October 25, 2014 | 1920 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Fresh Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good, gentle cleanser and very effective at removing all traces of make-up. Convenient pump, which I like to use in the shower.
My skin feels clean and pores diminished after use.
No drying, no film, no breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by drivesl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have carefully introduced this cleanser in my regimen. It does clean makeup off and not aggravate the acne, even possibly dull it but not remove the red marks. It leaves my skin a little tight, but not as much as Dessert Essence. I'm afraid to use it on a constant basis because it has a lot of artificial ingredients. It is definitely my favorite cleanser in the Neutrogena line, surprisingly good for them.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I came across a sample of this and used it for about a week when I was between cleansers. The first couple days I loved it and was wondering if I'd be going back to Neutrogena for the first time since I was a teenager. But, continued use left my skin a little raw. It's just too strong, and kind of dried out my skin. It's not the worst product ever, but I wouldn't buy it again as long as I had a few options I could live with. I could see this being better for truly oily skin, but I also worry about over-stressing skin. If this left my skin raw, my guess is it would do it to truly oily skin, too 9 times out of 10.

FYI: My skin is oily/combo/sensitive

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for years. It works great on my combination skin and thoroughly removes all my makeup. It isn't too drying, and at the same time, it gets rid of all my excess oil. I don't think you can ask anymore of a cleanser than that! And the price is definitely right too!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by leah1988

I got the great idea to buy only products that Beauty Pedia recommends...... so far every cleanser from the Neutrogena has dried me out!!!! Yes even this cleanser gave me tight uncomfortable skin! Ladies save your money......not worth saving a few extra bucks only to spend more in the long run!
Paula Begoun has her say but i've sucess with products she claims would never work!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by rorymarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my all time favorite cleanser. It removes makeup really well, though it doesn't remove waterproof mascara as well as I'd hoped. It smells fresh and it makes my face feel really clean after I use it. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. Overall, an excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Memoriesin

I love this cleanser. been using this for a long time now, I always use this to remove my makeup. comparing this to makeup removing wipes , I still prefer this cleanser as it cleanses very well and does not leave any residue behind, it is also much more gentle than makeup removing wipes as you do not need to apply much friction on your skin.
I recommend you to cleanse your face twice with this cleanser when you are wearing a heavy makeup. even though I only wear bb creams, I still clean my face twice with it to make sure it gets all of it off.
for people who felt that their skin became tight after cleansing, always always use a toner after cleansing your face as a toner can not only remove excess residue left by the cleanser, it also moisturises and balances the skin's ph level so that your skin will not feel tight.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Char57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleanser, although I wouldn't claim that it is HG status (I'm still looking for that). I had gone through 2 bottles of it and had few problems with breakouts or dry and/or particularly oily skin. However, recently I ran out and couldn't find anymore at CVS, so i bought the CeraVe foaming cleanser based on reviews on here. Terrible idea! I broke out almost immediately. It was terrible. I had finally gotten my acne-prone skin under control and WHAM, it all goes crazy again. I freaked out and returned the CeraVe and found another bottle of this trusty cleanser. My skin, while still pretty terrible (this was less than a week ago) has calmed down quite a bit and looks to be healing. In the meanwhile, the foundation goes back on ): (I had finally gotten to the point where I was using it purely as concealer for spots of redness).

Basically, this stuff works very well for my oily, acne-prone skin. It doesn't strip it and doesn't break me out. I'm going to stick with what works and stop experimenting, considering my past experiences!

Now if only I can get my roommates to stop stealing it...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I was using this for years and it did what I wanted, which was remove all my makeup in an easy splash off fashion. It didn't leave a film or residue and tackled my most stubborn eye makeup and it was a good value. The light scent didn't bother me much.
The problem? My skin felt dry and tight after rinsing. I found that as my skin got less oily and more dry over time this cleanser became more irritating.
I now use Olay Foaming Face Wash, for Sensitive Skin. It matches price wise and performance to NFFC but without the dryness left behind and it's fragrence free.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by yunbean

This cleanser was just okay for me. I really didn't like the scent and the consistency (it's milky looking), and my nose was really sensitive to the smell. It did lather well, with lots of foam - and usually takes about 3-4 rinses of warm water to get the foam off. It stung my eyes so I couldn't use it to remove eye makeup. It didn't break me out, so I continued to use. I was just trying to finish the bottle before i go back to my HG Purpose cleanser which was much better for my sensitive face.