MAC 227 Large Fluff Brush

4.8

on 4/27/2009 11:15:00 PM

This is my new favourite Mac brush, I just purchased it a few days ago after seeing so many good reviews and I have to say it lives up to its promise. Its amazing for highlighting brows, cheekbones and applying all over colour to the lid if youre feeling lazy or in a rush. Definitely lives up to the hype and I would recommend this for everyone, since I have gotten it I have used it everyday and I imagine that will be the way itll be for a long time, I used to have trouble with highlighting my brow bone, Id have to keep reapplying as one coat with a different brush was too sheer or looked patchy, then when applying more coats could end up looking too much, so this brush is perfect for the browbone as one coat of highlight colour is all that is required. I know it is expensive but in my eyes Mac brushes are an investment

on 4/6/2009 8:48:00 PM

I've been using this to highlight my browbone and cheekbones and I love it! I have yet to use it to put colour onto my lid but I would imagine on those days where I'm running late I could just throw the shadow on with this one. I also use it a little bit for blending. Love this brush, and is a must have for anyone looking to expand their brush collection :)

on 3/22/2009 7:31:00 PM

I love the 227 brush so much that I bought a backup. It blends away all the harsh lines in no time flat. I apply pigment eyeshadow on the whole eye area in one swoop and I'm done. I've never encountered a problem with dye bleeding from the bristle as the reviewer below mentioned.

on 3/15/2009 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this brush because of the exceptional reviews it got on MUA and Youtube. At first I was a bit skeptical because of the size in relation to size of my lid but once I got the hang of its largness I loved it! Its excellent for apply highlight, blending your contour and highlight colors, all over shader. The bristles are very dense and soft so packing on colour is no problem.

This brush is really versatile although it may not seem so at first. Its cute to...its like the little giant of the eye brushes.

I love this brush! I use it every day. When I first got it, I thought - too big! (I ordered it online). But it just works sooooo well for so many things! All over lid colour, applying large swathes of colour to the V, highlighting, BLENDING....I love it. Can be a bit scratchy if you use it at a right angle to your eye, but that is the only teeny complaint I can think of!

on 3/14/2009 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Im really into building up my brush collection in lieu of just buying more makeup, and this is my newest brush. It's really big for an eye brush so you have to get used to it in your hand. The 227 really is lovely at blending harsh lines. I use mine for applying highlight color to my brow and blending out any crease color. I think it would be perfect for powdering small hard to reach places too. I really recommend this brush if you want to build your collection but if you want to keep your collection to the basics then pass on this.

on 3/4/2009 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i absolutely love this brush. i use it everyday for applying my base color all over my lids. its great for when ur in a hurry cuz it quickly applys color all over. very soft and fluffy, def a must have! def repurchase if something happened to mine.

I just bought this brush recently and am now in love with it! There are 60+ brushes in my stash and this one is absolutely wonderful. If you are like me and have trouble blending the creases with the lid color, this will be your answer to a wonderful blended eye!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE the 227! I debated buying it for a while but I saw it at a CCO and bought it immediately! It's great for when I'm in a hurry- or anytime! I use it for putting on my base eye color. It's also great for blending out harsh lines and and highlighting the brow bone. Definitely a brush that I would recommend!

on 2/12/2009 2:51:00 AM

this brush is amazing for applying highlight under the brows and blending out any harsh lines. I would say that this is a must-have!

Top Rated MAC Products