April 16, 2014 | 1896 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - All Over Color Stick

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by megharp17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I do not like this on my cheeks or on my lips, but I love it as an eyeshadow. It is just to sparkly to use anywhere else. I have it in pink lemonade and in toasted. I think that maybe over the summer when I am more tan I might be able to use toasted on my face, but until then I will just use it on my eyes. I am neutral on the smell. Do not love it or hate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Makeupaholic44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this as a blush when I am not in the mood to do a "full" face of makeup. It's easy to apply, I use my finger and not swipe my face with it, so it's easier to blend. Also, by using my finger I don't get the stripe look. It's a great buy for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2008 4:03:00 AM More reviews by aideka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was a big dissappointment for me. First, this has very little colour-- it's mainly just microglitter and vaseline. Second, the packaging breaks very easily. It's packaged so that it looks like you can twist it down into the tube, but in reality that's how it stays :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by dipndotts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in pink lemonade, and I don't think this product is that bad. I've only really used this on my cheeks (kind of as a highlighter/blush), never tried it on my eyes, and maybe a TINY dab on my lips every now and then. I say only every now and then because it's got a lot of frost for lips and I don't like really like that look. True, it can be kind of difficult to blend on the cheeks, but it's not like it's impossible or anything. It maybe takes one or two seconds more than other cream blushes I would guess, it's not like your whole makeup routine is consumed by this thing. So yeah, I like the color, the shimmer is nice, and it gives me a nice glow. And oh yeah...it costs one freakin' dollar. That coupled with the fact that I've received compliments on it, and it's good enough for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Bhree

I had this in pink lemonade. I liked the color it deposited but I found the shimmer to be too coarse and weird looking on my cheeks. Too frosty for lip use. I never tried it on my eyes, It's too creamy and I fell like it would crease. My stick somehow disconnected from the packaging and it made a mess every time I tried to retract it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

well i guess i'm in the rare here...but i loved this. it gave me a glowy peachy pink cheeks. i haven't tried it on my lips..and i don't plan on to. but i'm so glad i tried this despite all the bad reviews. will definately repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by songcoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in Persimmon. I have no idea what's this for and how to use it when i got it first day. However, I found out this is not good on lip and face. I use this only as eyeshadow base, btw, i have hard time to find a eyeshadow base that is not too pricy. anyways, this use as eyeshadow base is pretty good just for $1. But don't put too much as a base, otherwise you will feel gresy. just one layer then apply eyeshadow. actually your eyeshadow will last long and the colors will pop out. Good for base in a right amount.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

Pink Lemonade - sheer, frosty, rosy pink

Persimmon - sheer shimmery bronze

Lilac Petal - sheer, frosty, pale cotton candy pink

Product - These are definitely highlighters and not blush/bronzers - they are quite sheer and more frosty than shimmery (but not glittery). As one of the previous reviewers noted, the shimmer/frost is more pronounced than the color/pigmentation. Smells nice.

On cheeks, the texture is relatively soft and creamy but the shimmer bits makes it a little hard to blend well - and who wants streaks of shimmer?

On lips, the colors are way too light and frosty for me (AAB/NC25) - maybe they would work for someone very young or very very pale.

On eyes, these are a bit too greasy and crease quickly. You could get away with using them in the eye area probably on just the browbone... but on me even that would seep into my crease over the course of the day.

Packaging - Nice, compact, twist-up tube packaging - similar to and about the same size as Sephora Cheek Stains (discontinued) and Eyeko Fat Balms. The clear plastic lid is nice for determining what shade is inside but will probably crack soon.

Overall - Great value for $1 if you need a frosty product, but not something I personally plan on keeping. Maybe fine if you're 10 years old. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by ilygurlie

I have one in Persimmon and it's aVERY shimmery frosty (To me it looks kind of orange) color.
I like the smell of these - they smell like oranges! Yum. I tried using it on my lips and I looked like a 5 yr old playing with makeup.. it's way too shimmery for the lips and cheeks, IMO. I only use it as an eyeshadow base or on the tearducts or something.. that's about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by laurenash09

I don't love this, it takes a lot of blending on the cheeks to be decent and it's not wearable on eyes or lips so the name is deceiving.