December 19, 2014 | 1452 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Merlinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Use this as my morning face wash. LOVE it! The first day I used it I felt kind of bummed about it. I didn't think it was anything spectacular while actually using the product. I was in a rush to get to work so I threw myself together. The next time I looked at myself was mid-morning ... WOW! I noticed such a nice glow to my face, it looked like I had nice, soft skin. I've used it for about a month now and love it. Will continue to use.

I also use this in conjunction with my DDF revolving polisher with the brush head.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to preface this review by saying that Philosophy items are really hit or miss for me. But this one is a real WIN in my opinion! This cleanser includes diatomaceous earth which is what is providing the grainy scrubbing texture. Its very fine and not at all too overly abrasive so you could feasibly use it every day. If your skin can handle it, try this with the Clarisonic--amazing! I would say the price is pretty fair considering this is more of a higher end line and the size of the bottle is generous. Would buy this again and recommend to others!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I keep buying this because it gets my face cleaner than any other cleanser I have tried but my issue with this stuff is that the granules disappear in the bottle after a few uses. I don't know if this is just with the giant deluxe bottle or what, but the last 2 bottles I bought, the sandy bits seemed to dissolve or something...I just use this with my clarisonic now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by vhn

I have oily skin, big pores. I use this every morning and it leaves me a fresh looking after washing. Great exfoliation!
A little bit pricey but it's worth every penny

In the bottle they say that gentle enough to daily use, and it's really gentle. However I still wonder if daily use may cause any harmful effect because it is usually advised that you should exfoliate your skin twice or three times a week. A little bit confused.

Any advise?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

I finally found an exfoliator that works wonders for my face! I have dry skin and occasional dry patches on my cheeks and corners of my mouth (especially during winter time). This exfoliator/facial wash cleanses my face and gets rid of my dead skin in a way that doesn't dry out my skin. After rinsing my face, my skin feels clean and soft. Even after a few minutes, there are no signs of dry skin appearing as I've experienced with other exfoliators. I look in the mirror and my skin glows! There is no fragrance in this which I like for my sensitive skin. The packaging could be better. I wish there's a pump for this bottle so it'd be more convenient. I purchased the 8 oz. bottle which costs $25. It is a bit pricey, but for the results I'm getting, I think it's worth every penny. You only need a small amount each time so it should last you a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by nabz

OHMYGOD (no that's not a good OMG), what the heck do they put in this stuff?? does it come with an expiry date that i don't know about?? I bought this in March on my trip to New York and though it works relatively ok as a scrub - gentle and somewhat effective i'd have to say the consistency has changed. I moved on to a few other products and this was left on my counter and I would revisit every few weeks.

So not only does the packaging suck, because it eventually gets clogged and you will need to unscrew the top off to get the stuff out, but recently I revisited this scrub and its consistency TOTALLY changed! no granules, just weird complete liquid consistency. I turned it upside down, shake it vigorously but NOTHING. it's just changed to this watery consistency and mind you I have half a bottle left of this. WASTE of money I reckon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was at my local ulta where i was trying on eyeliners, eyeshadows, lipsticks and foundations on the back of my hand. i didn't know how i was going to clean it so i decided to grab this cleanser to clean the back of my hand (lol).

.. wow was i surprised. it cleaned my hand with a quickness, with just a little bit of product and a little rub it cleaned off every ounce of make up i applied on the back of my hand.

i've gotta admit, i was still a bit hesitant when buying this product since i tried their "purity made simple" face cleanser and it was HORRIBLE. total waste of money..

but i decided to give it a try anyway since it removed make up so well. this product turned out to be an HG for me..what can i say? best exfoliator i've ever used. beats origin's modern friction by a landslide. i love this product. i bought this product last month and i still have a little bit more than half the bottle left. i bought the size that's around 40$ (i think the biggest one). i use it every single night to make sure every drop of my make up is cleaned off. i have super sensitive and acne prone skin. i would definitely repurchase this. i'm so glad i found this product. although it's expensive, i believe it's worth every penny.:).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by cmayes71

Today I picked this cleanser up in Sephora. I was out of purity and wanted something different. I really like this. I hardly detected a fragrance in it. It cleansed really well. It was relaxing to use. It seems to have exfoliated pretty well. My skin seems a little brighter after using and not dry at all. I would probably only use this in the AM. At night, I like Clinique take the day off balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by sjalbert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just started using this and it is amazing. It is the smoothest exfoliating cleaner I have ever used. It is almost satiny in texture. It feels so good I couldn't stop massaging it into my face. I use it in the morning a few times a week. I have dry skin and this does not dry it out. It felt so soft and smooth after washing. My only complaint is it needs to have a pump dispenser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by sharstar83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love it.