December 20, 2014 | 1580 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

I've been using this to highlight my browbone and cheekbones and I love it! I have yet to use it to put colour onto my lid but I would imagine on those days where I'm running late I could just throw the shadow on with this one. I also use it a little bit for blending. Love this brush, and is a must have for anyone looking to expand their brush collection :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Tiggerbear

I love the 227 brush so much that I bought a backup. It blends away all the harsh lines in no time flat. I apply pigment eyeshadow on the whole eye area in one swoop and I'm done. I've never encountered a problem with dye bleeding from the bristle as the reviewer below mentioned.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ricquettaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush because of the exceptional reviews it got on MUA and Youtube. At first I was a bit skeptical because of the size in relation to size of my lid but once I got the hang of its largness I loved it! Its excellent for apply highlight, blending your contour and highlight colors, all over shader. The bristles are very dense and soft so packing on colour is no problem.

This brush is really versatile although it may not seem so at first. Its cute to...its like the little giant of the eye brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I love this brush! I use it every day. When I first got it, I thought - too big! (I ordered it online). But it just works sooooo well for so many things! All over lid colour, applying large swathes of colour to the V, highlighting, BLENDING....I love it. Can be a bit scratchy if you use it at a right angle to your eye, but that is the only teeny complaint I can think of!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 5:08:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

Im really into building up my brush collection in lieu of just buying more makeup, and this is my newest brush. It's really big for an eye brush so you have to get used to it in your hand. The 227 really is lovely at blending harsh lines. I use mine for applying highlight color to my brow and blending out any crease color. I think it would be perfect for powdering small hard to reach places too. I really recommend this brush if you want to build your collection but if you want to keep your collection to the basics then pass on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Mimi3030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love this brush. i use it everyday for applying my base color all over my lids. its great for when ur in a hurry cuz it quickly applys color all over. very soft and fluffy, def a must have! def repurchase if something happened to mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by obsessedovermakeup

I just bought this brush recently and am now in love with it! There are 60+ brushes in my stash and this one is absolutely wonderful. If you are like me and have trouble blending the creases with the lid color, this will be your answer to a wonderful blended eye!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by BrowneyedBeauty08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the 227! I debated buying it for a while but I saw it at a CCO and bought it immediately! It's great for when I'm in a hurry- or anytime! I use it for putting on my base eye color. It's also great for blending out harsh lines and and highlighting the brow bone. Definitely a brush that I would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by intimates

this brush is amazing for applying highlight under the brows and blending out any harsh lines. I would say that this is a must-have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush but again I dont find myself using it too much, because again, I dont use shadow often, but when I do this brush is great and it blends well, applies one color onto the lid great, and applies a highlight color very well also, so overall this is a great brush that can be used a thousand different ways(maybe not a thousand but u know)...I read here that it can be used for undereye concealer, ughh I had not clue, I always use my 217, I will try this one for concealer for sure!