November 27, 2014 | 1010 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Fresh Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Maccazan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fairly good everyday cleanser. I prefer creamier brands, though. Before trying this one, I was using a Garnier eye-and-face cleanser/makeup remover... with a much better scent. Since I couldn't find it in the drugstore anymore, I switched to Neutrogena.

Talking strictly about cleansing, Neutrogena's does an excellent job. My skin is normal, with occasional pimples on my T-zone. To avoid the dryness problem, I apply a very small amount (first foaming it with my hands; then I massage it on my face), and my skin feels extremely clean.

Just make sure that you use a very good moisturizer afterwards, and that you don't rub it too much on your skin. I like it very much, but it would be perfect if it had a nice scent (sometimes I feel like I used dish soap)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ncarro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I started using this in college when I wanted to start a more consistent skin care regimen, and I keep coming back to this product after trying more expensive department store skin care lines. I use Fresh Foaming Cleanser in the shower after exfoliating with Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream and love how my skin looks and feels afterward. I love everything about this product -- the packaging, how well it foams in the shower, how clean and refreshed it leaves my skin. I have noticed that it doesn't foam as well when I wash my face over the sink, and I wouldn't rely on this to remove eye makeup, but this is a facial cleanser I will buy again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by MissAwesome

Like other reviewers have said, this product was very gentle and removed dirt and oil from their face; my face felt clean afterwards. But for me, it didn't remove makeup very well. It took me a lot time to get all my eye makeup off and when I did, some lashes fell out! Also it was kind of stinging my eye since I kept trying to get the makeup off.
This cleanser is alright, nothing special and does the same things as other face washes. Other face washes I have now, does the same thing (remove dirt, oil, makeup), and it also exfoliates, prevents blackheads, acne. And those washes makes my face really clean and smooth. You're better off getting something else.
Plus the package is really poor too. The bottle was away from the shower head, but water still got in from the pump.
Eh, I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good, gentle cleanser and very effective at removing all traces of make-up. Convenient pump, which I like to use in the shower.
My skin feels clean and pores diminished after use.
No drying, no film, no breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by drivesl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have carefully introduced this cleanser in my regimen. It does clean makeup off and not aggravate the acne, even possibly dull it but not remove the red marks. It leaves my skin a little tight, but not as much as Dessert Essence. I'm afraid to use it on a constant basis because it has a lot of artificial ingredients. It is definitely my favorite cleanser in the Neutrogena line, surprisingly good for them.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I came across a sample of this and used it for about a week when I was between cleansers. The first couple days I loved it and was wondering if I'd be going back to Neutrogena for the first time since I was a teenager. But, continued use left my skin a little raw. It's just too strong, and kind of dried out my skin. It's not the worst product ever, but I wouldn't buy it again as long as I had a few options I could live with. I could see this being better for truly oily skin, but I also worry about over-stressing skin. If this left my skin raw, my guess is it would do it to truly oily skin, too 9 times out of 10.

FYI: My skin is oily/combo/sensitive

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for years. It works great on my combination skin and thoroughly removes all my makeup. It isn't too drying, and at the same time, it gets rid of all my excess oil. I don't think you can ask anymore of a cleanser than that! And the price is definitely right too!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by leah1988

I got the great idea to buy only products that Beauty Pedia recommends...... so far every cleanser from the Neutrogena has dried me out!!!! Yes even this cleanser gave me tight uncomfortable skin! Ladies save your money......not worth saving a few extra bucks only to spend more in the long run!
Paula Begoun has her say but i've sucess with products she claims would never work!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by rorymarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my all time favorite cleanser. It removes makeup really well, though it doesn't remove waterproof mascara as well as I'd hoped. It smells fresh and it makes my face feel really clean after I use it. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. Overall, an excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Memoriesin

I love this cleanser. been using this for a long time now, I always use this to remove my makeup. comparing this to makeup removing wipes , I still prefer this cleanser as it cleanses very well and does not leave any residue behind, it is also much more gentle than makeup removing wipes as you do not need to apply much friction on your skin.
I recommend you to cleanse your face twice with this cleanser when you are wearing a heavy makeup. even though I only wear bb creams, I still clean my face twice with it to make sure it gets all of it off.
for people who felt that their skin became tight after cleansing, always always use a toner after cleansing your face as a toner can not only remove excess residue left by the cleanser, it also moisturises and balances the skin's ph level so that your skin will not feel tight.