say the consistency has changed. I moved on to a few other products and this was left on my counter and I would revisit every few weeks.

So not only does the packaging suck, because it eventually gets clogged and you will need to unscrew the top off to get the stuff out, but recently I revisited this scrub and its consistency TOTALLY changed! no granules, just weird complete liquid consistency. I turned it upside down, shake it vigorously but NOTHING. it's just changed to this watery consistency and mind you I have half a bottle left of this. WASTE of money I reckon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was at my local ulta where i was trying on eyeliners, eyeshadows, lipsticks and foundations on the back of my hand. i didn't know how i was going to clean it so i decided to grab this cleanser to clean the back of my hand (lol).

.. wow was i surprised. it cleaned my hand with a quickness, with just a little bit of product and a little rub it cleaned off every ounce of make up i applied on the back of my hand.

i've gotta admit, i was still a bit hesitant when buying this product since i tried their "purity made simple" face cleanser and it was HORRIBLE. total waste of money..

but i decided to give it a try anyway since it removed make up so well. this product turned out to be an HG for me..what can i say? best exfoliator i've ever used. beats origin's modern friction by a landslide. i love this product. i bought this product last month and i still have a little bit more than half the bottle left. i bought the size that's around 40$ (i think the biggest one). i use it every single night to make sure every drop of my make up is cleaned off. i have super sensitive and acne prone skin. i would definitely repurchase this. i'm so glad i found this product. although it's expensive, i believe it's worth every penny.:).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by cmayes71

Today I picked this cleanser up in Sephora. I was out of purity and wanted something different. I really like this. I hardly detected a fragrance in it. It cleansed really well. It was relaxing to use. It seems to have exfoliated pretty well. My skin seems a little brighter after using and not dry at all. I would probably only use this in the AM. At night, I like Clinique take the day off balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by sjalbert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just started using this and it is amazing. It is the smoothest exfoliating cleaner I have ever used. It is almost satiny in texture. It feels so good I couldn't stop massaging it into my face. I use it in the morning a few times a week. I have dry skin and this does not dry it out. It felt so soft and smooth after washing. My only complaint is it needs to have a pump dispenser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by sharstar83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i only used a small sample of this however really enjoyed it. i usually am not a fan of scrubs, but this one is very different. i have oily skin, and used it to both cleanse and exfoliate my skin. it was very gentle- i love the small pieces of salt like pieces used to exfoliate. i usually use an exfoliator by origins but this is something i would consider purchasing for more of an everyday basis, as my pores get clogged very easily. this is the first philosophy product i have ever tried and thoroughly enjoyed it! it is sorta pricy but compared to the other product i use it is about average.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by orfhlaith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best facial scrub i've ever used. I keep it in the shower and use it whenever I feel it necessary and it never lets me down.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 8:45:00 AM More reviews by NaturalKickedUpaNotch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best!
Update: The packaging does get clogged to the point that you'll have to unscrew the top completely to get any product out, though. I am on my third bottle of the stuff and it has happened with all three.- ...mild annoyance at most.